Khalil Mack holding out... in Buffalo

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How did they get the 2nd 1st? I’m blanking 

The Saints traded with the Packers for the No. 14 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

New Orleans gave up their No. 27 pick, as well a fifth-round pick in the 2018 draft, for the Packers's 14th overall pick. The Packers will also get the Saints's first-round pick in 2019.

Ah that’s right. I remember the saints trading but forget whose pick they got. Still surprised they gave up a 1st for him (not that he’s not good, but that’s a huge price)

I could definitely see that trade working for both sides (Raiders and GB) if it happens 

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Packers have two firsts next year. I’d say they lead the field for sure

I would think the Bills 1st is worth more than both of the Packers 1sts. Many people think the Bills will have a top 5 pick next year. The Packers picks will both be in the 20s, maybe 30s. If we want Mack we can get him. I'm not sure that's the kind of move Beane would make though.

This has gone on longer than I thought it would. Seems like him moving is an actual possibility. Are the Raiders in that bad of financial shape or are they totally bananas? You can’t get the appropriate value for a player like Mack who is coming off his rookie deal. History proves that. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I would think the Bills 1st is worth more than both of the Packers 1sts. Many people think the Bills will have a top 5 pick next year. The Packers picks will both be in the 20s, maybe 30s. If we want Mack we can get him. I'm not sure that's the kind of move Beane would make though.

depends. i don't think beane is giving up a first while in a rebuild. the pack are trying to win now. i doubt they give up both but they can give up one next year and one the year after. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

This has gone on longer than I thought it would. Seems like him moving is an actual possibility. Are the Raiders in that bad of financial shape or are they totally bananas? You can’t get the appropriate value for a player like Mack who is coming off his rookie deal. History proves that. 

If it wasn’t for Gruden I would agree but he’s seeming ego and power driven and might want to prove he can replace him cheaper 

• Like (+1) 2

If we trade for him we would have to trade a big contract in return. Jerry Hughes and a 2nd round draft pick. Mack will cost roughly $20million a year.  Luckily we have a QB on a rookie contract for the next 4 years + 1. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If it wasn’t for Gruden I would agree but he’s seeming ego and power driven and might want to prove he can replace him cheaper 

Bleh. I heard they think Arden Key can be a game wrecker, even comparing him to Aldon Smith. Better be right or they are making a big mistake. Ego and power is limitless when you get that guaranteed coach money. 

Edited by Commonsense

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Bleh. I heard they think Arden Key can be a game wrecker, even comparing him to Alston Smith. Better be right or they are making a big mistake. Ego and power is limitless when you get that guaranteed coach money. 

That’s the thing - i think Reggie McKenzie is an order taker now. You don’t give a HC 100 mill gtd and don’t let him run the show. Personally i think he’s going to go down in flames but we will see.

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

If we trade for him we would have to trade a big contract in return. Jerry Hughes and a 2nd round draft pick. Mack will cost roughly $20million a year.  Luckily we have a QB on a rookie contract for the next 4 years + 1. 

This would give Gruden a veteran pass rusher to cushion the loss of Mack.  Also in Mcdermott/Beane's 5 year plan  an older Hughes would be ok to move  - similar could be said re Shady if that was needed in such a deal. Both are older vets not likely to be around for years 4 & 5 of the Plan - both carry significant cap.

I might prefer a Hughes + Shady + 3rd for Khalil Mack

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I don't think Davis has a lot of cash...he's not one of the richest owners but should still be able to sign Mack. You should always try to sign your best players

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't think Davis has a lot of cash...he's not one of the richest owners but should still be able to sign Mack. You should always try to sign your best players

I think you are exactly right  - and maybe we could take advantage of his not so deep pockets.  We remove him from a 22 million/year  contract with 35 million up front and offer him 'star names' like Shady Mccoy & Jerry Hughes (who require no up front bonus etcc) for his entrance into Las Vegas.  We replace 2 name veterans with a younger stud who could dominate here for 6 years,  

9 minutes ago, jahbonas said:

This would give Gruden a veteran pass rusher to cushion the loss of Mack.  Also in Mcdermott/Beane's 5 year plan  an older Hughes would be ok to move  - similar could be said re Shady if that was needed in such a deal. Both are older vets not likely to be around for years 4 & 5 of the Plan - both carry significant cap.

Raiders have a RB in one Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch. No need for Shady. They're also high on Arden Key so no need for an aging Jerry Hughes. Also they just made Donald Penn take a pay cut which freed up some money to potentially put toward Mack's salary. I'd LOVE for the Bills to acquire Mack and would give them a 1st in a NY minute. A man can dream, can't he?

20 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Raiders have a RB in one Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch. No need for Shady. They're also high on Arden Key so no need for an aging Jerry Hughes. Also they just made Donald Penn take a pay cut which freed up some money to potentially put toward Mack's salary. I'd LOVE for the Bills to acquire Mack and would give them a 1st in a NY minute. A man can dream, can't he?

Re Arden Key  - teams can always use more pass rushers   - they could utilize a Jerry Hughes

Re Marshawn Lynch  - he is 32 and has run for 400 yrd  and 800 yrds the last 2 years  - Shady has been at 1200 yrds each of last 2 years - Shady can be used - teams often use 2 RBs

Re Donald Penn  - any salary reduction he gave is a drop in the ocean when Mack demands signing bonus of 40 million ballpark or higher

1 hour ago, jahbonas said:

I dont think the Raiders could afford both Hughes and Shady contracts. Without looking that would be about a $20m cap hit

48 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Beast mode is as much of a sure thing at this point as is the weather. Shady would instantly be the primary back for the Raiders and take that offense to another level. Lynch, if he even makes it all year, would be a nice counter punch in the red zone. 

5 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I dont think the Raiders could afford both Hughes and Shady contracts. Without looking that would be about a $20m cap hit

Beast mode is as much of a sure thing at this point as is the weather. Shady would instantly be the primary back for the Raiders and take that offense to another level. Lynch, if he even makes it all year, would be a nice counter punch in the red zone. 

The 'affordability' is not the cap number/salary - its the up front guaranteed huge signing bonus ($40+ million) Mack would demand  vs the bonus Shady & Hughes demand ($0)