If the Bills start well, what will be said?

22 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

To the OP:  get some professional help regarding your Buffalophobia.  

Not everyone on the planet is out to get all things Buffalo-related.

Try and relax.

till the kickoff on Week 1 it's all a waste of time but can be fun...

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

1. Our defense stole a couple of wins for us

2. Easy schedule

3. The teams we beat are struggling

4. yada yada yada

Who cares what sports writers say, if they knew anything, they'd be working for an NFL team.

...LMAO...classic "Frosty"......throw in a bit of non-sequitur "them" for good measure....

I’m assuming if we start out hot it will be because like last season was mostly because of the Defense and turnover ratio. 

If that’s the case I expect we’ll hear a lot of what we heard last year, “this style of winning is unsustainable.” 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

On 7/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, The Red King said:

It just occurred to me.  If the Bills somehow come out of the gate on fire, for example 5-2, what will the news stories be?  The Bills have jumped out to big starts in the past, but the drought has always dominated the headlines..."Will the Bills Make the Playoffs?", "Will the Bills End the Drought?".  Well...the drought is over.  So I'm more wondering how the media would handle a Bills team coming off a 9-7 playoff year roaring to an early start in 2018.  Would they see a team that was good last season continuing the trend and talk about the improvements?  Or would they be mired in memories of the drought waiting, like some fans even, for the other shoe to drop...refusing to give them credit because, well, they're the Bills!  In the beginning it was easy to hand wave away some of the bad things happening to the Bills because hey, Super Bowls!  I think we might see the flip side of that now, hand waving away Bills improvements and accomplishments because hey, drought!

We stuck with the process... 

I would consider a 4-4 first half of the season a "good" start, but in the NFL every year teams you think will be bad are good and teams you think will be good are bad. So I think that there certainly will be some easier games in the first half and harder games than expected in the second half. 

Overall though I think the season hinges on the first 2 weeks. Baltimore and San Diego will be close games that will come down to a turnover or a big play or two. If the Bills have any hope this season it will be to start out 2-0 and then squeak in 2 out of the next 6 games to hit the second half of the season 4-4 where the Bills could go 6-2 (Dolphins twice, Jets twice, Bears and Lions all winable games with the Jags and Pats the only tough games.) 

That being said I think the Bill likely start 2-6 and finish 4-4 and go 6-10. The defense will carry the team to some wins but I just don't have faith in the offense.