Zay to Active-Non-Football Injury, Palepoi released

13 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

the timing and ball placement of tyrod vs. nate was night and day. nate was throwing with anticipation and it helped with rac and at least not putting a player at risk of injury. often times and i can think of a few examples, it looked like the receivers weren't expecting the ball to be there and looked startled. they weren't used to that with tyrod. that's what we need and i think that will improve no matter whose throwing the ball.  i think allen will do good at leading or throwing guys open just due to the speed of his throws.

The defenders certainly knew when the ball was coming!

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Considering the reputation that McD has earned since arriving in Buffalo, it's getting harder to see how Zay Jones fits the process. The fact that he is still being considered a virtual lock to make the roster, with many still considering him the assumed #2, speaks more to our dismal WR situation than anything else, IMO.

Lots of things perceived by press and fans are wrong like Bills were trying to tank last year.\

I think Jay was coached real well what to say in interviews with prospective teams.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if he doesn’t pan out they can blame whales 

Sorry, but they got to blame Whaley for last season. THIS season is on their dime!

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well his old coach, who was his college coach AND one who recommended him, could not get him up to speed and was let go.

There has to be a connection there.

Yes blame it on Tyrod.  Sounds extremely crazy with venom.  His WR coach sucked and it was a mistake to hire him.

So it was his reciever coaches fault? 

Give blame where blame is do Z. Jones. At best he will be a medicore slot reciever. More likely he is gone next year.

McD probably will keep him on the roster this year. Reason being he moved up for him in his first draft. It doesn't matter

what he put up in college. He is with the big boys now. 

His hotel run was the best play he made since 'arriving' in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes blame it on Tyrod.  Sounds extremely crazy with venom.  His WR coach sucked and it was a mistake to hire him.

Nope, that’s not what I’m doing at all. The venom thing seems a bit sensitive, because that’s not the case at all (except maybe in your mind if you jumped to that). FYI - I was never a Tyrod hater. I thought he was a middle of the pack (or slightly lower) NFL starting QB. For some reason, these two guys never developed any chemistry. It could be some very real drops caused a lack of confidence for both guys, it’s hard to say. That’s on two guys, and might have changed given more time and reps. Some QB/WR pairs just have better chemistry than others, and it can change over time. 

Wow - just listened to the pre-training camp presser with Coach McD and Brandon Beane.  

I could have sworn that Beane alluded to the fact that one of the injuries (at least) was not related to football and sounds like one of Zay's surgeries was to fix an injury due to his off season "come to Jesus event".

Certainly, I could be wrong but...

28 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Wow - just listened to the pre-training camp presser with Coach McD and Brandon Beane.  

I could have sworn that Beane alluded to the fact that one of the injuries (at least) was not related to football and sounds like one of Zay's surgeries was to fix an injury due to his off season "come to Jesus event".

Certainly, I could be wrong but...

....if the second surgery (not torn labrum) was related to his "romp", he's on a helluva lot shorter leash than I thought.....

Bills GM Brandon Beane termed Zay Jones' (knee) placement on the active/NFI list as the team "just being smart."

"We're probably holding Zay Jones back more than Zay is holding himself back," Beane said. "Just being smart with having him on NFI right now." Coach Sean McDermott took a tougher tone, deeming Jones "behind." Jones is on the spot after his wildly disappointing rookie season.

Jul 26 - 4:24 PM

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

NFI, hopefully not related to his mental health.  If it is, this could last a while.  The guy on that video was clearly not well.

Apparently not mental, but related to that troubling incident hence NFI.  Per Tim Graham, deep laceration below his kneecap required surgical repair.

below is Athletic link but can read with free trial:

https://theathletic.com/447403/2018/07/26/bills-place-zay-jones-on-non-football-injury-list-as-he-continues-recovery-from-surgery/

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently not mental, but related to that troubling incident hence NFI.  Per Tim Graham, deep laceration below his kneecap required surgical repair.

https://theathletic.com/447403/2018/07/26/bills-place-zay-jones-on-non-football-injury-list-as-he-continues-recovery-from-surgery/

Man hope that kid can turn things around, not just for football reasons. 

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if he doesn’t pan out they can blame whales 

have they ever blamed anyone for anything ?
just moved on.

I expect they are wishing for for trade offer lol

8 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

So it was his reciever coaches fault? 

Give blame where blame is do Z. Jones. At best he will be a medicore slot reciever. More likely he is gone next year.

McD probably will keep him on the roster this year. Reason being he moved up for him in his first draft. It doesn't matter

what he put up in college. He is with the big boys now. 

His hotel run was the best play he made since 'arriving' in the NFL. 

still waiting for the PI flag for the window impeding his route.
maybe he thought his brother would get the flag for holding? and   a 1st down awarded.  who tf knows where this kid is at mentally.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Never heard where all that blood came from.  Let's hope he gets it together.