LeSean McCoy allegations

14 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Thank god people are finally strong enough to proclaim on a message board that women don't deserve to be beaten just because they are crazy.

But let's also be clear: Water is Wet 

What argument could you possibly have that she deserved this?  I'll wait.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

This is true, and surprisingly perspicacious.  

But - and this is important to note - that still doesn't mean that crazy women deserve to be beaten.

That's not how it works.  That's not how any of this works.  :wacko:

Go argue with yourself then.  There is a word for that.

Just now, Peter said:

Go argue with yourself then.  There is a word for that.

Why would I argue with myself?  I'm right, and you're wrong.  There is NOT a "ticking clock," there is a process, which is open ended, during which a tenant has a right of residency.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Thank god people are finally strong enough to proclaim on a message board that women don't deserve to be beaten just because they are crazy.

But let's also be clear: Water is Wet 

Water itself is not wet actually. 

Just now, DC Tom said:

I'm not acting like a white knight.  I'm protecting myself from overreactive fools.  

Read the rest of my post.....

Yes you are acting like a white knight, overly protecting a woman from scrutiny. People are suggesting that she may have set this up or mad at her for squatting; and those are legit theories or speculations at this point because we only have a little information, nothing tying McCoy to it and little Motivation for a multimillionaire with a bunch of money left on the table to commit the crime.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What argument could you possibly have that she deserved this?  I'll wait.

There might actually be some thing that one could argue, but it would have to be more grotesque and disturbing than what happened to her. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Water itself is not wet actually. 

Yes- I love it when threads devolve into fluid dynamics! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloSol said:

Read the rest of my post.....

Yes you are acting like a white knight, overly protecting a woman from scrutiny. People are suggesting that she may have set this up or mad at her for squatting; and those are legit theories or speculations at this point because we only have a little information, nothing tying McCoy to it and little Motivation for a multimillionaire with a bunch of money left on the table to commit the crime.

No, I'm not.  It is not protecting her from scrutiny to say she doesn't deserve to be beaten because she's nuts.  Scrutinize her all you want.  It is protecting me from the idiocy of people who think "she's crazy" is "victim blaming."  Which we've already had happen in this very thread, which is why I posted it.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It would take a low-watt light bulb like McCoy to order a hit and have it end up with the target literally being hit with a gun.

No, that was because they're married...  :wacko:

I feel like everyone here needs to watch "I, Tonja." We are in the process of living that movie (vicariously!) right now, I suspect.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's becoming clearer and clearer that McCoy had something to do with orchestrating this hit.

Yeah, no.  It's actually looking like the complete opposite of that.

Just now, Doc said:

Yeah, no.  It's actually looking like the complete opposite of that.

Pretty sure, given that he's calling it a hit, that he's kidding.

Just now, Bruce_Stools said:

Battered women.......sounds delicious.  Doesn’t make it right

Stop being a white knight and scrutinize her!

Just now, DC Tom said:

No.  That's not what that tweet said. 

I think the bigger problem in discussions like this isn't the rampant speculation so much as the rampant illiteracy.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Just wanted to clarify.