President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

If you think American citizens would allow this country to be taken over by Nazi's than you're confused because of your lack of understanding fascism.  This country is likely to be overrun by anti fascist fascists than anything else right now.

I emplore us to use Maxine Waters tactics and hunt them down and harass them. 

It wasn't a comment on fascism. It was about a sense of elitism / superiority and the desire to, literally, remove from society anyone they feel is inferior - from intellectual and moral perspectives. 1930s Germany was a sarcastic reminder that, while this very same group accused Trump of being the second coming of Hitler, they are the ones whose behaviors more closely resemble what they accuse Trump of.

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It wasn't a comment on fascism. It was about a sense of elitism / superiority and the desire to, literally, remove from society anyone they feel is inferior - from intellectual and moral perspectives. 1930s Germany was a sarcastic reminder that, while this very same group accused Trump of being the second coming of Hitler, they are the ones whose behaviors more closely resemble what they accuse Trump of.

So, Obama's legacy continues.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I've never liked the EC, but I'll admit I stole most of the particulars from last night's episode of Bill Maher.

He's the only liberal who hasn't lost his damn mind in this me too/believe every woman era. If we don't have a presumption of innocence, we may as well just throw everything away. I expect rank hypocrisy from the right, but the left is really giving them a run for their money.

They'll probably silence Maher soon.

The twitter mob was all over Maher last night..................I have never liked Maher's supposed comedy nor his smugness, but I've always thought he was telling his truth.  I thought it was bull when he got fired by ABC. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

But that's not true. Bill Gates lives in a relatively populous state while the dude living under the overpass in Wyoming does not. So the dude living under the overpass in Cheyenne has MORE of a say than Bill Gates based on the electoral college.

Not only that, the dude living under the overpass in Cheyenne is represented by the same number of senators as the overpass dwelling transient in Los Angeles despite the fact that 20 million people live in CA compared to 580k in Wyoming.

The whole system has allowed Bridgy Bill in Cheyenne to choose our leaders; thus Trump.

You fundamentally misunderstand how our system of government works.

The President doesn't represent the people.  He is the figure head of the executive branch.

He is not democratically elected for exactly that reason.

As an aside, you're letting your inner authoritarian show by asserting that people not living in costal urban centers should have no say in how they are governed, and instead those people living in "****ty states" should be dictated to by their betters.

Why would those people ever agree to be party to a nation that is so hostile to them, their values, and their culture?

That open hostility you're putting on display now is exactly why you have President Trump; and exactly why President Trump is installing anOriginalist Court which will do away with the poisonous "living document" philosophy, and undo decades of judicial activism.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Kavanaugh is a Bush Republican with an excellent judicial record. He is a mainstream conservative. The only thing controversial about him was what arose as a result of an initially anonymous and perduring unsubstantiated claim of sexual misconduct that was on noone's radar screen as the fella had already passed six FBI background checks. If you mean to imply that Kavanaugh should have been withdrawn once the allegations and Democratic smear tactics ramped up, such a move would only embolden those engaged in such intemperate and scurrilous political tactics to continue doing so to any GOP nominee.

Perfect summation of the key point of the last two weeks well done good post!?

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Bloodshed will happen before the end of the next decade if this doesn't stop.  It's not going to get better.

That is a pretty glass half full assesment, i believe some good people will die in the next 48 hours in all actuality. These people are f*cking sick, and the crazy pin has been officially pulled.

• Like (+1) 1

Kavanaugh protesters are busy repainting their signs to point towared victory in November.  How many protesters will actually vote?  How many folks at home shaking their heads at the actions of the protesters will actually vote?

Kavanaugh protesters: order more paint as you plan to target your next perceived slight.

Edited by Keukasmallies

42 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Kavanaugh protesters are busy repainting their signs to point towared victory in November.  How many protesters will actually vote?  How many folks at home shaking their heads at the actions of the protesters will actually vote?

Kavanaugh protesters: order more paint as you plan to target your next perceived slight.

I am not convinced that if they vote, they make a difference. It is probably the same 100 protesters in different wigs and colored contacts at all these "protests".  Probably why they (antifa) started with black clothing and facemasks.  Harder to tell it was the same people at every "event". 

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Who the F**** gave these idiots in the gallery passes? Can we see THAT record?

The gallery is brought in every 5 minutes to observe democracy in action as the guests of the congressional delegates.

Watch Mr Smith goes to watching you ignorant swine.?

Almost to the end!!!!

-------

She only withdrawals her vote after she sees it would not have mattered. Good for dude with his daughter but come on, brah.  That was a gamble.

Edited by Boyst62