President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Meh. It is the internet, and trolls abound. If you want to have a serious political discussion, some would argue a football message board is not the venue. However, I see many quality contributors on this sub-forum, and I have learned quite a bit since joining in. 

One of the most interesting things about political discussions is we all come to our political beliefs with life and/or learning biases.  By getting a small flavor of who you really are (generic you), it helps to understand the place in your life where you're coming from. This aids and abets real discussion. 

This is true. PPP is a good place to debate, learn and make smartass remarks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

you forgot that she could overhear laughter from downstairs while locked in a bathroom with the bedroom across the hall playing loud music.

:eyeroll: 

And the people she named who could corroborate her story can't, but that's because of medical issues.  And that she said 4 men were in the room initially was because her therapist made a mistake.  Meanwhile she can't fly because of claustrophobia...unless it's to surf in Fiji.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Kind of funny 

In a press conference Monday afternoon, President Trump said he was “surprised” by how “vocal” Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh was about his drinking habits during last week’s public hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. “I watched a man saying that he did have difficulty as a young man with drink,” he said. “I mean he talked about things that happened when he drinks—this is not a man that said...that he was perfect with respect to alcohol,” Trump added. The president, who does not imbibe alcohol, told reporters that not drinking is one of his “only good traits.” “I’ve never had alcohol. I just, for whatever reason,” he said. “Can you imagine, if I had, what a mess I’d be? I’d be the world’s worst.” He added that he thinks it’s “very unfair” that Kavanaugh’s drinking habits from years ago have been questioned, adding that there have been “no bad reports” on his nominee in the last 25 years. During last week’s hearing, Kavanaugh denied ever having a drinking problem, saying that he merely “liked beer” and still likes beer

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Kind of funny 

In a press conference Monday afternoon, President Trump said he was “surprised” by how “vocal” Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh was about his drinking habits during last week’s public hearing in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. “I watched a man saying that he did have difficulty as a young man with drink,” he said. “I mean he talked about things that happened when he drinks—this is not a man that said...that he was perfect with respect to alcohol,” Trump added. The president, who does not imbibe alcohol, told reporters that not drinking is one of his “only good traits.” “I’ve never had alcohol. I just, for whatever reason,” he said. “Can you imagine, if I had, what a mess I’d be? I’d be the world’s worst.” He added that he thinks it’s “very unfair” that Kavanaugh’s drinking habits from years ago have been questioned, adding that there have been “no bad reports” on his nominee in the last 25 years. During last week’s hearing, Kavanaugh denied ever having a drinking problem, saying that he merely “liked beer” and still likes beer

Yet Justice Breyer was busted for under age drinking when he was in college. Seems to have worked out OK for him.

Also, anecdotally, when watching his opening argument when he they stopped for a bathroom break I was switching around channels.    An MSNBC host said "I worked for Justice Kavanaugh for 7 years and  only heard him mention the work 'beer' 2 or 3 times. Now he's said it a bunch. We'll see what happens."  I found that interesting.  A good question to ask would  be is he still a white knuckle drunk?

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ford claims that 36 years ago Kavanaugh shoved her in a bedroom at a party and got on top of her on a bed. He then tried to take her clothes off but Mark Judge who was in the room also jumped on Kavanaugh and they all fell off the bed and she escaped. Oh, and Kavanaugh put his hand over her mouth. She doesn't know when or where this happened or how she got to the home or how she left it.

OK, so why does Joe Dirt get to have the burden of proof raised to semen samples, bruises, tissue scraped, etc. or he sues the county for slander, defamation on rape and we go by heresay for a high ranking government position.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yet Justice Breyer was busted for under age drinking when he was in college. Seems to have worked out OK for him.

Also, anecdotally, when watching his opening argument when he they stopped for a bathroom break I was switching around channels.    An MSNBC host said "I worked for Justice Kavanaugh for 7 years and  only heard him mention the work 'beer' 2 or 3 times. Now he's said it a bunch. We'll see what happens."  I found that interesting.  A good question to ask would  be is he still a white knuckle drunk?

I thought Trump's comments about what if he was a drinker, were funny. That's all 

• Like (+1) 1

Marjie Lewis

Written by a Female Physician who was wild in college. "This is not Justice. This is Wrong... I was immersed in the party scene in college. I drank to excess. I... had black out nights. I WAS GROPED AT FRAT PARTIES. If advances were unwanted I pushed the person away and set personal boundaries. I chose to be a part of the party scene. Because of this I had fun and I have regrets. I HAVE BEEN ASSAULTED AND NOT RAPED. I could replay a scenario like Christine Ford described as very similar to things that happened when excessive drinking occurred in my own experiences.
At the age of 25 I settled down and now my idea of excitement is Netflix and yoga pants. If any of my current patients saw my behavior back then, I could understand why they wouldn’t want me to care for them.
I feel like being a physician is every bit as important as being a Supreme Court Justice. The decisions we make over the span of our careers could change the lives of thousands of people and their descendants for years to come. The same can be said for the Supreme Court or any other political office held. The thing is, poor choices in the past does not, and should not disqualify them. I chugged bankers club whiskey in a cornfield and peed behind a dumpster 25 years ago. But Friday I used tiny instruments to remove infected bony partitions from the ethmoid sinus a few millimeters away from the brain. Should I have a right to operate on humans despite my past? You are damn right I do. You know why? Because I spent 20 years educating myself and sacrificing countless hours to get there. I gave up so much to be good at what I do, to be confident enough in myself to put myself out there to care for people who put their lives in my hands. My hands are capable in spite of my weaknesses of the past.
Character is built partially on learning from mistakes. Brett Kavanaugh has devoted his life to public service and the past 20 years of his life is the definition of integrity. He deserves this appointment.
I AM AGAINST THE WEAPONIZATION OF VICTIMHOOD. Believing unequivocally the woman is right every single time no matter what is giving women power to take out anyone in their path. That is not equality. This radical position is not the answer to gender discrimination and victims rights.
No one can even place Brett Kavanaugh and the Christine Ford IN THE SAME ROOM at a party that zero people recollect except for the woman making the accusations.
If every single woman must be believed every single time, we all know there will be circumstances by which someone will use this power for selfish reasons. It sets women back so far. This is not breaking the glass ceiling. THIS IS NOT JUSTICE. THIS IS WRONG.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

OK, so why does Joe Dirt get to have the burden of proof raised to semen samples, bruises, tissue scraped, etc. or he sues the county for slander, defamation on rape and we go by heresay for a high ranking government position.

You need to read up on this. Kavanaugh has not been accused of rape. Google is your friend best way to find out the facts.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Marjie Lewis

Written by a Female Physician who was wild in college. "This is not Justice. This is Wrong... I was immersed in the party scene in college. I drank to excess. I... had black out nights. I WAS GROPED AT FRAT PARTIES. If advances were unwanted I pushed the person away and set personal boundaries. I chose to be a part of the party scene. Because of this I had fun and I have regrets. I HAVE BEEN ASSAULTED AND NOT RAPED. I could replay a scenario like Christine Ford described as very similar to things that happened when excessive drinking occurred in my own experiences.
At the age of 25 I settled down and now my idea of excitement is Netflix and yoga pants. If any of my current patients saw my behavior back then, I could understand why they wouldn’t want me to care for them.
I feel like being a physician is every bit as important as being a Supreme Court Justice. The decisions we make over the span of our careers could change the lives of thousands of people and their descendants for years to come. The same can be said for the Supreme Court or any other political office held. The thing is, poor choices in the past does not, and should not disqualify them. I chugged bankers club whiskey in a cornfield and peed behind a dumpster 25 years ago. But Friday I used tiny instruments to remove infected bony partitions from the ethmoid sinus a few millimeters away from the brain. Should I have a right to operate on humans despite my past? You are damn right I do. You know why? Because I spent 20 years educating myself and sacrificing countless hours to get there. I gave up so much to be good at what I do, to be confident enough in myself to put myself out there to care for people who put their lives in my hands. My hands are capable in spite of my weaknesses of the past.
Character is built partially on learning from mistakes. Brett Kavanaugh has devoted his life to public service and the past 20 years of his life is the definition of integrity. He deserves this appointment.
I AM AGAINST THE WEAPONIZATION OF VICTIMHOOD. Believing unequivocally the woman is right every single time no matter what is giving women power to take out anyone in their path. That is not equality. This radical position is not the answer to gender discrimination and victims rights.
No one can even place Brett Kavanaugh and the Christine Ford IN THE SAME ROOM at a party that zero people recollect except for the woman making the accusations.
If every single woman must be believed every single time, we all know there will be circumstances by which someone will use this power for selfish reasons. It sets women back so far. This is not breaking the glass ceiling. THIS IS NOT JUSTICE. THIS IS WRONG.

You need to read up on this. Kavanaugh has not been accused of rape. Google is your friend best way to find out the facts.

Of course not formally accused but many people believe him guilty of it based on what is stated rather than what is proven.  A decision to approve Kavanaugh as a SC justice is hanging on what weight certain people are placing on these statements.

47 minutes ago, Foxx said:

are you calling me a SJW?

No, I don't think that would be the case as a mother and father of 14 kids, all orphans... Oh, Something...

46 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Meh. It is the internet, and trolls abound. If you want to have a serious political discussion, some would argue a football message board is not the venue. However, I see many quality contributors on this sub-forum, and I have learned quite a bit since joining in. 

One of the most interesting things about political discussions is we all come to our political beliefs with life and/or learning biases.  By getting a small flavor of who you really are (generic you), it helps to understand the place in your life where you're coming from. This aids and abets real discussion. 

There hasn't been serious discussion on this forum in five or six years. Ever since !@#$s like Tiberius and others before him took it over with their trolling they were weak and feeble minded folks like bird dog and Baskin which made this place an absolute Trainwreck

48 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

OK, since I don't watch C-Span 24/7 get me up to speed on Ford since her name gets tossed around on the 6:30 news the most.  If she is getting seat time at the hearing she must be claiming something in terms of witnessing rape since that is the subject at hand in terms of Kavanaugh.

"She MUST be claiming something in terms of witnessing rape since that is the subject at hand in terms of Kavanugh"

OR

The media and the left are tag teaming the truth to slide the conversation to the extreme. Also possible, no? 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

No, I don't think that would be the case as a mother and father of 14 kids, all orphans... Oh, Something...

There hasn't been serious discussion on this forum in five or six years. Ever since !@#$s like Tiberius and others before him took it over with their trolling they were weak and feeble minded folks like bird dog and Baskin which made this place an absolute Trainwreck

I must be reading a different sub-forum than you are... and block Tibs. Shesh. I think I figured that out rather quickly.  Block is your friend. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Of course not formally accused but many people believe him guilty of it based on what is stated rather than what is proven.  A decision to approve Kavanaugh as a SC justice is hanging on what weight certain people are placing on these statements.

The only people who believe Kavanaugh is "guilty" of anything based on this f*cking charade are devout liberals who lap up whatever their false idols spew at them.  You know, things like "Brett Kavanaugh's conformation will lead to the death of MILLIONS of women."

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The only people who believe Kavanaugh is "guilty" of anything based on this f*cking charade are devout liberals who lap up whatever their false idols spew at them.  You know, things like "Brett Kavanaugh's conformation will lead to the death of MILLIONS of women."

Preach.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I must be reading a different sub-forum than you are... and block Tibs. Shesh. I think I figured that out rather quickly.  Block is your friend. 

Ignore is the only thing that makes the main forum readable.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

OK, since I don't watch C-Span 24/7 get me up to speed on Ford since her name gets tossed around on the 6:30 news the most.  If she is getting seat time at the hearing she must be claiming something in terms of witnessing rape since that is the subject at hand in terms of Kavanaugh.

Many have commented on this in various ways, but no one has discussed how this started.

The accused woman sent a letter about this to, among other people, Sen. Diane Feinstein. This was sent months ago. The Democrats sat on it through the entire interview process with Kavanaugh. Not a single Dem asked Kavanaugh about this during the interview, and in fact no one so much as mentioned it to him at all.

They didn't use the woman until they were out of bullets. When it looked like Kavanaugh was about to get confirmed, DiFi released the released the letter, and in spite of the woman requesting anonymity , the Democrats leaked her name to the media to force her to come to the hearing.

On the upside they have been filling her GoFundMe account up to a quarter of a million dollars, but literally everyone who this woman says can corroborate her story literally has no recollection of what she is talking about. 

Not a single witness. In fact, no one knows what in the holy hell she's talking about.

That's why we've moved from Kananaugh is a rapist to Kavanaugh is an alcoholic rapist.

Dem playbook...simple as that. They have nothing, but demand that he is presumed guilty regardless of the facts.

Edited by LABillzFan