President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 minute ago, Thirdborn said:

yeah, I'm mad, bro.  This is !@#$ing ridiculous. there are other qualified judges available. Keep pushing this clown ... we'll see what that gets your party.

It’s ridiculous but not for the reason you think it is.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Thirdborn said:

OH my !@#$ing God. Just nominate someone who wasn't a raging alcoholic frat boy and move on. Your lack of empathy is nauseating.  

You can't drink alcohol at parties in college and be a Supreme Court Justice 30 years later is quite the take.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

You can't drink alcohol at parties in college and be a Supreme Court Justice 30 years later is quite the take.

that you can grind on a 15 yr old and drink till your !@#$ing bilnd is cool though. Yeah I'm cool with this guy on the supreme court. Grab em by the kitty and all 

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Wrong forum.

There isn't a forum for "Things Kennedys have done while drunk which have been excused profusely by Democrats for decades".  I asked once and was given two reasons by the mods:

1. TKHDWDWHBEPBDFD just doesn't have a ring like PPP

2. Only 10 TB is available for use from SDS' service provider.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I once threw a drink at a woman who was screaming her head off at me.

Does that disqualify me from a seat on the Supreme Court?

Did you lay on top of her with your hand over her mouth?

11 minutes ago, Thirdborn said:

yeah, I'm mad, bro.  This is !@#$ing ridiculous. there are other qualified judges available. Keep pushing this clown ... we'll see what that gets your party.

This "clown" is highly qualified, actually. Even by Dem standards. We're supposed to toss him to the side because a woman who has not told one corroborated truth about being sexually assaulted by him? A woman who tonight is found to possibly have perjured herself?

Or is it suddenly that he drinks? Maybe you'd feel better if he and his drinking buddies had a cool name. Like Choom Gang or something.

Get over it, TB. Dude is qualified, he's getting confirmed, and you keep lining up people to lie about him and we'll see what that gets your party.

3 minutes ago, Thirdborn said:

Yes, I believe her.

All she's done is tell stories people SHE referred as witnesses can not corroborate.

Wanting this to be true doesn't make it true.

56 minutes ago, Thirdborn said:

OH my !@#$ing God. Just nominate someone who wasn't a raging alcoholic frat boy and move on. Your lack of empathy is nauseating.  

Dude anyone he nominated would have received the same treatment and still will if he is replaced.  The Dems promised this and delivered.  If Trump nominated the religious lady all hell would have broken loose too, just with a different topic being discussed.

THE GOALPOSTS HAVE LEFT THE STADIUM BY THIS POINT: Byron York: In Kavanaugh fight, Democrats move goalposts far, far away.

Ask any casual observer what the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation fight is about, and the answer will be the allegation that at a high-school party 36 years ago, when Kavanaugh was 17, he drunkenly forced then-15-year-old Christine Ford onto a bed, tried to undress her, and, when she tried to scream, covered her mouth with his hand.

That is now old news. In the last 48 hours, immediately after Senate Republicans and President Trump agreed to Democratic demands that the FBI investigate the 1982 incident, the Kavanaugh goalposts have moved dramatically. Now, a key issue is Kavanaugh’s teenage drinking, and whether he testified truthfully to Congress about the amount of beer he consumed in high school and college more than three decades ago, and the effect it had on him.

Just look at the headlines:

“Yale Classmate Accuses Kavanaugh of ‘Blatant Mischaracterization’ of His Drinking.” (New York Times)

“Another Yale classmate breaks silence: Kavanaugh lied.” (CNN)

“Brett Kavanaugh’s College Friends Say He Lied Under Oath About Drinking.” (NBC)

And many others. The allegation is that at last Thursday’s hearing, Kavanaugh lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee when he was asked about his drinking practices both in high school and at Yale University. Kavanaugh was under oath at the time.

“Lying to Congress is a federal crime,” Sen. Bernie Sanders noted in a letter to Judiciary Committee chairman Charles Grassley. “Kavanaugh’s truthfulness with the Senate goes to the very heart of whether he should be confirmed to the court.”

The new developments raised two questions. One, did Kavanaugh actually lie to the Senate about his drinking? And two, why are Democrats, now that they have finally won the FBI investigation they wanted into the sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, suddenly making a bigger deal of his drinking?

They’re making a big deal about the drinking because they know they’ve got nothing.

Her credibility was shaky when I first learned she was a college professor, which I figured meant she was a D, and that she donates to Ds and attends D rallies.  I went down from there after her testimony. 

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This "clown" is highly qualified, actually. Even by Dem standards. We're supposed to toss him to the side because a woman who has not told one corroborated truth about being sexually assaulted by him? A woman who tonight is found to possibly have perjured herself?

Or is it suddenly that he drinks? Maybe you'd feel better if he and his drinking buddies had a cool name. Like Choom Gang or something.

Get over it, TB. Dude is qualified, he's getting confirmed, and you keep lining up people to lie about him and we'll see what that gets your party.

All she's done is tell stories people SHE referred as witnesses can not corroborate.

Wanting this to be true doesn't make it true.

I'm not a Democrat.  I'm an adult who can reach an objective conclusion when presented with 2 sides of a story. I believe her. He has lied about his past under oath (according to his friends)

Edited by Thirdborn

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

THE GOALPOSTS HAVE LEFT THE STADIUM BY THIS POINT: Byron York: In Kavanaugh fight, Democrats move goalposts far, far away.

Ask any casual observer what the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court confirmation fight is about, and the answer will be the allegation that at a high-school party 36 years ago, when Kavanaugh was 17, he drunkenly forced then-15-year-old Christine Ford onto a bed, tried to undress her, and, when she tried to scream, covered her mouth with his hand.

That is now old news. In the last 48 hours, immediately after Senate Republicans and President Trump agreed to Democratic demands that the FBI investigate the 1982 incident, the Kavanaugh goalposts have moved dramatically. Now, a key issue is Kavanaugh’s teenage drinking, and whether he testified truthfully to Congress about the amount of beer he consumed in high school and college more than three decades ago, and the effect it had on him.

Just look at the headlines:

“Yale Classmate Accuses Kavanaugh of ‘Blatant Mischaracterization’ of His Drinking.” (New York Times)

“Another Yale classmate breaks silence: Kavanaugh lied.” (CNN)

“Brett Kavanaugh’s College Friends Say He Lied Under Oath About Drinking.” (NBC)

And many others. The allegation is that at last Thursday’s hearing, Kavanaugh lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee when he was asked about his drinking practices both in high school and at Yale University. Kavanaugh was under oath at the time.

“Lying to Congress is a federal crime,” Sen. Bernie Sanders noted in a letter to Judiciary Committee chairman Charles Grassley. “Kavanaugh’s truthfulness with the Senate goes to the very heart of whether he should be confirmed to the court.”

The new developments raised two questions. One, did Kavanaugh actually lie to the Senate about his drinking? And two, why are Democrats, now that they have finally won the FBI investigation they wanted into the sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, suddenly making a bigger deal of his drinking?

They’re making a big deal about the drinking because they know they’ve got nothing..

Yup because they realize Ford sunk herself and because Flaky Jeff said that if BK lied during his testimony, he wouldn't vote for him.  So they're grasping at anything they can claim is a lie.

1 minute ago, Thirdborn said:

I'm not a Democrat.  I'm an adult who can reach an objective conclusion when presented with 2 sides of a story. I believe her. He has lied about his past under oath (according to his friends)

Where did he lie about his past under oath?

8 minutes ago, Thirdborn said:

There’s only one side to the “story.” Hers. And there’s absolutely nothing backing it up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Where did he lie about his past under oath?

You know as well as I, and every other American watching this circus, that there are numerous college acquaintances that have called him out.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

There’s only one side to the “story.” Hers. And there’s absolutely nothing backing it up.

Why the !@#$ would she make it up?  Why the !@#$, would you doubt her?  Seriously, Is it such a reach that a drunk college frat boy would try to !@#$ a 15 yr old and not remember?