President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

The bar standard is odd.

On one level we have a bar threshold to set up a man who has served umpteenth years in the public high and rated among colleagues as being of sound quality. His reputation has been besmirched and now allegations of lying are brought out to bring him down and make him a looser.  He has everything to loose.

On the other level is a woman who seems to be of potential mental health concern allege that she was a victim without citing proof or evidence being portrayed as honest. She has absolutely nothing to loose.

Yet, here we are believing the latter over the former because #resist.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I partied a lot, but what Kav is talking about in his letter and just generally looking at the evidence they seriously drank to total blackout levels and threw up all over the place. They obviously had issues. It makes its much more believable that these drunk, totally wasted teens acted out on the sexual deviance they bragged about. 

He should not be on the court after all the lies he has told 

Out motto in college was “I don’t have a drinking problem. I drink I get drunk I fall down....no problem!”  That included my beautiful wife of 35 years. So are you saying my wife had issues?  

And I thought according to you lies were ok because everyone lies. Keep your story straight. 

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Out motto in college was “I don’t have a drinking problem. I drink I get drunk I fall down....no problem!”  That included my beautiful wife of 35 years. So are you saying my wife had issues?  

And I thought according to you lies were ok because everyone lies. Keep your story straight. 

You are positively creepy. I don't want to talk about your wife. WTF? 

There are lies and then there are damn lies. 1 and 10 are both numbers, both they are different. You understand that? Politicians are different from judges, you understand that? 

10 hours ago, Thirdborn said:

Yes, I believe her.

Of course you do snowflake 

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Trump made a mistake in not selecting Barrett.  Like Kavanaugh, her judicial record and personal statements suggested she believed in the principals of originalism/texualism when it came to interpreting the constitution.  However, she's younger than Kavanaugh, a mother of seven, a devout catholic (graduate of Notre Dame), and physically attractive (which is important in this superficial society we live in).  She would've been the Democrats worst nightmare in her confirmation hearings.  I don't think sexual assault allegations would've come forward either.  Missed opportunity.

They would have just make up sonething else. Remember the dems motto, the end justifies the means. 

9 minutes ago, westside said:

Of course you do snowflake 

They would have just make up sonething else. Remember the dems motto, the end justifies the means. 

Doesn't bother you Trump is a fraudster? You think Trump University was ok? 

Fraud 

1 hour ago, Thirdborn said:

There are several posters here, whose opinions I disagree with, but I still respect them. LA, and Tom are examples, but there are too many !@#$s like Boyst, that play in their own ****. I dont have the patience or the desire to deal with this anymore.

That's too bad.  We have a dearth of sane liberals on PPP.  But I understand.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I partied a lot, but what Kav is talking about in his letter and just generally looking at the evidence they seriously drank to total blackout levels and threw up all over the place. They obviously had issues. It makes its much more believable that these drunk, totally wasted teens acted out on the sexual deviance they bragged about. 

He should not be on the court after all the lies he has told 

Everyone who drinks in excess is a rapist. Hot takes abound.

I still believe Flake is a no.  The wiggle room he has been providing over the past day is different than his original statement when he voted yes.  He now goes to temperament and partisanship, all that was available to him at the time that he made the statement close to a week ago.  Why the sudden change?

I'll tell you why, he's been hanging around Coons and speaking to left leaning audiences.  He is reviled among the right, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even read or watch conservative media.  However, if you go to "mainstream" media or leftwing website he is getting lots of love.   You can see, he is sympathetic to the arguments from the left,  and I believe he has now recently isolated himself among his previous supporters which were some of the more mainstream republicans but even they are furious with Flake.

If he is a man of his word, he'll go based off his original criteria which had to do with the sexual assault allegation and if there is no corroborating evidence that points to that in this FBI investigation then he'll vote him in.   I don't believe he will do that.  I think he is now looking on to his next career which will have something to do with endearment from liberals.

Murkowski I believe will be a yes, and Collins is just in a very difficult spot.  The two other democrats Heidkamp and Manchin are wild cards, they could go either way.  WIth Flake possibly voting No it makes it a bit easier for them to say no and if Collins is a no then no way they vote yes.

It's going to be close.  However Predictit is showing a 73% chance that it's a yes and it's been trending higher over the past 2 days.  https://www.predictit.org/Contract/12469/Will-Brett-Kavanaugh-be-the-next-confirmed-Supreme-Court-justice#data

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

He admitted to drinking too much sometimes.

That's correct, what he said is that he never blacked out.

How can anyone prove that a "black out" occurred?   They are still conscience in the eyes of others, they simply just don't have a recollection of what had happened.

He never did say at least to my recollection that he didn't drink a lot.  He said over and over that he liked beer.  That he did things that when he looks back at his youth that he cringed over.

No doubt that he attempted to minimize his drinking but who the !@#$ cares?   The man was falsely accused and there have been tons of false allegations against him and there have been hundreds if not thousands of articles attacking him.   Of course he's going to be defensive and it's not unreasonable to believe that the fix is in to get you.   So that shouldn't even be a consideration.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He admitted to drinking too much sometimes.

Way too much, along with his totally sexist comments, makes me think, he sure could have done what he is accused of. 

Then he lied to Congress under oath 

17 minutes ago, Magox said:

I still believe Flake is a no.  The wiggle room he has been providing over the past day is different than his original statement when he voted yes.  He now goes to temperament and partisanship, all that was available to him at the time that he made the statement close to a week ago.  Why the sudden change?

I'll tell you why, he's been hanging around Coons and speaking to left leaning audiences.  He is reviled among the right, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even read or watch conservative media.  However, if you go to "mainstream" media or leftwing website he is getting lots of love.   You can see, he is sympathetic to the arguments from the left,  and I believe he has now recently isolated himself among his previous supporters which were some of the more mainstream republicans but even they are furious with Flake.

If he is a man of his word, he'll go based off his original criteria which had to do with the sexual assault allegation and if there is no corroborating evidence that points to that in this FBI investigation then he'll vote him in.   I don't believe he will do that.  I think he is now looking on to his next career which will have something to do with endearment from liberals.

Murkowski I believe will be a yes, and Collins is just in a very difficult spot.  The two other democrats Heidkamp and Manchin are wild cards, they could go either way.  WIth Flake possibly voting No it makes it a bit easier for them to say no and if Collins is a no then no way they vote yes.

It's going to be close.  However Predictit is showing a 73% chance that it's a yes and it's been trending higher over the past 2 days.  https://www.predictit.org/Contract/12469/Will-Brett-Kavanaugh-be-the-next-confirmed-Supreme-Court-justice#data

How can anyone prove that a "black out" occurred?   They are still conscience in the eyes of others, they simply just don't have a recollection of what had happened.

He never did say at least to my recollection that he didn't drink a lot.  He said over and over that he liked beer.  That he did things that when he looks back at his youth that he cringed over.

No doubt that he attempted to minimize his drinking but who the !@#$ cares?   The man was falsely accused and there have been tons of false allegations against him and there have been hundreds if not thousands of articles attacking him.   Of course he's going to be defensive and it's not unreasonable to believe that the fix is in to get you.   So that shouldn't even be a consideration.

It wouldn't surprise me if Flake & Coons think they can bridge some political gap and are planning to "unify" the country under a Flake/Coon or Coon/Flake 2020 ticket.

26 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Everyone who drinks in excess is a rapist. Hot takes abound.

Well, everyone who throws ice is a rapist now, too.  

And all Republicans are rapists.  And Nazis.

So therefore, all who throw ice are Nazis.  

22 minutes ago, Magox said:

How can anyone prove that a "black out" occurred? 

Just ask:

"Have you ever blacked out drunk?"

If the answer is "no," then he's clearly blacked out, because he doesn't remember it.

If the answer is "yes," then it's perjury, because by definition one cannot remember a blackout.

So either way, he's !@#$ed.  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Thirdborn said:

OH my !@#$ing God. Just nominate someone who wasn't a raging alcoholic frat boy and move on. Your lack of empathy is nauseating.  

Anyone who supports the legitimization of a blatant character assassination of a good man without any evidence of wrongdoing on political grounds, as part of a political process is a moron.

What you are supporting is going to lead directly to wide scale violence.

Why on Earth would you want to support this? When you legitimize this sort of thing, It's the only thing you're ever going to get going forward, and is, quite literally, the end of the peaceful political process.

What the Democrats are doing is disgusting, and must be outright rejected for the health of our country.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1