Trump Congratulates Corey Stewart

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Gugny, of course we shouldn't have white supremacists (or any other brand of bigot) representing us in government. 

But, as Tom says, that's not necessarily the way representative democracy works. 

That's why it's so important to make strong and convincing arguments against bad ideas when they pop up, such that the Richard Spencers of the world don't find themselves seated in the Senate.

It's also incredibly important, along those same lines, not to allow people like Thurmal34 to impose their view of what is bigoted on the general public, because he is incredibly and dangerously wrong on the issue.

To be clear, my question had nothing to do with don trump congratulating this guy - just wanted to get that out there.

I was compelled to ask the question simply to see the responses; and I made it a simple yes/no question purposely.  I realize that anyone can get votes, regardless of past history/personal beliefs, etc.

I'm not about anyone imposing their views on others.  But Americans are lazy and weak (very generally speaking).  They get their news on Facebook and form their beliefs based on memes.  It's depressing to me.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not about anyone imposing their views on others.  But Americans are lazy and weak (very generally speaking).  They get their news on Facebook and form their beliefs based on memes.  It's depressing to me.

There's much hope ahead. 

More and more Americans are waking up every day and realizing the media is a controlled messaging platform for the establishment, meant to keep us dumb, divided, and confused. The anger and vitriol you're seeing splashed across the front pages and cable news screens is nothing but that control system's death knells. 

Good times ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

To be clear, my question had nothing to do with don trump congratulating this guy - just wanted to get that out there.

I was compelled to ask the question simply to see the responses; and I made it a simple yes/no question purposely.  I realize that anyone can get votes, regardless of past history/personal beliefs, etc.

Which is fair, Gug.

But please take heart.  As Greg says just above, there are good times ahead.

There is a storm to be weathered first, for sure, as the system of control dies; but the good people are winning.

People all want the same things.  We love, hurt, cry, and bleed.

We all want security and comfort for ourselves, our families and friends, and our progeny.

Remember that you love your neighbor, and that political differences do not make us enemies.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Here's a simple yes or no question:  Do you think white supremacists have any place in our government, let alone our society?  Yes or no?

no. i realize the old white dude is prime real estate for the picking these days but what about black supremacists, do they have any place in our government? i'll save you the trouble, the question was rhetorical. sadly we have both and will for the forseeable future.

don't buy into the media generated spin machine.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would never be in favor of suppressing votes.  Hell ... 650,000 Alabamans voted for a pedophile.  We just need to work on improving our societies (the fact that you're the only one who actually said, "no," underscores this); not remove anyone's right to vote.

You do realize that a hell of a lot of people in this country would answer "yes," and support the suppression of white supremacist voters?

Semi-rhetorical question, as I'm pretty sure you do.  But that attitude of "Democracy is when everyone agrees with me!" is probably the single biggest problem in the country.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You do realize that a hell of a lot of people in this country would answer "yes," and support the suppression of white supremacist voters?

My God! No way! Just like those same people voted to keep blacks from having any rights at all.

It's really sad how you turn the poor white supremacist into the victims here. Boo hoo, hope a falling statue doesn't hit them in the head. 

Virginia is a pretty blue state now. The voters have spoken, pull those traitors statues down! 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My God! No way! Just like those same people voted to keep blacks from having any rights at all.

It's really sad how you turn the poor white supremacist into the victims here. Boo hoo, hope a falling statue doesn't hit them in the head. 

Virginia is a pretty blue state now. The voters have spoken, pull those traitors statues down! 

Case in point...

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would never be in favor of suppressing votes.  Hell ... 650,000 Alabamans voted for a pedophile.  We just need to work on improving our societies (the fact that you're the only one who actually said, "no," underscores this); not remove anyone's right to vote.

In fairness, you directed the question to Tom, not the board in general.

5 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

You have to hold yourself to the standards that you hold everyone else.

Don't hurt yourself.

Get a grip.

Thurmal34!?! 

Are you okay? Don't beat yourself off over this!

It's okay, I know it's thrown you for a loop, but I'm not going to carry around the fact that you are a racist, for 20 years....just until the end of this thread.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

In fairness, you directed the question to Tom, not the board in general.

It wasn't meant to be directly to Tom, but I can see that.  Take your fairness and stick it, smoke boy!

• Haha (+1) 2

There's nothing he's ever said that makes me scream racist.  There are definitely dog whistles though as I'm sure Kaine will continuously exploit.  Stewart just seems to just emulate Trump with the birther conspiracy nonsense and the outsider/shake up the system type rhetoric.  It makes sense then that Trump endorsed him while the National GOP Senatorial committee didn't.   He's it's a gift for Tim Kaine the same way Roy Moore was a gift to Doug Jones.  I'm happy about it, but Kaine better not go full Hillary and only talk about Stewart's faults.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There's nothing he's ever said that makes me scream racist.  There are definitely dog whistles though as I'm sure Kaine will continuously exploit.  Stewart just seems to just emulate Trump with the birther conspiracy nonsense and the outsider/shake up the system type rhetoric.  It makes sense then that Trump endorsed him while the National GOP Senatorial committee didn't.   He's it's a gift for Tim Kaine the same way Roy Moore was a gift to Doug Jones.  I'm happy about it, but Kaine better not go full Hillary and only talk about Stewart's faults.

Hearing Kaine interviewed often on the radio, I get the feeling that, while he's not likely to go full Hillary under normal conditions, get a couple martinis in him and all bets are off.

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

And Robert Byrd's name adorns countless buildings, roads, bridges, a freaking satellite...in the state of West Virginia.

A devout recruiter for the KKK. A man who admitted he would rather see the country fall into the hands of an enemy before he would fight next to a black man.

Let us know when you're really serious about improving our societies, especially because you disagree with the voice of the locals.

Remove Byrd's despicable, racist name from everything in West Virginia. Then we'll start to talk.

24 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And Robert Byrd's name adorns countless buildings, roads, bridges, a freaking satellite...in the state of West Virginia.

A devout recruiter for the KKK. A man who admitted he would rather see the country fall into the hands of an enemy before he would fight next to a black man.

Let us know when you're really serious about improving our societies, especially because you disagree with the voice of the locals.

Remove Byrd's despicable, racist name from everything in West Virginia. Then we'll start to talk.

Let me know when you want to interpret my comments the way I meant them - and not twist them into some argument that never should have existed - and then we'll start to talk.  Don't be such an ignorant douchebag.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Let me know when you want to interpret my comments the way I meant them - and not twist them into some argument that never should have existed - and then we'll start to talk.  Don't be such an ignorant douchebag.

Hey. I resent that. I'm not an ignorant douchebag.

Tim Graham is an ignorant douchebag.

I'm just an aszzxhole.

Don't fall for the white supremacist crap. If YOU really believe there is no place for them in our society, start with West Virginia. But no one does, do they? Why?

Because they don't care about the white supremacist crap.  They care about riling people up.

You're smarter than that.

8 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Hey. I resent that. I'm not an ignorant douchebag.

Tim Graham is an ignorant douchebag.

I'm just an aszzxhole.

Don't fall for the white supremacist crap. If YOU really believe there is no place for them in our society, start with West Virginia. But no one does, do they? Why?

Because they don't care about the white supremacist crap.  They care about riling people up.

You're smarter than that.

You're right about TG.  I don't really know if you're an aszzxhole, or not, but I'll start a poll later on OTW.  :lol:

I do care about the white supremacist crap and I know it will always be part of our society.  That can't be controlled as racism, bigotry and hatred continue to be passed down from generation to generation.  I see it where I live; scumbag racists from when I was in high school now have scumbag racist children going to the same school with my son.

And yes ... before someone chimes in with the classic, "what about reverse racism, huh??" argument - I know ... there are hateful people of color, too.

I do, however, think that there are far more good people than bad.  As much as I'd love to see this hatred gone from society, I know that will never happen.  But we do have the power to keep it out of our governments.  That is something I'd like to see and something that I think IS possible.

• Like (+1) 1