Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If you want to get down to it there were two TD passes for the Bills in that game which do you think was most impressive?

"There are no style points in football, only points that count are the ones that win games".   ---Burplebull

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the thing you both missed was it wasn't about whether he recognized it but how much credit do you really give him for that.

You can only give him credit/ding him for the opportunities he's had, and then you want to constantly change the parameters of what constitutes a valid opportunity. He threw back to back touchdown bombs week 1.

Oh, 1 didn't count because of a penalty. The other doesn't count because reasons. The O'Leary TD doesnt count because he was open. The KB snow bowl TD bomb doesn't count because red grapes are better than green grapes.

85% completion because defenses don't try against NP, easy passes, and it's preseason, but JA's 56% is coming against a stacked Cleveland second unit that game planned against him for months and hacked into the playbook server to try to shut him down, and failed miserably .

BUTWHATABOUTTHEDEEPOUT!?!?!?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

You can only give him credit/ding him for the opportunities he's had, and then you want to constantly change the parameters of what constitutes a valid opportunity. He threw back to back touchdown bombs week 1.

Oh, 1 didn't count because of a penalty. The other doesn't count because reasons. The O'Leary TD doesnt count because he was open. The KB snow bowl TD bomb doesn't count because red grapes are better than green grapes.

85% completion because defenses don't try against NP, easy passes, and it's preseason, but JA's 56% is coming against a stacked Cleveland second unit that game planned against him for months and hacked into the playbook server to try to shut him down, and failed miserably .

Do you think Mark Kelso knows anything about football and is a decent or good analyst?

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Do you think Mark Kelso knows anything about football and is a decent or good analyst?

I think he's better than Steve Tasker and that's about it. He does a decent job of explaining coverages to common people and outside of that I hear about 5 minutes of pre game from him a week. Sounds like a standard local former athlete to me.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Dude.  What criteria do you use to determine when to respond as BurpleBull and when to respond as BullBuchanan?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think he's better than Steve Tasker and that's about it. He does a decent job of explaining coverages to common people and outside of that I hear about 5 minutes of pre game from him a week. Sounds like a standard local former athlete to me.

Fair enough. I think he's pretty decent when he gets into real specifics. Better than most in a tough job but not great. Bahgdad Bob would be better than Tasker.

7 hours ago, SoTier said:

Maybe Beane should ask AJ McCarron  if "the status of the OL" will influence who will start at QB for the Bills.  

i watched replay of game and Bernie Kosar said several times that AJ had no  chance to do anything with that rush he was getting. 

Maybe it was the injury play, there were 2 OLmen that didn't know who to block and both blocked no one.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

AS of right now Peterman with his insane 85% completion rate is winning the battle in my eyes.

The preseason completion percentage leaders are Jameis Winston, Cody Kessler, Colt McCoy, Sam Darnold, Jake Rudock, Ryan Griffin, Chad Kelly, Joshua Dobbs, Cooper Rush, and Jeff Driskel.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Allen made more than Peterman.... and? 

This is wrong. And without counting the number of individual mistakes they each had, one of Peterman's was effectively a pick six and one effectively prevented a TD on a blown coverage. I say effectively because he played against future insurance salesmen.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The preseason completion percentage leaders are Jameis Winston, Cody Kessler, Colt McCoy, Sam Darnold, Jake Rudock, Ryan Griffin, Chad Kelly, Joshua Dobbs, Cooper Rush, and Jeff Driskel.

This is wrong. And without counting the number of individual mistakes they each had, one of Peterman's was effectively a pick six and one effectively prevented a TD on a blown coverage. I say effectively because he played against future insurance salesmen.

Allen played against salesmen from a different city and performed worse. It's a bad argument.

Since you brought this up, It also shouldn't be discounted that Allen's wonderful performance came against an 0-16 team's second string. You could make a very reasonable argument that Carolina's 3rd string has stronger talent.

Edited by BullBuchanan

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Allen played against salesmen from a different city and performed worse. It's a bad argument.

Since you brought this up, It also shouldn't be discounted that Allen's wonderful performance came against an 0-16 team's second string. You could make a very reasonable argument that Baltimore's 3rd string has stronger talent.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Help me help you.

Never mind I thought you were talking about Cleveland for both the 2nd and 3rd team there.

Though that logic doesn't exactly imply Peterman will do better since it would apply even more so to Cleveland's 3rd team.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Never mind I thought you were talking about Cleveland for both the 2nd and 3rd team there.

Though that logic doesn't exactly imply Peterman will do better since it would apply even more so to Cleveland's 3rd team.

Realized I said Baltimore, meant Carolina.

Peterman had two strong bodies of work. Once against the first string of a playoff team and once against the 3rd string of an 0-16 team. Allen flashed talent week 1 against Carolina's 3rd string, but ultimately didn't have the kind of day you'd like your starting QB to have. He then played very well against the 0-16 backups. 

I didn't bring up strength of competition, but since happy did, that's the result

Edited by BullBuchanan

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Since you brought this up, It also shouldn't be discounted that Allen's wonderful performance came against an 0-16 team's second string. You could make a very reasonable argument that Baltimore's 3rd string has stronger talent.

Not really you can't. Not if you just watch the two games or have even a quick look at their depth charts.

But I guess for someone who's making the case for Peterman, arguing that a team's preseason 3rd string is better than another team's backups might not seem like a waste of time.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Peterman had two strong bodies of work. Once against the first string of a playoff team and once against the 3rd string of an 0-16 team. Allen flashed talent week 1 against Carolina's 3rd string, but ultimately didn't have the kind of day you'd like your starting QB to have. He then played very well against the 0-16 backups. 

I didn't bring up strength of competition, but since happy did, that's the result

That still doesn't really work. You say the Brown's 2nd team is worse than Carolina's 3rd team but Allen did better against the Brown's. While Peterman did worse against their 3rd team than he did against Carolina's 1s

Edited by Warcodered

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Peterman had two strong bodies of work. Once against the first string of a playoff team and once against the 3rd string of an 0-16 team. Allen flashed talent week 1, but intimately didn't have the kind of day you'd like your starting QB to have. He then played very well against the 0-16 backups. 

Not sure what the Browns record LAST YEAR has to do with the depth and talent that they have now? How well did: Baker, Tyrod, Landry, Gordon, Hyde, Chubb, Ward, Corbett, Gaines, Calloway, Hubbard, Mitchell, Carrie, Fells, Randall and Janis do for the Browns last year? What sort of contributions did those guys make for them? If the answer is, “they didn’t play there”  last year is irrelevant. This Browns roster looks NOTHING like last years. They could be adding 10 new starters!! That certainly helps the depth.