Most Fun Teams of All Time(Bills get snubbed?)

So i was just watching a show called Top 10 that I recorded on my DVR recently(apparently the show originally aired back in 2013 though for what its worth) and the topic was Most Fun Teams of All Time.  The criteria they used was interesting to me since they said it couldn't be a team that actually won a Super Bowl(is there any team out there that was more fun than the 85 Bears!?) But here i am thinking well than one of the Buffalo Bills teams of the 90's will be on here for sure and they even teased a commercial break with Christie kicking the game winning field goal in the Comeback game at one point.  But the whole list goes on and not only was there no mention of the Bills teams back then, they didn't even get put in the best of the rest category aka honorable mentions.  They had the 91 Atlanta Falcons with Jerry Glanville as their number 1 pick.  I can see that team being in the top 10 but not number 1.  The 90's Bills teams were absolutely one of the most fun runs you will ever see in professional sports history regardless of them not winning a title.  

Anyway who do you guys have as your most fun teams of all time?

Fun for you, maybe, but why would the 90's Bills be considered fun for anyone not a Bills fan? I'm pretty sure it annoyed everyone else when the Bills kept getting into the Superbowl just to keep losing.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Fun for you, maybe, but why would the 90's Bills be considered fun for anyone not a Bills fan? I'm pretty sure it annoyed everyone else when the Bills kept getting into the Superbowl just to keep losing.

The K-Gun offense that was ahead of it's time, Hall of Fame players all over the field, Craziest fans/loudest stadium to play in during that era, players with charisma off the charts, the epic snow games against Dan Marino.  The boys getting together at Jimbo's house after every big win to party it up all night, "Nobody Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills", Greatest Comeback in NFL history, Van Miller on the play by play. Jesus dude did you even watch the Bills back then?

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

The K-Gun offense that was ahead of it's time, Hall of Fame players all over the field, Craziest fans/loudest stadium to play in during that era, players with charisma off the charts, the epic snow games against Dan Marino.  The boys getting together at Jimbo's house after every big win to party it up all night, "Nobody Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills", Greatest Comeback in NFL history, Van Miller on the play by play. Jesus dude did you even watch the Bills back then?

Yeah, you're a biased Bills fan. Of course you look at it that way. But practically every team in the NFL has fans with memories like that. They almost all have "glory years".

Besides, a top 10 list like this is based solely on opinion.

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, you're a biased Bills fan. Of course you look at it that way. But practically every team in the NFL has fans with memories like that. They almost all have "glory years".

Besides, a top 10 list like this is based solely on opinion.

As a fan, we're always gonna be biased of our team.  I don't know a single fan who isn't biased of their team.  That's what makes these debates so great.  We get to put our team on a pedestal because it's our team.  You must have not been around in the early 90s.  People who weren't even Bills fans liked watching them during those years.  But like I said, you were either too young to remember or you weren't born yet.

Lastly, if this list is based solely on opinion, why are you hating on others opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

OP: you need to clarify if this list is for teams which had the most fun ('91 Falcons with the Dirty Bird comes to mind or the '88 Bengals with the Icky Shuffle); or the teams which were most fun for fans to watch.

24 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

You must have not been around in the early 90s.  People who weren't even Bills fans liked watching them during those years.  But like I said, you were either too young to remember or you weren't born yet.

Yep, the Bills were popular nationally throughout the entire 90's. I remember being in shock in the mid to late 90's when I saw lots of fans in Massachusetts and California with Bills merchandise on. Because in the 80's, no one outside of Bills country admitted they were Bills fans.

Edited by mileena
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mileena said:

OP: you need to clarify if this list is for teams which had the most fun ('91 Falcons with the Dirty Bird comes to mind or the '88 Bengals with the Icky Shuffle); or the teams which were most fun for fans to watch.

Yep, the Bills were popular nationally throughout the entire 90's. I remember being in shock in the mid to late 90's when I saw lots of fans in Massachusetts and California with Bills merchandise on. Because in the 80's, no one outside the Buffalo area admitted they were Bills fans.

Very true.  I've been to many duty stations around the globe and each office I've had, I always put together my Bills shrine.  And when many people stop by, they constantly tell me "man I used to be a Bills fan."  The 90s Bills were a team that a lot of people liked to watch.  Thanks for the assist Mileena!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mileena said:

Yep, the Bills were popular nationally throughout the entire 90's. I remember being in shock in the mid to late 90's when I saw lots of fans in Massachusetts and California with Bills merchandise on. Because in the 80's, no one outside of Bills country admitted they were Bills fans.

The show didn't really clarify that but in all honesty and without trying to sound like a Bills homer I think the 90's Bills would qualify for both.  Those guys had alot of fun playing but were also involved in some amazing games to watch back then.  I remember a professor at college I had was from the NYC area and a huge Giants fan and once told me that even though he hated the Bills he had to admit that the Jim Kelly Bills teams were the most exciting team ever.  

• Like (+1) 1

The early 90s Bills were indeed fun.  The No Punt game against the 49ers was one of the 'funnest' games I've ever watched.  But by the time we lost our fourth consecutive SB, football fans were sick of the Bills.  That may retroactively tarnish the fun of the early Kelly/Thomas/Smith/Reed/Levy years.

Another fun team was the 1980 Kardiac Kids.

Edited by hondo in seattle

41 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The early 90s Bills were indeed fun.  The No Punt game against the 49ers was one of the 'funnest' games I've ever watched.  But by the time we lost our fourth consecutive SB, football fans were sick of the Bills.  That may retroactively tarnish the fun of the early Kelly/Thomas/Smith/Reed/Levy years.

Another fun team was the 1980 Kardiac Kids.

They came in at #5 on the list FWIW

On 6/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, KD in CA said:

I wish someone would do a Top 10 list of the most ridiculous things that upset Bills fans.

Let me get it started, in no particular order

Home run throwback forward latteral

Drafting C J Spiller at 10 with Lynch and Jackson already on the roster

Trading up for (insert name - Mcargo, Losman, Watkins, hopefully Allen doesn't get added to the list)

Trading up and taking T J Graham in the third when everyone, including the Seahawks, thought for sure Bills would take Russell Wilson. Guess this could go in the above item but thought it was worth its own line. 

Just give it to him (one ref to another for a first down against the Pats that cost us a home playoff game against the Dolphins. Clearly out of bounds, no replay at the time)

Not going for it on fourth and four against the Saints, only to go for it on fourth and 20 next possession. 

While we're on the subject of Jauron, "It's a tough league to get a win in"

15 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Let me get it started, in no particular order

Home run throwback forward latteral

Drafting C J Spiller at 10 with Lynch and Jackson already on the roster

Trading up for (insert name - Mcargo, Losman, Watkins, hopefully Allen doesn't get added to the list)

Trading up and taking T J Graham in the third when everyone, including the Seahawks, thought for sure Bills would take Russell Wilson. Guess this could go in the above item but thought it was worth its own line. 

Just give it to him (one ref to another for a first down against the Pats that cost us a home playoff game against the Dolphins. Clearly out of bounds, no replay at the time)

Not going for it on fourth and four against the Saints, only to go for it on fourth and 20 next possession. 

While we're on the subject of Jauron, "It's a tough league to get a win in"

See, most of those are legitimate reasons to be upset, at least from a fan perspective.

I was thinking more of the annual ‘national media picked us to go 4-12 again without even mentioning some second rate FA signing!’ or ‘someone made fun of Buffalo’s weather but they don’t understand it’s usually very nice here!’ , or the always popular ‘no one pays attention to the ONLY TEAM in NYS!!’

On 6/10/2018 at 8:00 PM, BillsPride12 said:

So i was just watching a show called Top 10 that I recorded on my DVR recently(apparently the show originally aired back in 2013 though for what its worth) and the topic was Most Fun Teams of All Time.  The criteria they used was interesting to me since they said it couldn't be a team that actually won a Super Bowl(is there any team out there that was more fun than the 85 Bears!?) But here i am thinking well than one of the Buffalo Bills teams of the 90's will be on here for sure and they even teased a commercial break with Christie kicking the game winning field goal in the Comeback game at one point.  But the whole list goes on and not only was there no mention of the Bills teams back then, they didn't even get put in the best of the rest category aka honorable mentions.  They had the 91 Atlanta Falcons with Jerry Glanville as their number 1 pick.  I can see that team being in the top 10 but not number 1.  The 90's Bills teams were absolutely one of the most fun runs you will ever see in professional sports history regardless of them not winning a title.  

Anyway who do you guys have as your most fun teams of all time?

top 10 lists are typically picked so randomly that they are worthless, I will rad this thread, because I expect the list generated here to be more valuable!