[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

The Sabres are fun to watch?! What the heck is happening.... lol.

Seriously, They look great so far today. They have to finish it, though. Don’t sit back on your heels in the 3rd. 

I feel like this team is actually making some real progress. They look like they are learning how to play like a real NHL team in all 3 zones. 

They are closing their gaps quickly in the d zone, doing a good job clogging the shooting lanes and taking away LV’s time and space. 

They are learning how to attack with speed and not constantly hesitating at the blue line.

They are cycling the puck in the o zone and creating scoring chances.

Guys are actually going to the areas of the ice where you score goals. 

Passing looks better.

They are playing a north/south game. 

Overall, they just look like a good, competent NHL team. I love it! Please keep it up... 

I guess you can stop with the fire Housley talk for now.

Plus, you guys get to play games on a regular basis. The Devils aren't playing again til 2019.

Basically every freaking team in the NHL will have at least 4 games under their belts til the Devils play their next one, which seems like it will be the new year.

Hutton is the the safety valve player so far in this very early season. 

As it was repeatedly said by Biron that this team battles on the boards. The Sabres are playing a tight game in which the players quickly close out when the other team gets the puck (someone else smartly made this point). 

What is a noticeable difference from this year's team compared to previous years is that this is a faster team. 

The hockey fans really deserve some early success and some hope for the season. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2018-19 - Game 4 vs. COL at 7 PM ET on 10/11

3rd period could have been better but overall great game. 

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt in the 3rd. They are still learning to play with the lead, and they looked gassed from battling their ass off the first 2 periods. 

Their battle/compete level was VERY impressive those first 2 periods. I think that might be the most determined to win puck battles that I have ever seen this Sabres team. 

I feel like Housley might be getting through to these guys because tonight you finally saw them play the way Housley wanted them to. All his post game criticisms from the past were all areas of improvement tonight. That is great to see. The willingness to be coached has been a HUGE issue for this Sabres team in the past. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Happy for the win. They played a great game. Wish more people in Buffalo would be more passionate about the hockey team like they are the football team. 

5+ of losing hockey post a decade of mediocre hockey will do that. Hopefully we can get back to the Briere/Drury days of fan level.

7 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

5+ of losing hockey post a decade of mediocre hockey will do that. Hopefully we can get back to the Briere/Drury days of fan level.

The Bills have been losing just as long minus last season and look bad again this year but fans still come out and fill the stands.