[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

Housley from the beginning never impressed me as a coach. As a player he was good but like said here, he won't last with this amount of talent on the team and the shoddy way he's coaching them,,, and this goes on down the line to All of the coaches.

Well... not the start I was hoping for. I thought they looked good at times to start the period. But after that 1st goal form Boston it put the Sabres back on their heels. 

I knew Boston would come out with a big push after last night, though.

Lets see how Buffalo responds in the 2nd and 3rd here.

Hopefully now everyone should have their feet under them. Some of those opening night jitters should be passing. The young guys should hopefully be settling in, too. 

And Buffalo should have the advantage as the game goes on. Boston is playing back to back in the 2nd game of the season. I expect them to show some fatigue. 

Hey, On a positive note, Eichel looked good in the face off circle. He was actually using his body and his power instead of just trying to finesse it like the past few seasons. 

The Sabres need to settle down here and simplify?

Guys look jittery out there. Too many bobbled pucks and passes. Guys tripping over their own skates. 

Too many cute/fancy plays, too. Everyone trying the fancy play instead of the simple one. 

Sometimes you just need to do what our 4th line is doing - dump and chase, cycle down low and along the boards and create some scoring chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

The Sabres need to settle down here and simplify?

Guys look jittery out there. Too many bobbled pucks and passes. Guys tripping over their own skates. 

Too many cute/fancy plays, too. Everyone trying the fancy play instead of the simple one. 

Sometimes you just need to do what our 4th line is doing - dump and chase, cycle down low and along the boards and create some scoring chances. 

i could not disagree more. They need a new coach who says.."fug my system..go play" 

Just bet my nephew $100 in beer ( so really $50) Housley not coaching by the time team come home from west coast swing.

It will be too late to salvage the season, but at least won't be him coaching.

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i could not disagree more. They need a new coach who says.."fug my system..go play" 

Just bet my nephew $100 in beer ( so really $50) Housley not coaching by the time team come home from west coast swing.

It will be too late to salvage the season, but at least won't be him coaching.

I don’t know... those first 2 periods I didn’t really see them playing much of a system out there. More than anything I see guys scrambling around out of position, just chasing pucks. 

I saw too many “just playing” and doing their own thing, completely disregarding the system. That’s been an issue for Buffalo for years. 

If they would actually stick to the system and cover who they’re supposed to be covering, it could have prevented a couple goals tonight. 

These last 5 minutes they’ve been doing what I just mentioned - keeping it simple and cycling the puck and this is about the best they’ve looked all game. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t know... those first 2 periods I didn’t really see them playing much of a system out there. More than anything I see guys scrambling around out of position, just chasing pucks. 

I saw too many “just playing” and doing their own thing, completely disregarding the system. That’s been an issue for Buffalo for years. 

If they would actually stick to the system and cover who they’re supposed to be covering, it could have prevented a couple goals tonight. 

These last 5 minutes they’ve been doing what I just mentioned - keeping it simple and cycling the puck and this is the best they’ve looked all game. 

I think we saying the same thing...but in different ways. I think Housely has them thinking so freaking much, they blow assignments and systems break down. I am done with him..another season down the shitter

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think we saying the same thing...but in different ways. I think Housely has them thinking so freaking much, they blow assignments and systems break down. I am done with him..another season down the shitter

2 periods in and the season's already over?  Get a grip.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

who wants to bet we hear.." we started playing our game in the 3rd"

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

yes it is if Housley stays on. 4 points out in October = season over. Tell me why you think this team will not be 4 pts out with a 5 game western swing coming up

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Wow. Talk about your all time overreaction. 

17 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

who wants to bet we hear.." we started playing our game in the 3rd"

yes it is if Housley stays on. 4 points out in October = season over. Tell me why you think this team will not be 4 pts out with a 5 game western swing coming up

Well, we will know by Halloween as the historical data surrounding that date and where you are in the standings strongly correlates as to whether you make the playoffs or not. 

Housley has to go, I agree. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO COME OUT FLAT for your opener, AT HOME, in front of fans HUNGRY for some sign of life and improvement. That's on him, imo. 

Perhaps he should cancel tomorrow's practice seeing as how well that worked already this week. Me, I'd bag skate this sorry group of losers. 

?  Better days ahead ladies and gentlemen...better days ahead!

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Of course...its a statistically significant sample size (now three periods, that's a whole friggin game you know)...  I think we bring in Tre White.  He was unscored upon in HS.

Edited by JoeF

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

They could all take a dump at center ice and look better than how they are playing.

Why not just say “I know nothing about hockey?”  Maybe you’re just pretending the last 3 seasons didn’t happen?

The effort was fine, but they looked like a bunch a guys who haven’t played much together because...get this...THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED MUCH TOGETHER.

Boston is a very good team who got wrecked last night and came out as a pissed off veteran team should have.  Once again, the schedule makers screw the Sabres.

Everyone needs to understand this isn’t a sprint and it’s going to take some time for all these new players and combos to gel..  If you didn’t see improvement over the last 3 seasons, that’s your problem.

• Like (+1) 1