[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, we shall see. They played a good game last night..then again the Sabres played a good game opening night last year too!!!!

I think they will be tougher to play than many people expected..me included. Again, one game.

BTW, they going all "culture" too..sat Plekanec and Alzner last night

You are comparing the Leafs and Sabres?

seriously... 

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

I gotta kick out of Shanahan’s comments about how the young players will need to settle for less money if they want to win a cup in Toronto like Red Wing players did back when he won cups with them. Never mind that there were no salary cap  restrictions back then. It will be interesting to see how that plays out but I think that’s a tough sell to a star like Matthews who will command upwards of  McDavid money. Not to mention Marner. And Nylander is already not toeing the company line on that score. 

Lot of pressure on the Leafs to win it all this year. It helps having the best coach in the game to help with that.

I wonder if Shanahan ever took a little less money for the good of a team.  It's always easy to say it when it's someone else's money and not your own.  Based on the way that Red Wing team used to write checks back in those pre-cap days, I'm guessing there weren't many pay cuts to be had.

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

I wonder if Shanahan ever took a little less money for the good of a team.  It's always easy to say it when it's someone else's money and not your own.  Based on the way that Red Wing team used to write checks back in those pre-cap days, I'm guessing there weren't many pay cuts to be had.

Leafs Derangement Syndrome is in the air

love it

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is NHL Center Ice giving a free preview?  And if not, is the game being shown in the Rochester area?

It is on DirecTV.  Don't know about cable

• Thank you (+1) 1

Donfl2rX0AAxP8F.jpg

LAST GAME
N/A

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 0)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 0 games
Johan Larsson (lower body, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 0 games
Sean Malone (knee, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 0 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
9/29: Assigned D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester (AHL)
9/30: Assigned F Justin Bailey and F Nicholas Baptiste to Rochester (AHL)
10/1: Acquired D Jack Dougherty from Nashville in exchange for F Nicholas Baptiste; Assigned D Jack Dougherty, F Alexander Nylander, D Brendan Guhle and D Brandon Hickey to Rochester (AHL)
10/2: Claimed F Remi Elie off waivers from Dallas; Placed F Johan Larsson, F Sean Malone, F Scott Wilson and D Matt Hunwick on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Oct. 6: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 8: Vegas at Buffalo, 3 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 11: Colorado at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 13: Buffalo at Arizona, 9 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 16: Buffalo at Vegas, 10 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
BRUINS at SABRES
  • This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Boston 4-1 in Buffalo on Feb. 25
  • Next meeting: Sunday, Dec. 16 in Boston
  • The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 3-5-2 at home.
  • This is the 290th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 124-121-44 series record.
  • The Sabres are 74-49-23 at home against the Bruins all-time.

32 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Leafs Derangement Syndrome is in the air

love it

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Leafs.  I get a kick out of it any time a retired player suggests a current player take a little less money.  It happens all the time and it's always ridiculous.  As I said, it's always a hell of a lot easier to say it when it's someone else's money and not your won.  This one gets a few extra points since it also happens to be coming from a front office guy of the same team as the suggested pay cut.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Leafs.  I get a kick out of it any time a retired player suggests a current player take a little less money.  It happens all the time and it's always ridiculous.  As I said, it's always a hell of a lot easier to say it when it's someone else's money and not your won.  This one gets a few extra points since it also happens to be coming from a front office guy of the same team as the suggested pay cut.

Yeah right, I’m sure people around here would go just as silly over a comment made by the Dallas or Tampa franchise.....    :D

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

No, you have a dirty player! Hell @Dante always in here yapping bout his Sharks and @njbuffis here all the time as the one devils fan west of the City. So of course join the party. Just don’t make fun of the Sabres... it’s too easy !

Wilson?  20 games.   Yup the Caps really needed him last night.

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Marchand  #63 ,  5'9  and 181 can sure be a major pain. I look forward to seeing any player clean his clock.

Him ^^ ?    the dirtbag 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yeah right, I’m sure people around here would go just as silly over a comment made by the Dallas or Tampa franchise.....    :D

I've said it several times in the past.  It's usually about football though, but it happens for just about everything.  People are more than happy to tell other people how to spend their money.

But anyway, if we want to be more specific, let's just say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out exactly who Shanahan is talking to with a comment like that one.  I haven't actually seen the comment itself, but I trust K9 enough that he's not just making something up.  That whole Nylander thing actually scares me a bit, seeing as how his brother is a Sabre.  If he ever gets his career going, does he wind up trying the same thing?

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

I've said it several times in the past.  It's usually about football though, but it happens for just about everything.  People are more than happy to tell other people how to spend their money.

But anyway, if we want to be more specific, let's just say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out exactly who Shanahan is talking to with a comment like that one.  I haven't actually seen the comment itself, but I trust K9 enough that he's not just making something up.  That whole Nylander thing actually scares me a bit, seeing as how his brother is a Sabre.  If he ever gets his career going, does he wind up trying the same thing?

This is first year of his ELC...so we got 3 years to find out on Nylander!!!! 

@ShadyBillsFan Wilson/Marchand the two dirtiest/scummiest players in the game..and they both are great players outside of that garbage. As I asked up top..did anyone on the Caps respond?  

Hockey is so dumb with their "code"..just like baseball. I did not see the game, but the highlights looked almost like the Caps said " he broke the code, he gotta pay" ..stupid!!!

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

This is first year of his ELC...so we got 3 years to find out on Nylander!!!! 

@ShadyBillsFan Wilson/Marchand the two dirtiest/scummiest players in the game..and they both are great players outside of that garbage. As I asked up top..did anyone on the Caps respond?  

Hockey is so dumb with their "code"..just like baseball. I did not see the game, but the highlights looked almost like the Caps said " he broke the code, he gotta pay" ..stupid!!!

they may have.  other than we'll miss his play on the ice .....    I just didn't pay much attention  

He's a hard hitter / fighter.  You could say dirty, but I think there are far worse.  

Marchand  supposedly went after him because he celebrated too long after his goal by "their" bench.