Shaw66 update

Talked to Shaw66-you guys were right-it wasn’t him! So now I don’t care what you call him! LOL ? 

WOW I sure stirred up a hornets nest for my first day-could’ve sworn I saw a few posts that confirmed it-oh well, I’ll try to tread a little lighter from now on. Gonna be fun

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

Talked to Shaw66-you guys were right-it wasn’t him! So now I don’t care what you call him! LOL ? 

WOW I sure stirred up a hornets nest for my first day-could’ve sworn I saw a few posts that confirmed it-oh well, I’ll try to tread a little lighter from now on. Gonna be fun

GO BILLS!

It's all good.

It's all good fun.

Welcome aboard.  For the record, I have seen Billy Shaw play in the Rockpile myself.

Glad you took it with a laugh.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's all good.

It's all good fun.

Welcome aboard.  For the record, I have seen Billy Shaw play in the Rockpile myself.

Glad you took it with a laugh.

I did also. Although he wasn't with the team yet, I made it to the rockpile as a kid for a game their first year (1960), and have been a fan since. Got onto the field after they won the '64 AFL championship. 

6 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I did also. Although he wasn't with the team yet, I made it to the rockpile as a kid for a game their first year (1960), and have been a fan since. Got onto the field after they won the '64 AFL championship. 

My first game wasn't until 1968.

I did go to the airport with the family to meet them in '64 after the Boston Patriots win.

That was nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

But I got me some Golden Wheels!!!

He lives in Westerville, (north side of Cbus) which is where I work. About 5 years ago my father in law was in a local store wearing a Bills hat and Golden Wheels chatted him up about it. FIL said he was a great guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

That must’ve been great! I still have an old      

Super Duper (grocery store) original championship team photo from 1965 with him in it- brings back a lotta good memories!

• Like (+1) 1

Another great rockpile memory.  1969 home opener was with the jets, they had won super bowl III the previous january.  In those days the AFL-NFL rivalry was huge, and as the jets were introduced, they got a standing  ovation from the Buffalo crowd for being the first AFL team to win the super bowl.  The Bills then went on to lose the game of course.  Try to imagine a Bills home crowd giving any visiting team a standing O now, and you'll realize how big the AFL-NFL thing was in those years

• Like (+1) 2

This is like when I looked at the assessment roll and one house near mine was owned by someone who had the same name as a former NBA player.  I drove by his house one day & instead of seeing a 6'8" black guy in the yard, there was a little old white guy. Before seeing the owner, I thought at least it could be the ex-player's son & I could eventually meet the player, but that was never going to happen.  

10 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Nice to see another "old -timer" first game 1960 , as an 8 yr old here.. denver broncos  vertically striped socks. 

Nice to see another 'senior' member posting memories from well over 50 years ago.  Now all I have to do is figure out where I left my car keys.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

GO BILLS!

Made even worse by your dubious 1st post,  is the fact there are a number of former and current Bills players & team personnel here who wish to remain anonymous. 

Now stand and sing your alma-mater fight song, while we shave your head, Rookie. 

#RespectTheProcess

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

My first game wasn't until 1968I did go to the airport with the family to meet them in '64 after the Boston Patriots win.

That was nuts.

Jets game? 37-35 Win? Our ONLY win of the season and against the eventual SBIII Champs.

3 Pick 6’s.

8 hours ago, 60’s Bills Fan said:

GO BILLS!

“Mr. 60’s Bills Fan” we will show you the respect that you deserve.