California (again)

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes you guys bag on California a lot and we deserve it because there are some ***** up politicians and some real Uber far left weirdos. But heading to Napa for a three day company getaway and this is why we put up with the crazies.  

Wino convention from Skid Row at an auto parts store?

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes you guys bag on California a lot and we deserve it because there are some ***** up politicians and some real Uber far left weirdos. But heading to Napa for a three day company getaway and this is why we put up with the crazies.  

Napa is where all the gays go? 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:04 AM, Chef Jim said:

Imagine how great it would be if you didn't have to live in CA and put with the crazies and still be able to have a 3-day company getaway in Napa.

James Lileks on California’s Smoothie Consistency Act of 2020.

While Los Angeles faces a crushing homeless problem, their city council passes the time being upset with plastic straws and smoothies:

california_straws_smoothies_10-1-19.jpg

I was going to start swearing but,

I'm just going to go with it is not the government's role to decide how thick my smoothie is

you arrogant, f*cking fascist

Sorry.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

James Lileks on California’s Smoothie Consistency Act of 2020.

While Los Angeles faces a crushing homeless problem, their city council passes the time being upset with plastic straws and smoothies:

california_straws_smoothies_10-1-19.jpg

I was going to start swearing but,

I'm just going to go with it is not the government's role to decide how thick my smoothie is

you arrogant, f*cking fascist

Sorry.

I just ate lunch with a compostable wooden fork for the first time. It's just as amusing and annoying as you would expect, including the challenge of avoiding splinters towards the end as the fork begins to break down.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I just ate lunch with a compostable wooden fork for the first time. It's just as amusing and annoying as you would expect, including the challenge of avoiding splinters towards the end as the fork begins to break down.

... did you recycle it afterwards?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

... did you recycle it afterwards?

Afterwards? It pretty much biodegraded itself it during my meal. I was careful to place the remnants inside the styrofoamm container though, for science.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So our golden boy Gavin singed a bill allowing amateur athletes to make money through endorsements. Do they think these through?

Star HS QB:  Can you recruit me?

Stanford:  Come on down!

Star HS QB:  Great!  I get a free ride!!

Stanford:  Oh no we don’t do scholarships anymore. You can get endorsements to pay your way. That will be $250,000 please. 

The universities are licking their chops. 

• Like (+1) 1

..took the family on vacation in 2006 to San Diego....conned me into the 7 hour round trip drive to Six Flags in Valencia to do the 'coasters......wrong turn off I5-S on the way home got me on I10-W heading for Santa Monica....got off at first exit in the middle of LA garment district, right into a HUGE homeless encampment, "Cardboard City".....three words..."we're effin' dead"....don't know how we got out.....but 13 years hence, it is EVERYWHERE....unimaginable........and disgusting.....

AS A LEGENDARY COMMUNITY ORGANIZER ADVISES, GET IN THEIR FACES AND PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: 

NRA and San Francisco: City Backs Down in Face of Lawsuit.

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS PRICES SOAR PAST $4 PER GALLON.

Flashback: Aren’t California’s High Gas Prices What The Left Have Wanted?

Well, it’s a start, as Steven Chu, former President Obama’s then-incoming energy secretary, told the Wall Street Journal in the fall of 2008: “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”

And Elizabeth Warren will finish the job: “On my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that puts a total moratorium on all new fossil fuel leases for drilling offshore and on public lands. And I will ban fracking—everywhere,” vowed Warren early last month.

Edited by B-Man

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Jealous about what?

Look, man. You can admit that you're jealous that you're not a 3rd chair superlawyer, who once won a motion, who drives your smoking hot girlfriend around in your 6-figure supercar, on top of teaching as an adjunct professor at a top 20 community college. Oh, and that you don't make more money than the rest of us combined.

It's ok, we won't think less of you.

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..took the family on vacation in 2006 to San Diego....conned me into the 7 hour round trip drive to Six Flags in Valencia to do the 'coasters......wrong turn off I5-S on the way home got me on I10-W heading for Santa Monica....got off at first exit in the middle of LA garment district, right into a HUGE homeless encampment, "Cardboard City".....three words..."we're effin' dead"....don't know how we got out.....but 13 years hence, it is EVERYWHERE....unimaginable........and disgusting.....

San Diego to Valencia?  Yeah, you got conned. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Look, man. You can admit that you're jealous that you're not a 3rd chair superlawyer, who once won a motion, who drives your smoking hot girlfriend around in your 6-figure supercar, on top of teaching as an adjunct professor at a top 20 community college. Oh, and that you don't make more money than the rest of us combined.

Community college adjunct professor. That's some funny stuff. 

I thought he meant being jealous of what CA has to offer.

But thanks for the laugh.

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I mean...I'm kind-of jealous of people who've seen Bigfoot.  

That's about it, though.

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

I don’t care much care for cars!  Toyotas have always been good by me

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

giant cities with beaches and everything you ever need surely don’t cause any jealousy lol.

11 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t care much care for cars!  Toyotas have always been good by me

Do you wonder why you've only sat in the 3rd chair once? Everything you post here errs on the side of ignorance or less knowledge than what is necessary.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you wonder why you've only sat in the 3rd chair once? Everything you post here errs on the side of ignorance or less knowledge than what is necessary.

wonder why I got early trial experience in my career?  It’s because I’m good and the firm that pays me a lot likes to invest in me.

its the actual answer to your question.  Feel free to ignore it.  I know it’s not quite fair

7 minutes ago, pop gun said:

It's not California but it falls inline with what California is all about nowadays. This is unbelievable...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/01/sanctuary-police-chief-suspends-officer-who-helped-catch-illegal-alien-fugitive/

That police chief looks quite a bit like Eric Lassard of Police Academy.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

wonder why I got early trial experience in my career?  It’s because I’m good and the firm that pays me a lot likes to invest in me.

its the actual answer to your question.  Feel free to ignore it.  I know it’s not quite fair

It's obvious you aren't the attorney referred to earlier as the one that gets to dot the i's and cross the t's. You don't capitalize much and skip your periods often, 3rd Chair. Regardless, your posting here is sloppy, lazy and inconsistent. It's no wonder you only got one shot at 3rd chair in a trial.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's obvious you aren't the attorney referred to earlier as the one that gets to dot the i's and cross the t's. You don't capitalize much and skip your periods often, 3rd Chair. Regardless, your posting here is sloppy, lazy and inconsistent. It's no wonder you only got one shot at 3rd chair in a trial.

ah I see your confusion.  Someone gets paid to proofread my stuff so I don’t have to worry about it.  It’s nice!

gosh you are obsessed with my job lol

(and 3rd chair at my age and type of work is a compliment, so thank you)

Edited by Crayola64

19 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

ah I see your confusion.  Someone gets paid to proofread my stuff so I don’t have to worry about it.  It’s nice!

gosh you are obsessed with my job lol

(and 3rd chair at my age and type of work is a compliment, so thank you)

Once you were 3rd chair. You had your cup of coffee in AA ball. Something you can always tell your grandchildren.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Once you were 3rd chair. You had your cup of coffee in AA ball. Something you can always tell your grandchildren.

Why are you obsessed with my job and wanting to think I’m not successful?  It’s a little creepy, but flattering I guess

13 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

giant cities with beaches and everything you ever need surely don’t cause any jealousy lol.

You serious, Clark?

Gee, if only there were a way for people who don't live in CA to somehow, magically visit CA to see beaches and culture, but not have to stay in CA and carry the tax burdens of 40M people, or step over hypodermic needles through urine-stained streets and, uh, y'know...be subjected to Typhus.

If only there were other places people could live in with big cities and culture and beaches without rampant tax corruption or medieval diseases caused by neglect of the downtrodden.

The only jealousy in my life are the people who watched us pull up stakes from CA and move to wide open spaces, educational freedoms, low taxes, terrific culture, beautiful lakes and mountains and 39M fewer people, most of whom are kind, caring, neighborly and legally armed to the gills.

But other than all that, you totally nailed it. I mean...what's more fun that a downtown LA theme park's new roller coaster  called Typhus Tycoon! :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Why are you obsessed with my job and wanting to think I’m not successful?  It’s a little creepy, but flattering I guess

You have to ask why I and others mock you?

You came here bragging that you are a bigtime lawyer with a fancy vehicle. You then proceeded to denigrate long-term members of the board and their efforts because their politics didn't align with your politics. You didn't offer anything to rebut except a cavalier attitude and a propensity for being lazy by refusing to educate yourself. Your approach to discussion here is to deride other's efforts while providing nothing in return. You've shown that you are either a shitass lawyer or you're lying about being one.