California (again)

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The CEO of the company I work for has a radio show and I'm a regular guest on it (yes, I've mentioned on there I have a face for radio).  We were talking about goal planning and he mentioned about people who want to move away from CA to someplace less expensive.  So I brought you up. "There's this message board numbskull....."  But seriously I mentioned that I have a friend who was moving to Idaho and that I joked with him that he'll become very familiar with Amazon because he'll need to have everything delivered because he'll be nowhere near anything.  And Jeff mentioned that it's always a good idea to rent like you're doing just to make sure you're making the right choice.  It will be aired April 13th 9am-10am on 1150 The Patriot if you're interested..  

Funny. This weekend we literally discussed his point. We love it up there, and we know we love it up there, but we don't know everything. So we'll rent or, possibly, buy something on the water than can serve as a rental.

In the end, the big thing for us is to sell our house with no contingencies. I don't want to have to compromise my sale here because I have a sale waiting somewhere else. We get what we want, or we pull it off the market and wait a few years and still buy something up there that can also be a rental, but we can go up and spend a week or two at to keep feeling the place out.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Funny. This weekend we literally discussed his point. We love it up there, and we know we love it up there, but we don't know everything. So we'll rent or, possibly, buy something on the water than can serve as a rental.

In the end, the big thing for us is to sell our house with no contingencies. I don't want to have to compromise my sale here because I have a sale waiting somewhere else. We get what we want, or we pull it off the market and wait a few years and still buy something up there that can also be a rental, but we can go up and spend a week or two at to keep feeling the place out.

You want a date to feel up Chef ? 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What, your a pimp now in your retirement?

Yup.  Chef is my male stripper for the women at all the nursing homes in his area. 

Mead strippers inc. 

anyone else need a job in retirement? 

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

This is why we're looking at Palm Springs.  Sure CA is really getting on my nerves but there is something to be said for moving someplace where you can buy your retirement home for cash and know the area very well.  Have friends there and nearby in OC.  I don't want to retire someplace and after two years think "Oh *****...this was a mistake."  Could PS end up being a mistake?  Sure but again we know the area and know it well and that's a big plus. 

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is why we're looking at Palm Springs.  Sure CA is really getting on my nerves but there is something to be said for moving someplace where you can buy your retirement home for cash and know the area very well.  Have friends there and nearby in OC.  I don't want to retire someplace and after two years think "Oh *****...this was a mistake."  Could PS end up being a mistake?  Sure but again we know the area and know it well and that's a big plus. 

We don't have any family here, and a few friends, but we're not dug in. The one thing I hear from people when they hear we're cleaning house and leaving CA is "We'd do it in a heartbeat, but for (fill in the blank; family, friends, work, school, etc). I work from home and she home schools, though he'll go into a high school in Idaho. We're selling virtually everything we have, throwing some essentials in a truck and skedaddling as soon as his school year is done.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

We don't have any family here, and a few friends, but we're not dug in. The one thing I hear from people when they hear we're cleaning house and leaving CA is "We'd do it in a heartbeat, but for (fill in the blank; family, friends, work, school, etc). I work from home and she home schools, though he'll go into a high school in Idaho. We're selling virtually everything we have, throwing some essentials in a truck and skedaddling as soon as his school year is done.

Now that's an adventure! At the age of 27 my wife and I sold our home in WNY, bought a motorhome and along with our 3-year old daughter took off and basically traveled the country for nearly 8 months. We ended up back in NW PA where I found a job and I was then offered a promotion to corporate headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, CA. about 9 months later. Enjoyed my time in CA and wouldn't trade that 8 month trip for anything.

We left Rochester-cha-cha for Princeton and rented for Six months while looking to buy a house. That worked out well. When we retired, we sold that house and moved directly in to our house we had built on The Cape. Couldn’t be happier. 

10 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Good for you. I'm looking to move to the backwoods of maine with my fiancee and dogs. The fewer people around me, the better.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Good for you. I'm looking to move to the backwoods of maine with my fiancee and dogs. The fewer people around me, the better.

I would have thought that redhead was tracking Manny Machado by now but if you're "going to the backwoods of Maine" clearly there is still danger.  And yes I realize backwoods means mountains and Maine means some other state, but so does she.

About this fiancée. Careful.  She could be in league with your tormentor and her "brother/mother/whoever else".  It will be difficult because there will be no obvious signs.  Don't bother with her phone, computer, etc.. Check out stuff like her makeup kits and shoes for communication and tracking devices.  Are all the dogs yours or did she introduce one?

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I would have thought that redhead was tracking Manny Machado by now but if you're "going to the backwoods of Maine" clearly there is still danger.  And yes I realize backwoods means mountains and Maine means some other state, but so does she.

About this fiancée. Careful.  She could be in league with your tormentor and her "brother/mother/whoever else".  It will be difficult because there will be no obvious signs.  Don't bother with her phone, computer, etc.. Check out stuff like her makeup kits and shoes for communication and tracking devices.  Are all the dogs yours or did she introduce one?

That would be miraculous, given that they live on the opposite coast from each other.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That would be miraculous, given that they live on the opposite coast from each other.

:lol:

Dude.  They're both women and you're you.  Just check the makeup cases ok?  And if you find something don't panic.  PM me details and I'll come up with a plan.

If you want this thing between you an the San Diego crew, let's call them "Padre Cadre", to end there is a way to do it.  Let me know if you're interested.  You'd have to toss any notion of morality to the side which should be easy for you, but you'd also have to keep quiet AND convince the Cadre that you would.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yes, she got them to shake.

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  They're both women and you're you.  Just check the makeup cases ok?  And if you find something don't panic.  PM me details and I'll come up with a plan.

If you want this thing between you an the San Diego crew, let's call them "Padre Cadre", to end there is a way to do it.  Let me know if you're interested.  You'd have to toss any notion of morality to the side which should be easy for you, but you'd also have to keep quiet AND convince the Cadre that you would.

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE!

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Dude, we could be neighbours, wouldn’t that be great? Probably going to buy a winter place somewhere down that area. I have a buddy in Quartzsite AZ so I have traveled the area. Not willing to setup in Quartzsite because there is ***** all there, but was thinking Palm Springs or maybe a little east in AZ. Want to check out Tucson as well. 

2 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Dude, we could be neighbours, wouldn’t that be great? Probably going to buy a winter place somewhere down that area. I have a buddy in Quartzsite AZ so I have traveled the area. Not willing to setup in Quartzsite because there is ***** all there, but was thinking Palm Springs or maybe a little east in AZ. Want to check out Tucson as well. 

I'm sure he's thrilled.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

After reading this, is anyone here still against the border walls?

Edited by 4merper4mer

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

After reading this, is anyone here still against the border walls?

Obviously a wall on our northern border is needed. We can get the Canadians to pay for it by making them cough up all the tips they never gave to Florida servers over the years.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Obviously a wall on our northern border is needed. We can get the Canadians to pay for it by making them cough up all the tips they never gave to Florida servers over the years.

The cheque is in the mail. Probably arrive at the same time as the one from Mexico! 

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Or unpaid speeding tickets plastered on bathroom walls.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We have a vacation home in Palm Springs and love it! Always something going on there in town. I doubt you’d regret it.

14 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

The cheque is in the mail. Probably arrive at the same time as the one from Mexico! 

Just remember, if you are planning on a vacation home in the U.S. we have certain laws here that prevent the importation of animals such as your pet moose. Can you last the whole winter without a little moose nooky?

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just remember, if you are planning on a vacation home in the U.S. we have certain laws here that prevent the importation of animals such as your pet moose. Can you last the whole winter without a little moose nooky?

I have seen Merican girls. Not a whole lot different. 

1 hour ago, BigMcD said:

We’ve just decided on Florida.