California (again)

2 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

We've been going for a month each winter since our crew moved there almost twenty years ago.  Brophy's is a must several timnes each trip: Clam chowder, then whatever we didn't have the last time.  Yeah, the homeless are a real treat on lower State St.  A guitar, a dog and a down-on-my-luck rap appear to be the accoutrements of those less fortunate.

We have no homeless here in South Orange County (well expect the lone liberal stronghold Laguna Beach).  They can't afford the sidewalks here. 

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We have no homeless here in South Orange County (well expect the lone liberal stronghold Laguna Beach).  They can't afford the sidewalks here. 

My town has this one old homeless woman who wanders around all day covered in 8 layers of clothing and pushing a shopping cart wherever she goes.

Mumbles to herself. Yells incoherently at street lamps and fire hydrants. Sometimes just sits down and picks her nose for an hour. Kinda pathetic, but kinda like Otis from Mayberry.

We call her Tibs. She likes that.

• Haha (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

My town has this one old homeless woman who wanders around all day covered in 8 layers of clothing and pushing a shopping cart wherever she goes.

Mumbles to herself. Yells incoherently at street lamps and fire hydrants. Sometimes just sits down and picks her nose for an hour. Kinda pathetic, but kinda like Otis from Mayberry.

Hillary is in LA?

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Why would you watch someone pick their nose for a whole hour?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, B-Man said:

ARE YOU NOW, OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN . . . LA Passes Ordinance Requiring City Contractors To Disclose NRA Ties.

It’s clear that the objection to McCarthyism was never about what it involved, just who.

That's awesome.  Donate to the NRA, bid on a city contract, lose, sue the city for discrimination and make more money than you would if you were awarded the contract.

• Like (+1) 1

"U.S. Has 3.5 Million More Registered Voters Than Live Adults — A Red Flag for Electoral Fraud"

. . . Los Angeles County, whose more than 10 million people make it the nation's most populous county, had 12% more registered voters than live ones, some 707,475 votes. That's a huge number of possible votes in an election. . . .

"California's San Diego County earns the enchilada grande. Its 138% registration translates into 810,966 ghost voters."

0eb933fd0e04692233f6e9038a1cf95a711be58f1efa7675486cf1e164cb360d.png

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"U.S. Has 3.5 Million More Registered Voters Than Live Adults — A Red Flag for Electoral Fraud"

. . . Los Angeles County, whose more than 10 million people make it the nation's most populous county, had 12% more registered voters than live ones, some 707,475 votes. That's a huge number of possible votes in an election. . . .

"California's San Diego County earns the enchilada grande. Its 138% registration translates into 810,966 ghost voters."

Important to realize that this is common, because states do a lousy job managing voter rolls.  My wife and I were just notified this year we were taken off VA's voter rolls, where we haven't lived for 13 years.  We were registered in two states...not because of fraud, but because of state stupidity.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:36 PM, LABillzFan said:

Keeping CA stuff in this thread...

I'm in Iowa this week with a co-worker from South Africa who's only lived in CA and NY in the US.  He was astounded at the $2.60/gal sign we passed today.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Since when has being alive been a requirement to vote Democrat?

• Haha (+1) 1