Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

White                           Murphy - Lotulelei - Phillips/Williams - Hughes           Johnson                    Davis 

Kendricks - Edmunds - Milano/Alexander   

Hyde                                                  Poyer 
                                            Neal

Not a bad defense all things considered.  I would definitely try to sign him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

White                           Murphy - Lotulelei - Phillips/Williams - Hughes           Johnson                    Davis 

Kendricks - Edmunds - Milano/Alexander   

Hyde                                                  Poyer 
                                            Neal

Not a bad defense all things considered.  I would definitely try to sign him. 

This looks like a very good defense. Much better than last years.

Shwing!!! He's an absolute perfect fit. I've been hoping Beane would trade a 6th rounder for him, getting him without losing a pick would be amazing. We're a sure top-10 Defense if we get him.

• Like (+1) 1

Him, Edmunds, and Milano would be a strong group.

Then just have Lorenzo rotate in as a situational pass rusher and in specific packages.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Probably not, but we could probably get Zay Jones to teach him how to break up passes. For that matter, he could help all the LBs and DBs.

?

In all seriousness he would be a nice addition. The Bills LBs would look kinda like the Vikings LBs.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

?

In all seriousness he would be a nice addition. The Bills LBs would look kinda like the Vikings LBs.

Agreed. The LBs could go from abysmal before the draft, to exciting post draft and this signing, if it were to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if he'd go for a one-year deal, because I don't think Bills have the money to offer him a monster contract right now. 

I believe that's the reason he's tried to get out of Philly for so long, his contract demands are well above where Philly is willing to go. 

Just now, blacklabel said:

I wonder if he'd go for a one-year deal, because I don't think Bills have the money to offer him a monster contract right now. 

I believe that's the reason he's tried to get out of Philly for so long, his contract demands are well above where Philly is willing to go. 

just backload it you can still give him a signing bonus up front that's amortized over the life of the contract he might get 8 mil this year but only count 500k against the cap if you do it that way.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know his play well but a good vet and elite rookie would be a nice starting pair and a guy like milano is a nice off the bench player. 

If they like him as a long term piece this would really solidify the defense for 2-3 years

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

just backload it you can still give him a signing bonus up front that's amortized over the life of the contract he might get 8 mil this year but only count 500k against the cap if you do it that way.  

Not a bad idea. He certainly won't be sitting around for long. I'm sure we'll soon be hearing which teams have interest. 

With his skill set, we have to pretty much assume for sure that the FO is taking a look back at his film and making some calls to see what kind of deal he's looking for. Don't think they'll get into a bidding war, though. Doesn't seem to be Beane's style. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think he'll cost about $8 million per year. He definitely fills a need but there will be a lot of competition from other teams.

We we will see - I think that is a bit much for a cut player at this time of year.  The Bills actually have quite a bit of room compared to other teams and that would be close to the max they will spend.

It will all depend upon what he is looking for - a 1 year deal to get a shot at FA - I think 5 million or so will get it done, but if he wants an extended deal with some signing bonus - you might get 2 year 14 million with a larger bonus that can be split over 2 years and less salary.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t know his play well but a good vet and elite rookie would be a nice starting pair and a guy like milano is a nice off the bench player. 

If they like him as a long term piece this would really solidify the defense for 2-3 years

I like Milano as the starter and Lorenzo as the guy you bring in for certain packages and as a situational pass rusher.

Milano looked good as a rookie. He'll take a big step forward with a full year in the offense and NFL experience. I'm excited about him.

• Like (+1) 1