Summer Concert Roll Call

billsfanmiami(oh)

Chicago / REO Speedwagon tonight

Bought lawn seats for $18/per this morning.  Checked the LNExperience.com upgrade several times in the day and saw it would let me do so for $30 to get feature upgrade.

So, for $48/seat I got a seat valued at $259/per; 3rd row stage left.

Willie & Avett Bros., & Old Crow Medicine Show $180

30 seconds to Mars was amazing 18th row $40

David Allan Coe Get eral Admission two weeks ago $40

Diamond Rio front row last Saturday $80

Erasure general admission Wednesday $60

REO Speedwagon & Chicago tonight $96

Weezer & the Pixies next week front 10 rows $80

Marilyn Mason in 2 weeks $90

Enjoy your cover bands.  I'll enjoy the real thing.

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Chicago / REO Speedwagon tonight

Bought lawn seats for $18/per this morning.  Checked the LNExperience.com upgrade several times in the day and saw it would let me do so for $30 to get feature upgrade.

So, for $48/seat I got a seat valued at $259/per; 3rd row stage left.

Willie & Avett Bros., & Old Crow Medicine Show $180

30 seconds to Mars was amazing 18th row $40

David Allan Coe Get eral Admission two weeks ago $40

Diamond Rio front row last Saturday $80

Erasure general admission Wednesday $60

REO Speedwagon & Chicago tonight $96

Weezer & the Pixies next week front 10 rows $80

Marilyn Mason in 2 weeks $90

Enjoy your cover bands.  I'll enjoy the real thing.

Kudos on the ticket pricing, hope the shows are great.

But calling whatever passes for Chicago these days as the real thing doesn't fly with me.

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

But calling whatever passes for Chicago these days as the real thing doesn't fly with me.

A college buddy saw Yes about a week ago. Only one original guy, but he loved the show. I guess the music touches a chord, and it’s hard to tell the difference. The music transcends in most cases. 

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

A college buddy saw Yes about a week ago. Only one original guy, but he loved the show. I guess the music touches a chord, and it’s hard to tell the difference. The music transcends in most cases. 

100%.

But IMO the Chicago/Yes scenarios are glorified cover bands and cover bands were being called out.

In the past year there was a real cool night locally when a Billy Joel tribute band was joined on stage by Billy Joel. Billy Joel is a local and I think some of the tribute band had played with him...but nobody who bought a ticket expected an appearance from the Piano Man that night. Very cool despite the fact I have little interest in Billy Joel's music.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:22 PM, SinceThe70s said:

My girlfriend and I should have left after REO.  Their set list for their tour:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chicago/2018/pnc-music-pavilion-charlotte-nc-63eb9af7.html

There are 4 remaining members from the original band and their energy was good but the mix was ****, the energy was more a cover band, and the audience sat for almost the entire show.

Aftee the rain delay we went right up to the stage and got to interact with the artists.  Couples beside us paid over $400 for their tickets.  We paid $96.?? 

Edited by Boyst62

On 7/15/2018 at 11:29 PM, SinceThe70s said:

100%.

But IMO the Chicago/Yes scenarios are glorified cover bands and cover bands were being called out.

In the past year there was a real cool night locally when a Billy Joel tribute band was joined on stage by Billy Joel. Billy Joel is a local and I think some of the tribute band had played with him...but nobody who bought a ticket expected an appearance from the Piano Man that night. Very cool despite the fact I have little interest in Billy Joel's music.

I was reading a story about an elementary school choir that did a Billy Joel tribute. He showed up, sat in the back, and went backstage after the show to congratulate them. Didn't tell them he was  there because he didn't want to make the kids nervous.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2018 at 11:09 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Just saw Japanese Breakfast on as lark Saturday. Great band. Just got tickets for Femi Kuti next week in Portland ME. Then I'm going to Cake/Ben Folds in Boston Aug 13.

Cake/Ben Folds sounds like a phenomenal show.  

The pixies were fun

Weezer was a lot better than expected.

Covered:

A-Ha's take on me

the turtles - happy together

Toto - Africa

And did rifts from a bunch of songs but several Nirvana songs and a little bit of Black Sabbath..

Impressive rock band

• Like (+1) 1

Going to see Queen Extravaganza in October. They're a Queen tribute, but were put together by Brian May and Roger Taylor. August 9th going to a concert of a Pink Floyd tribute playing The Wall in it's entirety. Keifer Sutherland band is putting on a free concert. No idea if they're any good, but I love 24 and the price is right. "Almost Elton John" in late August. The actual Elton John is coming in December, but barring a miracle, I'm not gonna get tickets since they're like $300 a pop for the nosebleeds.

Charlie Daniels is in town in November, but it's on my wedding day. So if someone in Houston wants to go in my place let me know. Her name is Britt, and she's a lovely gal. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

The pixies were fun

Weezer was a lot better than expected.

Covered:

A-Ha's take on me

the turtles - happy together

Toto - Africa

And did rifts from a bunch of songs but several Nirvana songs and a little bit of Black Sabbath..

Impressive rock band

Going to see the Pixies and Weezer in about 10 days. Frank Black(Pixies' Black Francis) lived down the street from me in Eugene where he met his wife Violet. 

Just got back from 3 nights of Phish at the Gorge Amphitheater in George, WA. Great shows and a great time had.

28 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Going to see the Pixies and Weezer in about 10 days. Frank Black(Pixies' Black Francis) lived down the street from me in Eugene where he met his wife Violet. 

Just got back from 3 nights of Phish at the Gorge Amphitheater in George, WA. Great shows and a great time had.

Go to LNExperience.com and upgrade to the pit area or up front if you can. He does the B set in the middle of the crowd where ever he is, which has been a-ha's take on me.

Great concert. Enjoy it.  I had no and still have no idea who the pixies are.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Go to LNExperience.com and upgrade to the pit area or up front if you can. He does the B set in the middle of the crowd where ever he is, which has been a-ha's take on me.

I managed a restaurant in Park City for a few years around 15 years ago and the owner/chef was a musician who's band opened up for Cake, the Flaming Lips, the Pixies etc., first time I had heard of any of those bands. I only remember a few Pixie songs and have never seen them or Weezer, should be fun.

52 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

22 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Saw/heard the show last week.

Had heard of the Pixies, didn't know them, listened from the parking lot, mistake.  Sounded great, maybe better than Weezer.  

Weezer were (was?) good, but would have been better closer or in a smaller venue. For the record the only time I liked/tolerated that a-ha song was in Family Guy :)

Boyst62 - thanks for the Inexperience tip. Didn't work for me this time, hopefully next! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.