Summer Concert Roll Call

billsfanmiami(oh)

My summer concert season began in earnest last Friday.  

Last Friday - Bahamas

Last Saturday - Lake Street Dive

Wednesday - Titus Andonicus/Courtney Barnnet

Thursday - Jade Bird/Brandi Carlile

Thursday (round 2) - Record Company/Nathaniel Rateliff/Sweet Spirit/Angelique Kidjo

Friday - Belly/The Editors

Dead and Company coming up in June in Camden x2, Raleigh & Saratoga.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Last Friday - Bahamas

Thursday (round 2) - Record Company/Nathaniel Rateliff/Sweet Spirit/Angelique Kidjo

I know not one of those bands..you need to go back to beer drinking!!

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I know not one of those bands..you need to go back to beer drinking!!

You need to change your listening habits.  Forgot about The Wood Brothers on Thursday. They were supposed to play last night at Browns Island, but I suspect the rain changed those plans.

6 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Last Friday - Bahamas

I’m exhausted just reading that! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just two fests thus far.

Floydfest July 25-29 http://floydfest.com/ I will be working helping out my wife's food truck that will be there for the 5th year in a row. But we alternate so can watch bands that we want to see. She brings a crew of 6 young women to work with her so great working environment for me. 

Lockn Aug 23-26 http://www.locknfestival.com/ Just enjoying the music at this fest...no work.

@billsfanmiami(oh) thanks for the info on the Wish You Were Here band. Looked at their schedule but not many other dates yet. If you like Floyd, a couple of other bands are The Machine (they have been doing it for 30 years) http://themachinelive.com/

and Pink Talking Fish http://www.pinktalkingfish.com/tour.html PTF also do Talking Heads and Phish

Edited by Mr Info
  • Like (+1) 1

All I have going on is Doheny Blues today.  My concert schedule has gone down since moving from Oakland  It as so cool being 15 minutes away from The Fox.  And driving to LA to see shows sucks balls.   As a matter of fact I flew to Oakland to see Umphrey's McGee in March and gave them a miss in LA  LOL.

http://dohenybluesfestival.com/performance-schedule/

Edited by Chef Jim

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just came back from radio conference hosted by WXPN, Philadelphia. Along with the usual discussions and meetings were about 30 showcase performances. Here's the list:

http://www.thetop22.com/non-commvention-2011/artist-lineup-2016/

Dude, I was there Thursday night and all 3 noon shows.  What a great time

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Dude, I was there Thursday night and all 3 noon shows.  What a great time

No s##t! Thursday was the best night by far. I love Sweet Spirit. I was the guy in the Bills standing Buffalo tee. My first time at Non-Comm. Definitely doing it next year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No s##t! Thursday was the best night by far. I love Sweet Spirit. I was the guy in the Bills standing Buffalo tee. My first time at Non-Comm. Definitely doing it next year.

Oh crap, I saw you walk by during sweet spirit.  I was kind of in front of the guy in the wheel chair that was dancing away.  I was wearing a green Dead fare thee well shirt

4 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Oh crap, I saw you walk by during sweet spirit.  I was kind of in front of the guy in the wheel chair that was dancing away.  I was wearing a green Dead fare thee well shirt

You should have said hi just for the shirt. I walked by you in the lobby.

I hope you caught Angelique Kidjo. I was disappointed the room was less than half-full for her set.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You should have said hi just for the shirt.

Saw it quickly and wasn't sure if I saw it correctly....you confirmed it for me in your previous post.  I love sweet spirit.  I voted their song the power song of the year in last year's xpn poll.  They played the festival last year and she was in a tye dye bikini and was wondering the crowd afterwards, she's super nice, but she's definitely a character.  I am an xpn member and go to as many Free at Noon's as possible.  Some dude handed me the credentials Thursday so it was my first night time non comm

3 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Saw it quickly and wasn't sure if I saw it correctly....you confirmed it for me in your previous post.  I love sweet spirit.  I voted their song the power song of the year in last year's xpn poll.  They played the festival last year and she was in a tye dye bikini and was wondering the crowd afterwards, she's super nice, but she's definitely a character.  I am an xpn member and go to as many Free at Noon's as possible.  Some dude handed me the credentials Thursday so it was my first night time non comm

Their singer was actually pretty sultry on stage.

I guess you didn't see Starcrawler Wednesday night. Female lead singer wore a wife beater tee, men's BVDs with an athletic cup over them.

I broke away from Non-Comm to catch Tsunami Bomb at Kung Fu Necktie Wednesday. My ears are still ringing, even though I wore earplugs. :w00t:

'XPN is an amazing station and World Cafe Live is an awesome venue.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Their singer was actually pretty sultry on stage.

I guess you didn't see Starcrawler Wednesday night. Female lead singer wore a wife beater tee, men's BVDs with an athletic cup over them.

I broke away from Non-Comm to catch Tsunami Bomb at Kung Fu Necktie Wednesday. My ears are still ringing, even though I write earplugs. :w00t:

'XPN is an amazing station and World Cafe Live is an awesome venue.

Watched the starcrawler set on the live stream.  Could only handle about 5 minutes of it.  Wasn't a fan.

XPN and World Cafe are absolute treasures.  Love seeing those big name bands in such an intimate setting.  And the relationship between the bands and XPN is pretty cool

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.