Duh

TSNBDSC

52 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Why would he cross three lanes, to end up in front of the truck??  If that wasn't recorded, nobody would believe it!

He/she was likely trying to get to the break in the divider to make a U-ey. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Why would he cross three lanes, to end up in front of the truck??  If that wasn't recorded, nobody would believe it!

see it every day in front of me

18 hours ago, Doc said:

Idiot. 

Look at driver side front tire.  Hard to see given the image quality but it looks like it fails.  Guy started swerving and hitting brakes long before he ended up in inside lane.  May not have been the driver’s issue.

This same video was posted here a few weeks ago as I recall.

Driver was trying to make it to that little gap in the armco so he could do an illegal u-turn.

When the truck pushed him forward, he ALMOST hit the butt-end of the armco where it begins after the gap.

Edited by Fadingpain

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Look at driver side front tire.  Hard to see given the image quality but it looks like it fails.  Guy started swerving and hitting brakes long before he ended up in inside lane.  May not have been the driver’s issue.

Good catch on the possible cause.  Probably was contemplating good fortune and a change of clothes when BANG!  

2 of my favorite stories: 

Many years ago I was driving on the beltway around DC, having just gone over the Wilson Drawbridge into Maryland.

I was in the far left lane cruising at like 80mph....vehicle in far right lane ahead of me slams on brakes, comes to complete stop, puts car in REVERSE, and starts backing up, in right lane, as they had overshot the exit ramp they wanted.

I watched in disbelief as the driver pulled the move off!  They made it back to the exit ramp lane and then went forward again....Traffic was unusually just light enough that the car got away with it....

Another time on the beltway in roughly the same place I was again cruising at like 80mph in left lane.  Looked in mirror, way behind me, way back, was a motorcycle coming at a ridiculous speed.

Before I could put on my turn signal and move over a lane to get out of his way, the kid on the bike went past me one lane over to my right.

I would suggest he was going AT LEAST 150mph, as I was doing 80 and he went by me so fast it was kind of scary.  

He was African American and wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  I remember seeing his bare back as his t-shirt was totally inflated and puffed out with air, so it was like 10 inches above his back.  

If he's going 150mph, he's going 220 feet, or 73 YARDS every second.

At that speed you don't have time to see that a 2 by 4 is lying in the road 1 or 2 seconds ahead of you and that you need to avoid it...something weird like that happens and you are going to be sliding along the ground at 150 mph, with a t-shirt on.

Scares the crap out of me just thinking about it!

I used to see kids flying long that stretch of the beltway on crotch-rockets all the time, usually wearing t-shirts. 

10 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Medical emergency?  'Senior moment'?  An 'OMG!!!' text?  I might be able to forgive the first reason, jail for the second, execution for the third.

The joint he dropped was burning a hole in his crotch?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The joint he dropped was burning a hole in his crotch?

Must have been really good stuff, both from effects and not wanting to lose it.  Dead stop in the high speed lane, which brings us back to the thread title.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

No, he's definitely trying to make a U-turn at the break. 

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

2 of my favorite stories: 

Many years ago I was driving on the beltway around DC, having just gone over the Wilson Drawbridge into Maryland.

I was in the far left lane cruising at like 80mph....vehicle in far right lane ahead of me slams on brakes, comes to complete stop, puts car in REVERSE, and starts backing up, in right lane, as they had overshot the exit ramp they wanted.

I watched in disbelief as the driver pulled the move off!  They made it back to the exit ramp lane and then went forward again....Traffic was unusually just light enough that the car got away with it....

That's nothing.  One time I passed an exit on the Beltway, and I didn't see anybody put their car in reverse to catch the exit they missed.  I was stunned.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Another time on the beltway in roughly the same place I was again cruising at like 80mph in left lane.  Looked in mirror, way behind me, way back, was a motorcycle coming at a ridiculous speed.

Before I could put on my turn signal and move over a lane to get out of his way, the kid on the bike went past me one lane over to my right.

I would suggest he was going AT LEAST 150mph, as I was doing 80 and he went by me so fast it was kind of scary.  

He was African American and wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  I remember seeing his bare back as his t-shirt was totally inflated and puffed out with air, so it was like 10 inches above his back.  

If he's going 150mph, he's going 220 feet, or 73 YARDS every second.

At that speed you don't have time to see that a 2 by 4 is lying in the road 1 or 2 seconds ahead of you and that you need to avoid it...something weird like that happens and you are going to be sliding along the ground at 150 mph, with a t-shirt on.

Scares the crap out of me just thinking about it!

I used to see kids flying long that stretch of the beltway on crotch-rockets all the time, usually wearing t-shirts. 

Used to see packs of them do that all the time on 29, north of Columbia.  Idiots lane splitting in heavy 60 mph traffic, doing about 100.  

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

No.  Left turn signal is on.  The driver moved left intentionally.  He was going for the U-turn.  

12 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I think I noticed something stopped on right way up the road.  Looked like lights?  Gotta check again.

Was truck passing over the speed limit?  Why was he passing?

Not blaming truck... But good eye BB on car tire possible failure.

There was, from what I can see, looks like two stopped vehicles on right also.  Why was truck speeding, then passing... Should be slowing down and staying in middle lane?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Tire failure (front driver's side)... Then two stopped vehicles to right, probably didn't want to slam into them on right... Pulled left.

No good deed goes unpunished?

Why wasn't truck staying middle lane?  Probably last place (middle lane) car saw truck... Until truck speeds up & decides to pass.  Even third vehicle (SUV) stays middle and brakes.

Not so fast on blaming the car.  Truck should have control & not follow so close?

33 minutes ago, Dante said:

Man, that guy is lucky that's all the damage he took. I wonder if the truck was loaded? Not a chance in hell of stopping or even slowing down if that's the case.

Doesn't decide to pass SUV... Everybody misses.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois