Thoughts?

We've been saying this since the primaries pitting Obama against Hillary: if everything is racism, then nothing is racism.

This woman sets back any genuine attempts to identify and correct racist behavior in other parts of the country. She did more harm to her cause than good. I hope she takes the time to correct herself.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

We've been saying this since the primaries pitting Obama against Hillary: if everything is racism, then nothing is racism.

This woman sets back any genuine attempts to identify and correct racist behavior in other parts of the country. She did more harm to her cause than good. I hope she takes the time to correct herself.

I doubt she takes back her racist comments.  She's already doing the "that's how I felt" defense. Thank God the police officer had a body cam on. 

This lady dusgusts me!! Typical liberal actions. They have seriously lost touch with reality. SMH......

5 minutes ago, westside said:

I doubt she takes back her racist comments.  She's already doing the "that's how I felt" defense.

It's not a "defense," it demonstrates the body camera is wrong.  [/Critical Race Theory]

• Like (+1) 1

It's sad.  This woman EXPECTED that the police officer wanted to mess with her & because of that, she heard not what the officer said but what she expected him to say and do.

To me, that is a microcosm of the most unfortunate part of 44's legacy.  Rather than celebrate how much better race relations have gotten within his lifetime - a black man certainly was not going to be elected President when he was born but we've moved so far that he WAS elected President - while still acknowledging that there is still room for improvement; his supporters have focused on what remains to be done while minimizing what has been accomplished to such an extent that this woman misinterpreted the situation so completely that she expected to get lynched.

Really was hoping that after 2008 we'd've been able to enter a "post racial" era.  Not even close.  Which is truly a shame because we had a great opportunity.

People do not get lynched for simply going 15 mph over the speed limit if they respond to the situation by being calm and respectful of the police officer that pulled them over.  That they expect to get lynched is a travesty.  Fortunately, she did remain rather calm & respectful on the outside, and no situation arose while the 2 were in contact.

Watching the body cam version it appears she handled her encounter better than EII describes his contacts w/ the police.  :lol:  Would be cool if that could get a wider distribution and show people that even though you might be nervous, you really can get through an encounter w/ the police without getting shot. (Not a chance of that being the lesson learned from this. :( )

Edited by Taro T

32 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I still don't understand how cops are able to tell the race and gender (or tansgender) of the person driving 70+ mph to know who to pull over.

Gaydar guns.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

To me, that is a microcosm of the most unfortunate part of 44's legacy.  Rather than celebrate how much better race relations have gotten within his lifetime - a black man certainly was not going to be elected President when he was born but we've moved so far that he WAS elected President - while still acknowledging that there is still room for improvement; his supporters have focused on what remains to be done while minimizing what has been accomplished to such an extent that this woman misinterpreted the situation so completely that she expected to get lynched.

In my lifetime, no one has done more harm to black America than Barack Obama. Handed the opportunity to go down as one of the greatest in the history of the US, he chose instead to go down as the greatest in the history of his own mind. He somehow made race relations horrible, while making the lives of black Americans, especially teens, worse than ever.

But hey...that interview with the chick who bathes in Fruit Loops was pretty awesome, amirite?

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If you're trying to make an itemized accounting of the problem you're going to run out of numbers.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

1.  Love the music the cop was listening to in the car

I have no idea why, but this surprises me.

11 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I call this phenomenon

LYING WHILE BLACK

The only thing missing from this conversation is Sheila Jackson Lee adding more lies to the layers.