Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

that is not the story you are painting with your posts on Allen.

I mean that in all sincerity I have absolutely no ax to grind with you.

The story I'm painting is that he has significant work to do to realize the potential he has.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Or McCarron, or Peterman.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nate is a 5th round pick.   He’s not here to compete for the starting job   

why not? a.j. was what rd. pick? iron sharpens iron. we have a great qb stable and we are gonna kick some cougar ass! with or without bobby bouche!

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Why do you go to such great lengths to tear down Bills players? 

It’s rather odd.

What team do you actually root for?

You sir are a bore. You have been banished to the ignore list.

Best news I've heard all day! :beer:

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

then become a damn browns fan. why do you even come on here? btw , the browns have hyde, landry, gordon and what's his name te. ....and i'll take that bet right now. points scored, ypg, passing stats, you name it. easy money. at least the bills offense will be entertaining compared to the past few years.

You do realize that 2015 and 2016 were the highest scoring back to back years we've had this millennium, right?

Just now, John from Riverside said:

corner

Fair enough...when I read your posts that is not the message I get but as far as I am concerned if you say your not blasting him.....then your not blasting him.

Acknowledging his shortcomings that I witnessed for myself isn't blasting him.  Much of what I have pointed out, Allen has spoken of himself. 

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

why not? a.j. was what rd. pick? iron sharpens iron. we have a great qb stable and we are gonna kick some cougar ass! with or without bobby bouche!

One of McDermotts sayings.  

I’d like to see Nate do well but I do think that boat has sailed.   At least as a starter.    

AJ total 2015 ended 2-2 but was a gnats hair away from being 4-0.  

Production seen.   And not just mop up duty when Tyrod was benched. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You do realize that 2015 and 2016 were the highest scoring back to back years we've had this millennium, right?

that's not something i would call successful...and what are you saying ? the coaching change was responsible?

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

that's not something i would call successful...and what are you saying ? the coaching change was responsible?

I think back to back top 10 offenses is pretty successful. And as far as 2017 goes, some combination of blocking scheme, OC, shipping off our best WR, etc. probably contributed to the drop off in production.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One of McDermotts sayings.  

I’d like to see Nate do well but I do think that boat has sailed.   At least as a starter.    

AJ total 2015 ended 2-2 but was a gnats hair away from being 4-0.  

Production seen.   And not just mop up duty when Tyrod was benched. 

well i think nate will turn heads now. between a.j., nate and josh, we will be the talk of the league until the opening day of the season. i feel totally secure with each of them however the way they may see the field.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

why is it blind loyalty?

Not being able to discuss limitations or shortcomings of the team or its players and getting frazzled or upset when there is open discussion of those deficiencies.

We have full on Bunker mode from some people.  I have had the same critiques for AJM and Josh Allen before either was a BIll.  Now people are acting as if there is some kind of vendetta.  It's rather sad. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not being able to discuss limitations or shortcomings of the team or its players and getting frazzled or upset when there is open discussion of those deficiencies.

We have full on Bunker mode from some people.  I have had the same critiques for AJM and Josh Allen before either was a BIll.  Now people are acting as if there is some kind of vendetta.  It's rather sad. 

yet...at least subliminally your posts always try to prove that what we have now is not better...or capable...of being better than what we had....hotrod...where's reddog when you need him?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

yet...at least subliminally your posts always try to prove that what we have now is not better...or capable...of being better than what we had....hotrod...where's reddog when you need him?

Allen could be great if he puts it all togther.  AJM, I'm not convinced based on what I have seen from him.  Your problem is you some how think every Bill is great. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen could be great if he puts it all togther.  AJM, I'm not convinced based on what I have seen from him.  Your problem is you some how think every Bill is great. 

That is not what he or I have been saying at all!!!

we need to see a product on the field in Buffalo and not just think they will fail which in all honesty is what you portray.   

As for getting upset.   Why don’t you respond to my post?   I know you don’t have me on ignore as seen by what you post.  

MehCarron and people who think Nate would have done well in the Chargers game.   

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I mean we really should be in wait and see mode on these QB's.......but we should be supporting them and the team while we do it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean we really should be in wait and see mode on these QB's.......but we should be supporting them and the team while we do it.

I am very optimistic about our Rookie's prospects. Our vets not so much.

I am in wait and see mode.  I'll be rooting for him to maximize his potential such that we don't have to worry about QB for another 15 years.  I see a lot of Big Ben in his game.  Hoping for the best. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I am in wait and see mode.  I'll be rooting for him to maximize his potential such that we don't have to worry about QB for another 15 years.  I see a lot of Big Ben in his game.  Hoping for the best. 

Big Ben (with the off field stuff) is my hope as well

Ben was put into a position to succeed and not asked to do to much in his first year...A good running game and a stifling D backed him up....hoping for the same.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

McCarron and Peterman.

Oh your just talking QBs

Its a wait and see on them to I guess

Big Ben (with the off field stuff) is my hope as well

Ben was put into a position to succeed and not asked to do to much in his first year...A good running game and a stifling D backed him up....hoping for the same.

I think that will be a challenge with the lack of talent at OL and WR.  The D has a chance to be good with the assembled talent. 

I haven't seen much AJ McCarron either in the pros or in college but the bits I have seen my expectations for him as the Bills' starter are low. I thought he played a reasonable game in that playoff loss to Pittsburgh but other than that the bits of his NFL tape I have seen are not impressive. 

I'd be shocked if he starts more than 4 games at this stage and I think there is a 50/50 chance Allen beats him out in pre-season and starts week 1. 

I was no Tyrod fanboy.... but to the people saying "McCarron should be able to do at least as well as Tyrod"..... my question is "why should he?"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

then become a damn browns fan. why do you even come on here? btw , the browns have hyde, landry, gordon and what's his name te. ....and i'll take that bet right now. points scored, ypg, passing stats, you name it. easy money. at least the bills offense will be entertaining compared to the past few years.

What team have you been watching?? That nate hackkett marrone offense was bore city.

The bills offense was entertaining in 2015 and 2016. Before then it was a bore. Then in 2017 They nuetered the concepts and cut the players that helped tyrod put up points despite his shortcomings as a passer. Tyrods gone. Get over it.

And on paper. Ill say it right now the browns offense is better than hours. Compare rosters. The coaching and how well the players adapt to the schemes Haley and Daboll come up with will decide who puts up more ppg. The only thing holding the Bengals to 5 wins max is Tyrod plays against the teams that have him owned twice in a season with some better talent around him.

Edited by FearLess Price

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

well i think nate will turn heads now. between a.j., nate and josh, we will be the talk of the league until the opening day of the season. i feel totally secure with each of them however the way they may see the field.

I feel totally insecure with all 3 and if I feel like that still come September I hope they start the rook.... because even though I am doubtful about him reaching it - Josh Allen's potential is great. I honestly think AJ probably is who he is... and that likely isn't good enough. Oh and Peterman still sucks. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I feel totally insecure with all 3 and if I feel like that still come September I hope they start the rook.... because even though I am doubtful about him reaching it - Josh Allen's potential is great. I honestly think AJ probably is who he is... and that likely isn't good enough. Oh and Peterman still sucks. 

Worst case and you are right, which I find unlikely, I’ll still enjoy Alabama rolling over its competitors.

What’s your backup plan?

Edited by Sky Diver

5 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

You didn't even respond to my post. I said to go ahead and be critical. Just call the criticism for what it is.  To call it a "highlight" clip is lazy and passive aggressive. And yes my point in a previous point was to pick from some of the best QBs and say I can find faults (I can) and be a douche and call it a "highlight" clip.

Let me separate my point from other verbage....  Do YOU agree the title should have been called something other the "highlights"?  If yes,  we are on the same page regardless of how it is stated (or regurgitated). If not,  I guess there is no hope of being sensible.

PS AJ is NO WHERE the same tier as Brees, Brady,  and Rogers.

No it shouldn't be called a highlight clip.

6 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

People keep saying this, yet no one has brought one of those videos to the table.

I don't know how to make videos and upload them to Youtube...but do you really dispute the notion that a person could pick out 10 bad plays from literally any QB that's ever played and make a similar video? Unless you dispute the notion that, say, Tom Brady has ever HAD 10 bad plays, then I don't see why you'd find it so hard to believe that such a video could be made. 

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The Browns offered the Bengals a 2nd and a 3rd rd draft pick for McCarron, but they didn't submit the paperwork in in time. They got TT for a 3rd rd pick.

It was a different GM that offered the 2nd and 3rd round pick, during the season

than

The GM that traded for TT in the new league year.

Do you know that?  It's not entirely clear from what you post that you do

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The Browns traded for TT on March 10 and McCarron was a FA on March 14. That's been well established.

No, it's not "well established". 

No trades can be registered with the league office before 14 March 4 pm, the start of the new league year.

But, teams can agree to terms of a trade before then.

No FA can be officially signed before 14 March 4 pm, but official discussions are allowed starting 12 March, and everyone knows that agents and GMs are meeting in bars and holding "theoretical discussions" long before then

Just now, JerseyBills said:

2-2 , if not for Jeremy Hill , he's 3-1 with a playoff W over Pit, including a clutch 4th atr drive Taylor hasn't pulled off in 3 years

You act as if AJM lit things up as the CIN QB.  He didn't.  WRT a 4th qtr drive: Bills vs. Tampa Bay 2017 at New Era.  

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was a different GM that offered the 2nd and 3rd round pick, during the season

than

The GM that traded for TT in the new league year.

Do you know that?  It's not entirely clear from what you post that you do

No, it's not "well established". 

No trades can be registered with the league office before 14 March 4 pm, the start of the new league year.

But, teams can agree to terms of a trade before then.

No FA can be officially signed before 14 March 4 pm, but official discussions are allowed starting 12 March, and everyone knows that agents and GMs are meeting in bars and holding "theoretical discussions" long before then

The TT trade was announced on the 9th, not the 10th. My mistake.

Edited by Sky Diver

13 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Here’s the question.... if Allen looks good enough in the preseason, do the Bills get rid of either Peterman or McCarron?  IMO I think it never hurts to have 3 QB’s.  Some view it as a waste of roster spot 

Quibbling over roster spots is stupid. We have plenty of roster spots. 

43 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The TT trade was announced on the 9th, not the 10th. My mistake.

That's not your important mistake.

Whenever it was announced, the trade was still not official until March 14th at 4 pm.

Second time this official NFL date source has been linked for you in this thread, but this time I'll cut-n-paste the relevant part:

March 14            Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

17 hours ago, aristocrat said:

we don't need him to be a stud we need him to manage the games.  that's what tyrod did.  and mccarron in college threw for 74 tds, 15 picks and 8700 yards in three years as a starter. those are great numbers.  but again we need him to manage the games

Yup it has already been said the offense runs through Shady.  "Shady will be a big part of our plans in 2018"

6 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Worst case and you are right, which I find unlikely, I’ll still enjoy Alabama rolling over its competitors.

What’s your backup plan?

If I only watched the Bills when they and their Quarterback were good I'd be long gone. 

Edited by GunnerBill