Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And then they determined that they were better off giving up the 65th pick and $16M of cap space for TT instead of 0 draft picks and $10M for 2 years of McCarron when given the choice. The offer you are referencing was made by the 1-31 FO. What actually happened was decisions by the new FO.

Except they didn't have that choice unless they have a crystal ball.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

I don't think we know what either if them is, but the Bills think highly of both, and their process seems to be working okay so far. I don't see any reason not to be optimistic.

McCarron was 2 - 1 with the Bengals, and should have been 3 - 0, except the Bengal imploded.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-have-playoff-meltdown-for-the-ages-vs-steelers-5-things-to-know/

They beat two 5-11 teams with much lower offensive production (184 passing yards/game) with AJM at the helm. 

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

They knew he won his grievance on February 15th and would be available in FA. Well before any trades were made.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916449/article/aj-mccarron-wins-grievance-will-be-free-agent-in-march

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They beat two 5-11 teams with much lower offensive production (184 passing yards/game) with AJM at the helm. 

They were also 10-2 prior to Dalton's injury.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

They knew was a pending UFA well before the signing period began.  Not sure why you are trying to deny the reality of them deciding it was better to trade for Taylor. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBF, that's like a "low light" set of GIFs that guy put together.

A couple more balanced views (game film starts at 40 sec on the first one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjJbu_O3n4

Cover1 Film Room (get into the game film about 10 min in)

Last but not least, 2015 Highlights.  I love it, but it could just be because I'd love anything featuring Dire Straights Sultans of Swing

Breh. You jus sold me on AJ McCarron. It makes taking Allen > Rosen a little easier to deal with.

that song hit the spot. And im a padawan compared to yall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

T

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They knew was a pending UFA well before the signing period began.  Not sure why you are trying to deny the reality of them deciding it was better to trade for Taylor. 

The Browns traded for TT on March 10 and McCarron was a FA on March 14. That's been well established.

What is your point? We should have resigned TT?

Edited by Sky Diver

7 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Or i just think that AJ McCarron is a not so good NFL Staritng QB who will get benched very quickly. But hey if that makes me an attention seeking Poser then LOOK AT ME LOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. HERE I AM. LOOK AT ME!!!!

I've heard/read people talking about McCaron getting the Bills a number one pick because teams will want to trade for him. because he is going to put up 4,000 yards. When he took over for Dalton the Bengals offense slowed to a crawl and McCaron despite his winning record was downright awful at times.

McCarron is what he is, and that is a backup QB, who if he starts routinely your team is in trouble.

So in your minds the Bills can do no wrong. Go it.?

well ...he's gonna routinely start come sept. and i will expect to see nfl caliber qb'ing for the 1st time since orton...and that ain't asking for much. he's 10x better at qb than what we have had to put up with.

9 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well ...he's gonna routinely start come sept. and i will expect to see nfl caliber qb'ing for the 1st time since orton...and that ain't asking for much. he's 10x better at qb than what we have had to put up with.

Based on what?

24 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

he's 10x better at qb than what we have had to put up with.

Really? Yet we somehow got him for 1/3 the cap space and no draft picks given up. I guess there's a bunch of Bills fans that expect McCarron to give us better passing than we had the past 3 seasons. I would love for that to happen but I'm definitely not counting on it. If McCarron starts all year our offense will likely be one of the worst in the league across the board - and that's fine! I'd rather we deal with that for a season than ruin Allen's development.

51 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

T

The Browns traded for TT on March 10 and McCarron was a FA on March 14. That's been well established.

What is your point? We should have resigned TT?

No. My point is the Browns didn't want AJM and preferred to give up a 3rd round pick and pay Tyrod more money because he's a better option as a bridge and mentor for their new QB. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. My point is the Browns didn't want AJM and preferred to give up a 3rd round pick and pay Tyrod more money because he's a better option as a bridge and mentor for their new QB. 

Your premise is that the Browns know what they are doing.  

Also.   What happened last season when the trade didn’t go through in time as someone forgot to check the fax machine or email?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/31/browns-trade-for-aj-mccarron-reportedly-fails-because-team-too-busy-celebrating-it/

funny they wanted him at the end of  16.    

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Really? Yet we somehow got him for 1/3 the cap space and no draft picks given up. I guess there's a bunch of Bills fans that expect McCarron to give us better passing than we had the past 3 seasons. I would love for that to happen but I'm definitely not counting on it. If McCarron starts all year our offense will likely be one of the worst in the league across the board - and that's fine! I'd rather we deal with that for a season than ruin Allen's development.

well get back to me when he has a 56 yd. passing game or can't manage to put more than 3 points on the board, cause i don't see that ineptness happening again with this team anytime soon.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Also.   What happened last season when the trade didn’t go through in time as someone forgot to check the fax machine or email?

wait..what?....must be a lot of people missed that. i may be wrong but i thought they were prepared to give up 2 2nds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You fail to answer questions.  

How many teams were still looking for a QB at that time?  

It is very likely that Cleveland took Taylor as a 1 year rental.  

Signing AJ last year could have given them a bumper before having to pay the 5th year option maybe?  

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBF, that's like a "low light" set of GIFs that guy put together.

A couple more balanced views (game film starts at 40 sec on the first one)

Cover1 Film Room (get into the game film about 10 min in)

Last but not least, 2015 Highlights.  I love it, but it could just be because I'd love anything featuring Dire Straights Sultans of Swing

maybe the twit from twitter  shared in the OP should watch this but I'm believing he is more interested in the low lights and avoids the positives with his obvious agenda.

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You fail to answer questions.  

How many teams were still looking for a QB at that time?  

It is very likely that Cleveland took Taylor as a 1 year rental.  

Signing AJ last year could have given them a bumper before having to pay the 5th year option maybe?  

if he was so much better, McBeane would of kept him another year. it wasn't about saving money as much as some think, as it was he was NOT the better option imo and he is gone and McCarron is here.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

Breh. You jus sold me on AJ McCarron. It makes taking Allen > Rosen a little easier to deal with.

that song hit the spot. And im a padawan compared to yall

Great song.  Classic.  "Saving it up...for Friday Night"

I may go watch those highlights again - just to hear the song of course.  B-)

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

wait..what?....must be a lot of people missed that. i may be wrong but i thought they were prepared to give up 2 2nds.

A second and a third for AJ McCarron!!!  Per the link above — 

The Browns reportedly appealed to the league to allow the deal, which would have sent 2018 second- and third-round picks to the Bengals,

But they sent the email to a subordinate and not the lead guy.  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I remember when some of the people in this thread thought Peterman was going to do well against the Chargers.  Shows what they know about QBs. :lol:

Instead of trying to elicit a bad response please address Cleveland’s attempted trade for AJM last season.  

2nd and 3rd in 18.  

What did we get for Tyrod again?

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/31/browns-trade-for-aj-mccarron-reportedly-fails-because-team-too-busy-celebrating-it/

funny they wanted him at the end of  16.    

They aren't employed any more because they were incompetent. Their replacements were the ones who opted to give up 65 for Tyrod instead of signing FA McCarron.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They aren't employed any more because they were incompetent. Their replacements were the ones who opted to give up 65 for Tyrod instead of signing FA McCarron.

Incompetent they were.  

Still it it doesn’t change the fact that the Browns wanted AJ McCarron.   

As to their replacements - a year passed as did the FO plan at Qb. 

I’ve said it before Tyrod will get them 5 wins or so.  The question is how long do they retain him?

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ill be willing to bet a lot of money the Browns offense under Tyrod will be better than the Bills under McCarron. Tyrod will prove he's the better QB. 

A friendly you were right and I was wrong bet is acceptable for me. 

My point was contrary to the post that the Browns didn’t want AJ.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Incompetent they were.  

Still it it doesn’t change the fact that the Browns wanted AJ McCarron.   

As to their replacements - a year passed as did the FO plan at Qb. 

I’ve said it before Tyrod will get them 5 wins or so.  The question is how long do they retain him?

They wanted McCarron mid-season, when Tyrod wasn't available.

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

If he’s as raw as everyone says he is, he should not have been drafted at #7. 

That horse kind of left the stable, wouldn't you say?

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. My point is the Browns didn't want AJM and preferred to give up a 3rd round pick and pay Tyrod more money because they believe he's a better option as a bridge and mentor for their new QB. 

FIFY

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. My point is the Browns didn't want AJM and preferred to give up a 3rd round pick and pay Tyrod more money because they believe he's a better option as a bridge and mentor for their new QB. 

FIFY

Excellent edit :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I remember when some of the people in this thread thought Peterman was going to do well against the Chargers.  Shows what they know about QBs. :lol:

Why do you go to such great lengths to tear down Bills players? 

It’s rather odd.

What team do you actually root for?

Easy call.  AJM had a team loaded with weapons in CIN and produced less than Tyrod. 

You sir are a bore. You have been banished to the ignore list.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

*raises hand*

I've pointed out some limitations of McCarron - that overall, his offensive productivity was lower than Taylors because his passing productivity was about the same and he lacks the legs - but actually I DO expect him to give us a better passing game than we had the past 3 seasons.  I expect him to make mistakes because VR (do the Bills use this?)/film are not the same as what you see on the field and that just goes with the low playing time territory.

McCarron does seem to be able to make reads and progressions and throw with anticipation and into tight windows better than Taylor could, so even though the offensive productivity may be lower, I do expect the passing game to be less frustrating to watch and overall 'better' in terms of doing what a passing game should do. 

I also think that Daboll may be able to tailor something that will get the most out of McCarron's game.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It’s rather odd.

Should I pretend every Bills' player is an All-Pro? I root for the Bills and I also want them to acquire better players as upgrades every time they have an opportunity to do so.  It's no different than when Tolbert was a Buffalo Bill.

Keep hope alive for marginal prospects if you wish. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Should I pretend every Bills' player is an All-Pro? I root for the Bills and I also want them to acquire better players as upgrades every time they have an opportunity to do so. 

corner I am gonna say this much....as much as I respect your posts on this board you better hope Allen does not end up being a good player...you have really painted yourself into a corner since the draft.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It’s rather odd.

You sir are a bore. You have been banished to the ignore list.

What's odd is blind loyalty and football fans getting the vapors over a differing opinion. Please ignore me, too, while you're at it. You're the bore. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Should I pretend every Bills' player is an All-Pro? I root for the Bills and I also want them to acquire better players as upgrades every time they have an opportunity to do so.  It's no different than when Tolbert was a Buffalo Bill.

No but a bit of optimism doesn’t hurt.  

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

corner I am gonna say this much....as much as I respect your posts on this board you better hope Allen does not end up being a good player...you have really painted yourself into a corner since the draft.

I haven't pained myself into anything because his story is yet to be told. I repeat.  He's a Boom or Bust prospect who has the physical tools, the intelligence, and the work ethic  to make it.  That does not mean he will as he has deficiencies to overcome. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Or McCarron, or Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Ill be willing to bet a lot of money the Browns offense under Tyrod will be better than the Bills under McCarron. Tyrod will prove he's the better QB. 

then become a damn browns fan. why do you even come on here? btw , the browns have hyde, landry, gordon and what's his name te. ....and i'll take that bet right now. points scored, ypg, passing stats, you name it. easy money. at least the bills offense will be entertaining compared to the past few years.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I haven't pained myself into anything because his story is yet to be told. I repeat.  He's a Boom or Bust prospect who has the physical tools, the intelligence, and the hard work to make it.  That does not mean he will as he has deficiencies to overcome. 

Yet you campaign constantly that both AJ McCarron and Josh Allen won’t be any good.   

So so you are painting yourself into a corner.  

Feelfree to ignore this rational post as well. 

I haven't pained myself into anything because his story is yet to be told. I repeat.  He's a Boom or Bust prospect who has the physical tools, the intelligence, and the hard work to make it.  That does not mean he will as he has deficiencies to overcome. 

that is not the story you are painting with your posts on Allen.

I mean that in all sincerity I have absolutely no ax to grind with you.