Are you a fan of Josh Allen?

Josh Allen Poll  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love you some Josh Allen?

• Yes, that’s my guy now
    • No, I didn’t want him and I’m not happy

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He really blossomed at Wisconsin as a Senior before he was drafted. 

Yes and his stats were pretty consistent at  NC State prior to going to a better program.  So do you think that a 57% passer at NC State for 3 years magically jumped to 72.8 at Wisconsin or possibly the program and talent level had something to do with it?

Edited by Magnum Force

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

CFB passing has changed quite a bit since 1982.  More recent examples should be used for the purposes of comparison.

sure,  but i guess the point was if you just use past performance as an indicator of future performance, you can be wrong. I hate using cliches to critique players or assess performance. It's lazy and probably wrong. My initial point was from the poster that couldn't understand how he had Allen as a 4th rounder and NFL professionals had him as a 1st. Kind of cocky.

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah hopefully he doesn’t get us into the playoffs.  

i support  anyone on the bills. What a weird poll.  That being said the way tyrod was treated here it won’t be long till half the fan base turns on Allen.  Something will be wrong w his game.  You just wait and see. 

Yes, Tyrod was the reason we made the playoffs lmao

6 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah hopefully he doesn’t get us into the playoffs.  

i support  anyone on the bills. What a weird poll.  That being said the way tyrod was treated here it won’t be long till half the fan base turns on Allen.  Something will be wrong w his game.  You just wait and see. 

many dislike him already, it's nuts. Regardless of your views on the draft, he's our future. I'm excited to see what happens next.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He really blossomed at Wisconsin as a Senior before he was drafted. 

Yeah but that's kind of the point. He didn't become 15% more accurate when he transferred, he just went to a better school. If he had stayed at NC State and had a 57% completion rate his senior year he wouldn't have gone on to have a different NFL career. If you want to know how accurate a QB is you need to watch the tape.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Yes and his stats were pretty consistent at  NC State prior to going to a better program.  So do you think that a 57% passer at NC State for 3 years jumped to 72.8 at Wisconsin or possibly the program and talent level had something to do with it?

I think it was a mostly Wilson maturing and focusing on football. I think he would have done better in a final year at NC State if they had chosen him over Glennon. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah but that's kind of the point. He didn't become 15% more accurate when he transferred, he just went to a better school. If he had stayed at NC State and had a 57% completion rate his senior year he wouldn't have gone on to have a different NFL career. If you want to know how accurate a QB is you need to watch the tape.

I agree with that. You can see accuracy of a QB regardless of the caliber of talent he plays with. 

Absolutely hated the pick (not the person), think the overwhelming evidence is this type of player busts at a really high rate, not going to make insane comparisons to Hall of Fame qbs and their college stats 30 years ago to make myself feel better, & think we will regret passing on Rosen.

That said, of course I’m a fan because he’s a Bill.  I think it was a terrible pick but nothing would make me happier than him becoming our next great qb.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Absolutely hated the pick (not the person), think the overwhelming evidence is this type of player busts at a really high rate, not going to make insane comparisons to Hall of Fame qbs and their college stats 30 years ago to make myself feel better, & think we will regret passing on Rosen.

That said, of course I’m a fan because he’s a Bill.  I think it was a terrible pick but nothing would make me happier than him becoming our next great qb.

Now the real question....if it pans out will you buy his jersey?

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I was going to get his jersey but the last 2 rookie jerseys I bought were EJ Manuel and Zay Jones. I don't think it would be wise to test my luck again.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was going to get his jersey but the last 2 rookie jerseys I bought were EJ Manuel and Zay Jones. I don't think it would be wise to test my luck again.

Then get a Darnold jersey and work your magic lol

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm glad to see the numbers on this poll.   I will admit I was in the Rosen camp but even he had red flags for me.  I was quick to become a fan of Allen's and so hopeful that he is the guy we have been searching for.   I can't say I was shocked by the overall disappointment when the Allen pick came in.  I was shocked however by the hatred pointed at Allen in the days following.   This poll shows that Bills fans have warmed up to this kid are willing to give him a chance.  Definitely nice to see.  

22 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I have a rule now not to buy a jersey of someone younger than me (which is pretty much every player now :( ).  I still with the throwbacks (Andre Reed) and Bills’ apparel (I think we have the best t shirt and gear in pro sports).  It’s much safer than spending money on a jersey of a player they get rid of it two years (Sammy and Kiko).  

I will I’ll say that if Allen becomes a franchise qb, he can marry my mom. :)

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

....then what about the overwhelming evidence over the past decade of 1st round QB's who were assuredly destined for stardom but busted?....and that list is long...NEVER is an exact science no matter with the "evidence" is or is NOT.....and Josh "Nine Mistakes Ahead Of Me" Rosen is the ideal guy I want as a teammate?.......whiny little diva beotch who hasn't even stepped on the field yet?.....I'd be at the airport with my WELCOME PUTZ banner when his HIGH horse came ridin' in...SMH.....

9 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I'm glad to see the numbers on this poll.   I will admit I was in the Rosen camp but even he had red flags for me.  I was quick to become a fan of Allen's and so hopeful that he is the guy we have been searching for.   I can't say I was shocked by the overall disappointment when the Allen pick came in.  I was shocked however by the hatred pointed at Allen in the days following.   This poll shows that Bills fans have warmed up to this kid are willing to give him a chance.  Definitely nice to see.  

1). The tweets didn’t help

2). I’d like to think it wasn’t about the person but rather the pick.  I don’t particularly trust the staff st identifying offensive talent, much less a qb.

in my non professional opinion, Rosen looks much more like a safer bet to be a good nfl qb. I was underwhelmed in the games I saw Allen and hoped he wasn’t going to be the pick.

but it shouldn’t have ever been personal.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1). The tweets didn’t help

2). I’d like to think it wasn’t about the person but rather the pick.  I don’t particularly trust the staff st identifying offensive talent, much less a qb.

in my non professional opinion, Rosen looks much more like a safer bet to be a good nfl qb. I was underwhelmed in the games I saw Allen and hoped he wasn’t going to be the pick.

but it shouldn’t have ever been personal.

Underwhelmed by Rosen.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....then what about the overwhelming evidence over the past decade of 1st round QB's who were assuredly destined for stardom but busted?....and that list is long...NEVER is an exact science no matter with the "evidence" is or is NOT.....and Josh "Nine Mistakes Ahead Of Me" Rosen is the ideal guy I want as a teammate?.......whiny little diva beotch who hasn't even stepped on the field yet?.....I'd be at the airport with my WELCOME PUTZ banner when his HIGH horse came ridin' in...SMH.....

Yup, 50% of first round qbs bust. Don’t disagree.  But Qbs who complete under 60% of their passes in college, much less at Wyoming, bust at like 90%.

its also funny how most people say they aren’t trashing Allen as a person yet you just are ripping a 21 year old who don’t even know. Stay classy.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I have a rule now not to buy a jersey of someone younger than me (which is pretty much every player now :( ).  I still with the throwbacks (Andre Reed) and Bills’ apparel (I think we have the best t shirt and gear in pro sports).  It’s much safer than spending money on a jersey of a player they get rid of it two years (Sammy and Kiko).  

I will I’ll say that if Allen becomes a franchise qb, he can marry my mom. :)

This is the best I have felt about Buffalo sports in a long time.  

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Interesting. 

And nf still I question that the Bills have the offensive coaching staff in place to develop Allen.

While I agree to a point that we don't know if Deball will be another Pederson and all we fans can do is hope he is close to that good.

I think the more important issue is the offensive line and the fact that McD has already stated the best man will win the starting job. This scares the hell out of me because i think Allen will win the starting job and then get ruined along the way. Even if he doesn't win the starting job and the Bills have him as the third string I think the first two (AJ & Mr 5 pick) will get destroyed  in short order and Allen still gets ruined. 

Like Dilfer stated its imperitive that Allen sit and learn at least until that line gains some continuity and should that never happen this year then Allen should sit. JMO