Erie County Executive concerned about fan behavior

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

reductio ad absurdum.

Visit China or Germany and get back to me.

I thought today's Germany is a functioning social democracy? As for China, their crackdown on press freedoms and individual liberties are praised by the current commander in chief as a model to follow. 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought today's Germany is a functioning social democracy? As for China, their crackdown on press freedoms and individual liberties are praised by the current commander in chief as a model to follow. 

China's also eating our lunch, and has been since....the 1990s?

Try harder.

Also, for the reading challenged, I was citing governments that are working...in contrast to ours.

Edited by joesixpack

Not that I love all the crazy stupidity on gamedays, but if it's on private property they can do whatever the *&!& they want for the most part. Took me two seconds to realize this guy is a Democrat, and a search for his name confirms it. Take away civil liberties(if dumb%%%@@ want to jump on tables they can) on emotionally charged politics and waste a bunch of tax money in the process that solves nothing. 

Edited by BuffaloSol

17 hours ago, sullim4 said:

There are a few ways they could fix this problem without ruining the fun for everyone...

- Be much more aggressive at making arrests for drunk and disorderly conduct.  The postgame police blotter usually has what, 20 to 30 people arrested after a game?  That seems fairly low to me.

- Have the Bills fund a significantly larger police presence in the parking lots and surrounding streets.  Bring in off duty officers from other jurisdictions like Rochester if you have to.

- Require all private parking lots to apply for a free permit.  Place a zero tolerance policy on fan misbehavior and if any officer gets a complaint about inappropriate behavior from a source other than the lot or its owners, revoke the lot's permit for the remainder of the season AND the following season.

It's not exactly rocket science.  This goes on because the law isn't enforced and the consequences aren't severe enough.  Enforce the law, put teeth in them, and these problems solve themselves.

Business zone properties are required  to Pay for a parking permit while Residential zone properties Don't have to pay for a permit. You shut down a parking lot because of the actions of moron parkers, what do you think the morons will do. Stay home or park in another Lot? I have signs with rules on them which covers my arse. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Not that I love all the crazy stupidity on gamedays, but if it's on private property they can do whatever the *&!& they want for the most part. Took me two seconds to realize this guy is a Democrat, and a search for his name confirms it. Take away civil liberties(if dumb%%%@@ want to jump on tables they can) on emotionally charged politics and waste a bunch of tax money in the process that solves nothing. 

I have signs on my property which say no tableslamming yet it happens. I guess this year I will have to have a age requirement to get in. No one under the age of 30 is allowed on the property. 

17 hours ago, Gigs said:

Nah. Bills fans will keep doing this until someone dies from injury or ends up being paralyzed badly. Christopher Reeve merely fell off of a horse. Once that happens, he/she becomes the poster child for what not to do at Bills games. 

Either way, this table slamming isn’t going to last. Either it stops because of remorse and regret or the gov steps in and holds everyone’s hands. 

How is football a kids game? That’s like saying being a cop is a kids job because every kid plays cops and robbers

The table slammers went from ground level to jumping off Rv's and buses. This has to stop before some one gets paralyzed. My Father 2 weeks before he scrummed from his injuries was paralyzed. My Mom and I were in the paralyzed ward of one of the best hospitals in the US. The heartbreak/helplessness we felt along with seeing other patients family's struggle seeing a loved one paralyzed, I wish on no one. I hope this part of of Marks quote "... you're putting yourself at risk" will lead to the use of Protective Custody. I would rather see Security take action before than have Emergency Medical services be involved with preventable injuries after. 

2 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

The table slammers went from ground level to jumping off Rv's and buses. This has to stop before some one gets paralyzed. My Father 2 weeks before he scrummed from his injuries was paralyzed. My Mom and I were in the paralyzed ward of one of the best hospitals in the US. The heartbreak/helplessness we felt along with seeing other patients family's struggle seeing a loved one paralyzed, I wish on no one. I hope this part of of Marks quote "... you're putting yourself at risk" will lead to the use of Protective Custody. I would rather see Security take action before than have Emergency Medical services be involved with preventable injuries after. 

I agree, but we both know which unfortunate path these table slammers are heading down. 

28 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Business zone properties are required  to Pay for a parking permit while Residential zone properties Don't have to pay for a permit. You shut down a parking lot because of the actions of moron parkers, what do you think the morons will do. Stay home or park in another Lot? I have signs with rules on them which covers my arse. 

I have signs on my property which say no tableslamming yet it happens. I guess this year I will have to have a age requirement to get in. No one under the age of 30 is allowed on the property. 

I skipped this thread until saw you were last post. I am always one who does not think there is an issue at Bills games, never have. Y'all know that. And i don't think it is an age only thing, think it is a dumb thing!

Hammer you know the crew I came with is made up of a bunch of 20 somethings..and we have never had an issue. Now them boys like to have a few pops and play some drinking games, as do I, but never an incident. 

In terms taking a license/permit...how the hell you going to keep people from walking onto a lot?

1 hour ago, BuffaloSol said:

Well, here we have probably the premier representative of private lots saying they should have security/cops intervene. So there you go. Maybe try to think independently about a problem instead of the stupid partisan politics game tearing apart the country.

48 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Honestly, some of the behavior does need to be toned down a little bit.  People are going to hurt themselves.  That being said, i don't think making more laws and cracking down on the lot owners is the answer.  I think the answer is having a larger police presence in and around the stadium.  Anybody walking in the game that is too shitfaced to control themselves gets turned away.  Anybody who gets to that point during the game gets ejected.  Give the security guards doing bag searches and running the metal detectors the ability to deny entry.  IMO it's as simple as forcing people to cut back on the drinking before the game.  Let people do what they want on private property, but the second they try and get into the game make it known that that level of intoxication is unacceptable.

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I skipped this thread until saw you were last post. I am always one who does not think there is an issue at Bills games, never have. Y'all know that. And i don't think it is an age only thing, think it is a dumb thing!

Hammer you know the crew I came with is made up of a bunch of 20 somethings..and we have never had an issue. Now them boys like to have a few pops and play some drinking games, as do I, but never an incident. 

In terms taking a license/permit...how the hell you going to keep people from walking onto a lot?

Perhaps I should say those under the age of 30 must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult. Do you know of anyone who could chaperone them?

Edited by Hammered a Lot

2 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Perhaps I should say those under the age of 30 must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult. Do you know of anyone who could chaperone them?

well, I am 55, but not sure I would ever be called Responsible! Altough I do keep in line by wooping their behinds in beer pong!

I truly only remember the one dude table slamming in your lot..before the Colts game. Maybe that's why I don't think this is a major issue..I just dont see it very often.