5-2: Eric Galko Reviews the Bills' Draft on WGR

Personally, I'd prefer to take it slow, maybe wait a year for the o-line and wr corps to be significantly upgraded.  At minimum, I'd be hesitant to thrust Allen onto the field the first half of the season which is largely on the road against some tough teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, APoxOnYou said:

Maybe Eric Galko isn't the best person to ask about this. I mean he is a stats guy and Allen being successful may not be in his best interest...

Agreed.  He has a bit of vested interest in saying that a guy that doesn’t fit his model is less than successful.

i am completely confident that Josh Rosen will look better in year 1 and maybe year 2.  If Allen doesn’t ultimately surpass Rosen, it will be a draft error to the extent Rosen is better.

13 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Galko:

"It’d be an anomaly based off of his scouting report, advanced analytics, simple completion %, historical records, it’d be an anomaly if Josh Allen is successful in the NFL."

Given the fact that only about 30% of Quarterbacks become good players in the NFL, any player who "makes it" is the anomaly.   

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Given the fact that only about 30% of Quarterbacks become good players in the NFL, any player who "makes it" is the anomaly.   

Well, given that most experts had Allen as a 3rd round iffy project type of pick, if he ever makes it in the NFL it will be a triple-super-duper-anomaly.

16 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Well, given that most experts had Allen as a 3rd round iffy project type of pick, if he ever makes it in the NFL it will be a triple-super-duper-anomaly.

They did?! Most I have seen had him last acted as a first round potential star type of player. Aside from the one guy you posted that I never heard of, what other experts had him pegged as a 3rd round “iffy” project?

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

QBASE had Wentz and Prescott being busts. So much for analytics.

23 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

#fakenews

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

How about this: give me 3 names of anyone who was huge on Josh Allen.

They don't exist.

Daniel Jeremiah had Allen as the 14th best overall player in the draft. link

Mike Mayock had Allen as his 9th best overall player in the draft. link

Matt Miller had Allen as his 7th best overall player in the draft. link

And finally, the Bills FO clearly were huge on Josh Allen. They traded up to 7 and selected him.

Can you find me a single person who has any history with the league that had Allen as a 3rd rounder? Let alone 5?

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Daniel Jeremiah had Allen as the 14th best overall player in the draft. link

Mike Mayock had Allen as his 9th best overall player in the draft. link

Matt Miller had Allen as his 7th best overall player in the draft. link

And finally, the Bills FO clearly were huge on Josh Allen. They traded up to 7 and selected him.

Can you find me a single person who has any history with the league that had Allen as a 3rd rounder? Let alone 5?

Let’s not forget kiper.... I think he’s awful but for the sake of argument.... 

@Fadingpain looking silly in this thread