McDermott wanted nothing do to with Brandon-Paul Hamilton WGR

3 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Hamilton always throws out comments like that. He has been doing it over Sabres lockeroom disfunction for a while, but never gets into details.

What cracks me up about Hamilton is, when something big with the Sabres happens, he puts on his matter of fact voice and says "oh yea, that's no surprise, I saw that coming a mile away" yet never even hinted at that thing happening before it actually happened.  

Must be nice to be paid as a reporter/commentator yet never actually break any news. 

5 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

FWIW...

Paul Hamilton just said that there was an incident with Sean McDermott and Russ Brandon which led to McDermott cutting off Brandon from his area of the organization.

So, reading Vic Carruci's article in today's BN and connecting the dots, it simply appears that McD did not want Russ to have anything to do with the draft and/or war room.   If that indeed is the wall put up in front of Brandon, it makes Hamilton look like the absolute fool he is for protraying it as an "incident."   

These 'GR jamokes are the absolute worst...

The Pegulas have certainly seen their share of dysfunction during their ownership tenure(s): 

1) Ron Rolston taking over for Lindy Ruff

2) Tim Murray having such a toxic relationship with Ted Nolan that they ceased to speak

3) Tim Murray himself and his strange way with the media

4) Firing Dan Bylsma after 2 years because he was embroiled in a power struggle with Jack Eichel

5) Ted Black's mysterious termination

6) Doug Marrone quitting on them

7) Hiring Rex Ryan and pairing him with Doug Whaley

8) Allowing Doug Whaley to engage in power struggles with two coaching staffs

9) Letting Doug Whaley speak to the media and contradict his coaching staff

10) LATE ADD: The Pat Lafontaine debacle 

11) Russ Brandon scandal

12) Failed Tank and inadvertent second tank

13) The arena on Sabres gamenights

...........feel free to add more. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

So, reading Vic Carruci's article in today's BN and connecting the dots, it simply appears that McD did not want Russ to have anything to do with the draft and/or war room.   If that indeed is the wall put up in front of Brandon, it makes Hamilton look like the absolute fool he is for protraying it as an "incident."   

These 'GR jamokes are the absolute worst...

I would listen to what he said; it implies something different.

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

The Pegulas have certainly seen their share of dysfunction during their ownership tenure(s): 

1) Ron Rolston taking over for Lindy Ruff

2) Tim Murray having such a toxic relationship with Ted Nolan that they ceased to speak

3) Tim Murray himself and his strange way with the media

4) Firing Dan Bylsma after 2 years because he was embroiled in a power struggle with Jack Eichel

5) Ted Black's mysterious termination

6) Doug Marrone quitting on them

7) Hiring Rex Ryan and pairing him with Doug Whaley

8) Allowing Doug Whaley to engage in power struggles with two coaching staffs

9) Letting Doug Whaley speak to the media and contradict his coaching staff

10) LATE ADD: The Pat Lafontaine debacle 

11) Russ Brandon scandal

12) Failed Tank and inadvertent second tank

13) The arena on Sabres gamenights

...........feel free to add more. 

Allowing Rex Ryan to hire Rob Ryan after he ran the league's worst D

Terry Pegula suggesting someone represent the league "because you're black" (allegedly)

Incognito taking a pay cut then retiring

Eric Wood giving a "press conference' to announce he was ... hanging around but not playing

Anquan Boldin signing then quitting

Some oddities with various staff getting fired, equipment guys, office staff, the entire scouting dept, etc

I bet there are more...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You just don’t get the power a President of a company has over employees, do you?

And what happens if the woman becomes scorned and accuses Brandon of things and sues the Bills because she felt she had to have a relationship with him to keep her job?

Now do you get the picture?

I shook his hand once (Russell's),seriously,I could tell within minutes the man was arrogant and a control type.The people in the small circle just listened to him,I thought to myself "this guy is a (fill in the blank). Other folks at the fundraiser felt the same way....moorman (punter) was there....talk about a cool dude!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mead107 said:

What do the wife’s have to say? 

Brandon's wife was never/rarely in attendance for team dinners (although he did usually pack up food to-go for her). McDermott treats public ocassions like dinners differently. His wife is with him whenever appropriate. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

You can't go around hating others for different morals. Nobody like a self righteous chode either. 

Then again, morally bankrupt leadership (however effective: i.e. Russ securing a continuing stadium lease that was/is VERY costly to break) is no longer sustainable in an era of information transparency. Charming A-holes are on the ropes. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hope so....I love soap opera NFL drama!

I hoped we were done with it and "Dysfunction Junction" was in the past, personally

8 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

FWIW...

Paul Hamilton just said that there was an incident with Sean McDermott and Russ Brandon which led to McDermott cutting off Brandon from his area of the organization.

Linky?

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Then again, morally bankrupt leadership (however effective: i.e. Russ securing a continuing stadium lease that was/is VERY costly to break) is no longer sustainable in an era of information transparency. Charming A-holes are on the ropes. 

I'm not really on Brandon's side on this, it's just the whole story is never told. Pegula's have a lot to thank Brandon for, but kinda of expected this. Pegula's are handsy owners and Brandon is just handsy for other reasons. 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hoped we were done with it and "Dysfunction Junction" was in the past, personally

Dysfunction Junction what's your function?