Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If Kim had replaced Brandon with her son or daughter, that would be nepotism.

Taking over herself is not nepotism.

It's similar enough, underqualified, got the job because she's family.

I assumed it was temporary, knowing it's permanent tells me these owners are bush league.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

48 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Right, like I said, it's a stupid comparison.

It's disanalogous to anything going on with Brandon.

Or maybe it's not.  Maybe it has some similarities, and there is some irony here.

Maybe it caused some problems as the company got bigger, and the Pegulas decided they didn't want the workplace drama and legal exposure in their companies going forward.

Or maybe they'd have been OK with it if Brandon were a bachelor but not OK when he's married with kids.

Their companies, their right to run 'em by their rules, as long as the rules are spelled out in the contracts.

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I assumed it was temporary, knowing it's permanent tells me these owners are bush league.

Put up a billboard then. Or should we expect an "Open Letter to the Ownership" thread?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or maybe it's not.  Maybe it has some similarities, and there is some irony here.

Maybe it caused some problems as the company got bigger, and the Pegulas decided they didn't want the workplace drama and legal exposure in their companies going forward.

Or maybe they'd have been OK with it if Brandon were a bachelor but not OK when he's married with kids.

Their companies, their right to run 'em by their rules, as long as the rules are spelled out in the contracts.

Agreed 100%.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

If you'd read the thread, you'd see how the Pegulas' relationship wouldn't fly today under the new precedent and rules of workplace romance.

As much as I agree that this thread must be the go-to for all education on the study of human relationships and the laws of workplace romance, I'm going to pass on reading the entire thing.

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Kim is not “family,” she’s the owner. She can do whatever she wants. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Im sure the Bills' business side is going to plummet into smoldering ruins now

Well, now the Bills will have to come up with a new business plan, maybe one that includes winning more than 9 games a season more than every 20 years or so.

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

While I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion here, both because of Brandon's (some would say deserved) unpopularity amongst the fan base, and because of a rush by SJWs and those afraid to confront them, to assume the guilt of any man accused of misbehavior; before I celebrate steps towards the financial ruin of another human being, I'd like to hear/see the evidence, know how the investigation was conducted, and hear Brandon's side.

Until then I stand opposed, on principle.

Brandon wasn't fired because of allegations of sexual misconduct.  He was fired because he lied to one of his employers, Kim Pegula.  Execs can survive all kinds of trouble -- as Brandon had proven over his years with the Marlins and the Bills -- but they're dead meat if their employers catch them lying to them.  At Brandon's pay grade, that's an unforgivable personal betrayal.

As for Brandon's financial ruin, I suggest he contact Tom Donahoe about how to deal with the reduced circumstances of a fired ex-top exec.

''

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

One could argue he is the main reason Buffalo still has the Bills and for that I commend him.    I feel really sorry for him if he exercised bad professional judgment.  Having done the same thing...I can't criticize only tell him to not hide from this or deny it if it happened.  Own it and move forward.

Fantastic that you own your actions. 

What is the real shame is people rejoicing while his kids and wife have to look on. These are people’s lives. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

It's not my money. Don't care.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Put up a billboard then. Or should we expect an "Open Letter to the Ownership" thread?

Stop saying things I don't like around me -

A message board post in The Year of Our Lord Two Thousand And Eighteen.

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

As much as I agree that this thread must be the go-to for all education on the study of human relationships and the laws of workplace romance, I'm going to pass on reading the entire thing.

Yeah, how does workplace romance even RELATE to this topic?

I can't see it.  Thanks Wayne!

Edited by jmc12290