Beane not indicating Josh Allen will definitely redshirt

Wait we have a competent GM that’s going to state things the way it should be? If Allen is better than McCarron he will play? That is also up to the coaches?! Holy cow this sounds like how a team should run. Make no mistake Bills fans we have a real organization for the first time in years. 

Why play mind games etc with these guys?! If you are good you will play. If you show that competition brings out forward projection you will play. I am not going to say we as fans make or break outcomes of players. I am going to say it is time to bury the past and  live in the now. Beane gets it. McDermott gets it. We need to get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The entire book on Allen was that he will need 1-2 years to develop before he’s ready to play. That’s why it’s interesting they apparently believe that’s fluid. 

Well, we do have an awesome QB coach with a proven track record.....?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But you want to make sure he has some tools to succeed around him. No point wasting him.

Was Wentz wasted in 2016? His WRs were Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor (who was still learning how to catch), Dorial Green-Beckham, Bryce Treggs, and Paul Turner. By the end of the year, his RBs were Darren Sproles, Byron Marshall, and Terrell Watson.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem I see with this plan is I'm not sure, in McCarron, that we have a capable starter for 1, let alone 2, seasons.

So I have concern that, despite what Beane says, they WILL rush Allen

AJ CAN’T be worse than TT. 

I hope we cobble together a middling O -Line and possibly get some RB help for Shady.

Clearly they are focusing on D to start so ball control, quick hitters in the passing game and shorten the clock.

AJ should be fine in that scenario. We didn’t need TT to win games for us so we shouldn’t expect AJ to either. IF he shows something, bonus!

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Genuinely not sure the answer but how many top 10 QBs have red shirted the last decade?

its got to be a tiny percentage and several were more potential than polish 

How many have been ruined by being thrown to the wolves too early?

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Just now, NoSaint said:

To be fair, I’m not sure playing made those guys better either. 

I'm don't think it made them worse either.

Allen cost this team a lot... Beane will need to show we got good value sooner rather than later. -JMO

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

How many have been ruined by being thrown to the wolves to early?

I’d venture there’s no way for either of us to say. Is Jake locker suddenly a star if he sits? 

Its a tough conversation because the sample size is tiny and the variables are huge 

7 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I'm don't think it made them worse either.

Allen cost this team a lot... Beane will need to show we got good value sooner rather than later. -JMO

I was just pushing back on the can’t get better without starting sentiment. 

Im probably one of the folks most openly saying I think he plays a noteworthy amount this year 

Just now, NoSaint said:

I was just pushing back on the can’t get better without starting sentiment. 

Im probably one of the folks most openly saying I think he plays a noteworthy amount this year 

I think it's entirely possible... I even think it's possible he looks GOOD in a game or two (Dolphins, Jets)... But long-term this thing will haunt Beane and McDermott.

-Even more that Peterman's 5-pick half.

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’d venture there’s no way for either of us to say. Is Jake locker suddenly a star if he sits? 

Its a tough conversation because the sample size is tiny and the variables are huge 

The Elder Carr brother David was shell shocked when he came to Carolina.

Tim Couch.

EJ( who sucked , yes, but still should have sat)

21 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If he’s the best QB then he should play. It’s really that simple.

Catch 22. If his supporting cast is bad, Allen isn't going to look good. He'll look like he did at Wyoming, which is why so many people hate him getting picked in the first place.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Beane was weird about naming the very obvious Tyrod the starter last year. Once the pads go on we will learn a lot about the actual plan 

Beane doesn't get to annoit a player's status.  That is up to the HC.