Giants didn’t even listen to offers

Virgil

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I got slated for saying that on here a few months back Jimmy. The way they messed up the Eli situation last year played into this massively. 

Yeah, I mentioned it a while ago too. Not that I’m claiming to be a wizard or anything, I just knew what I knew from talking to a few buddies in New York. While there was a logic to Eli = Old = 1st round QB, that’s really not what Giants fans were sensing at all. 

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought that if the Giants take a RB with the second pick, I'd consider firing Gettleman if I was the Mara's.  I believe his days as GM are numbered; when they have no plan to succeed Eli and Barkley isn't making as much of a difference as they hoped he would, Gettleman should start to sweat.

Well, the 4th round has gone down.  Now we see another piece of the Giants QB plan.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, the 4th round has gone down.  Now we see another piece of the Giants QB plan.

Hmmm, interesting.    Looks like Gettleman does have a plan to address Eli's successor.  With all rookie QBs, time will tell.

8 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Im not a fan of drafting RBs that high but its just my opinion.  Reggie Bush was a phenomenon in college and had a lackluster career...i say this because all these experts never talk about the fact that RBs can be busts as well.  

there is a great Reggie Bush draft story.   Casserly realized he didn't want to draft Bush number and have to pay him, (before the rookie scale), he starts calling around to try to move the first pick.   He gets to the Jets at number and asked tannedbaum (Jets) "what will you give me for number one".  Tannembaum pauses and says " give you ? what will you give me to take it off your hands"   .  

in Gettleman's defense it was assumed Chubb was the second best non qb in the draft and hey maybe but at least one team didn't think so .   In other words why move down for a bunch solid assets when you can have something special .   The Giants had a good draft.  

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

This honestly makes me feel better.  I still don’t like giving up our 2nds in the trade up, but it means Mayfield and Darnold were never options.  And, I trust Beane if he says Allen was better than Rosen. 

that is dumb but they have made great picks this draft.

Who was the last running back drafted in the top 5 to make the Super Bowl with the team that drafted him?  Reggie Bush maybe and even he didn't live up to the hype.  You don't get the 2nd pick often and to pass on the opportunity to groom a quarterback like Sam Darnold under Eli is idiotic.  Eli's arm will fail soon if his older brother is any indication. 

Gettleman apparently only waited until the 9:58 mark to get his pick in because of the mandatory five minutes you had to wait in the first round.  You're not even listening to other offers because you're so infatuated with Barkley?  Barkley will be a great player, but it's so much more difficult to find your franchise QB outside the top 10 of the 1st round than finding an elite running back (David Johnson, Kareem Hunt, Lesean McCoy, Le'Veon Bell).

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Browns not drafting Chubb at #4 was the odd pick to me . It made Denver keep #5 to take him instead of trading down to the Bills at a high cost.

Yes, either way mayfield and Darnold would be sandwiched at 1 and 3. That pick gave you us Edmunds.