One thing is for sure...Beane and McD are NOT conservative

My ultimate nightmare scenario was staying pat at 12, taking BPA, and then taking nice, benign Mason Rudolph at 22. That is what a conservative coach would have done. 

But, no, Beane and McDermott swung for the fences with the ultimate boom or bust QB prospect. He played his cards pretty damn well, and while I would rather have Rosen, you cannot deny that Allen could be a monster with a little tweaking. 

Edmunds is just going to be so good, too. Just so good. 

All in all, while I am still pretty sad we picked the other Josh, I am pleased that the FO is not sitting on their hands. 

• Like (+1) 5

Jeremy White on WGR is the guy banging the drum the loudest that the Bills shouldn't play it safe and swing for the fences. He even said he wouldn't care if the Bills pick was a bust as long as the Bills made bold moves. Well, listen to Jeremy this morning....

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

My ultimate nightmare scenario was staying pat at 12, taking BPA, and then taking nice, benign Mason Rudolph at 22. That is what a conservative coach would have done. 

But, no, Beane and McDermott swung for the fences with the ultimate boom or bust QB prospect. He played his cards pretty damn well, and while I would rather have Rosen, you cannot deny that Allen could be a monster with a little tweaking. 

All in all, while I am still pretty sad we picked the other Josh, I am pleased that the FO is not sitting on their hands. 

Really well said!! I couldn’t agree more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Jeremy White on WGR is the guy banging the drum the loudest that the Bills shouldn't play it safe and swing for the fences. He even said he wouldn't care if the Bills pick was a bust as long as the Bills made bold moves. Well, listen to Jeremy this morning....

Jeremy loves that bold strategy, as long as it's for the player he likes. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because they picked the wrong damn player.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You are spot on about this.  I didn’t like the Allen pick and wanted Rosen.  But I did appreciate the fact that Beane went up and got th QB that he wanted.  

Your point about Jeremy White was perfect.  He has repeatedly said that the Bills need to get a QB and not play it safe.  This morning he’s complaining that we traded too much.  It’s lame. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

You are spot on about this.  I didn’t like the Allen pick and wanted Rosen.  But I did appreciate the fact that Beane went up and got th QB that he wanted.  

Your point about Jeremy White was perfect.  He has repeatedly said that the Bills need to get a QB and not play it safe.  This morning he’s complaining that we traded too much.  It’s lame. 

Jeremy likes to argue it fills  the 4 hour time slot and substitutes for show prep. 

Also

As stated in other posts I like the Allen selection 

Edited by CardinalScotts
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I guess this is right... but Rosen would have been a big swing too!

16 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I think we got the right Josh, to be honest, I just think we paid maybe a bit too much for him, but of course I wasn't there, and both the Cards, and Miami wanted QB's.. So, Josh Allen it is, Go Bills!

Tim-

I didn't have a preference at QB so it didn't hit me as hard like it has many, I've been following all these guys for a few years now and the ceiling of Allen is very high, I think he's going to be a great QB under this regime. Getting Edmunds at 16 is highway robbery and will be our Luke Keuchly, he has plenty of time to hone his craft at 19. I'd like to see them get another pass rusher in the 3rd round to go along with Murphy/Hughes/meatball in rotation, we can only hope a guy like Maurice Hurst/Sam Hubbard fall to us in the 3rd, doubtful but you never know.

Are they going to be aggressive and move into Round 2?  Could they package their 3 and a 2019 pick to get a 2nd round pick?  Shaq Lawson for a pick, or does he stay on the roster?

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

Not conservative but are old school to a fault. They both seem to live in the past and ignore analytics, time will tell if it pays off but I have a bad feeling it won’t.

What analytics are being ignored? Could you post the stats that indicate QB success in the NFL that Rosen/Allen have/don't have?