RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m not the one complaining about the Josh Allen pick , 

talking about butt hurt , put some more ice and STFU 

And another from left field. You’re really batting .1000. Today and kinda making sense. 

Lets try to stay on topic. 

Not Bad for a second language.  

$3.50 for the Cosmotroll 

4D7077D1-F9F9-4F86-9F03-849B62F3E860.jpeg

Edited by Carter

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

And another from left field. You’re really batting .1000. Today and kinda making sense. 

Lets try to stay on topic and off politics. 

Not Bad for a second language.  

$3.50 for the Cosmotroll 

4D7077D1-F9F9-4F86-9F03-849B62F3E860.jpeg

Second language? No your wrong again keep going can you count to 5 ? 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Second language? No your wrong again keep going can you count to 5 ? 

Ok Putin sure thing, дружище. 

Stick to the script and your objectives, youre starting to stray a bit. 

I hated this pick as much as anyone. But I suggest that people just watch a random game of Allen's and see what they think. Because he is not the guy I was expecting based on all the inaccuracy talk. Yes, he misses some easy throws. But he's mostly money on intermediate to long throws. And they're not all fastballs! That's the other thing that was drilled into my head about this guy: no touch or arc to any of his throws. Again, not true. At times he throws it too hard, yes, but not all the time. I guess I was expecting a guy who can't hit the broadside of the barn on tape but misses with great velocity. And again that's just not true.

I don't know, I got so worked up over his inaccuracy that I was expecting his tape to be an absolute disaster. I'm sure there are others here like me who have the same perception. So all I can say is: watch some random games. Might help you chill out a bit. I know it did me. I saw a guy who was running for his life and throwing seeds on the move, and who, when he had time, was pretty accurate. I know, I'm shocked too. 

To me the best sign is that 2017 was his off year but to my eyes his mechanics improved from the year prior. Better timing, fewer late throws. Yes, there's always a couple throws per game that really make me facepalm, but then he'll hit on a couple throws that I see very few other QBs completing. I still have my doubts, the bust potential is there, but he was hardly a trainwreck, and with his smarts I could see him learning to be a pretty good QB.

I'll say it, damn it: I'm excited to see what Josh Allen can do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, No Cease Fires said:

I hated this pick as much as anyone. But I suggest that people just watch a random game of Allen's and see what they think. Because he is not the guy I was expecting based on all the inaccuracy talk. Yes, he misses some easy throws. But he's mostly money on intermediate to long throws. And they're not all fastballs! That's the other thing that was drilled into my head about this guy: no touch or arc to any of his throws. Again, not true. At times he throws it too hard, yes, but not all the time. I guess I was expecting a guy who can't hit the broadside of the barn on tape but misses with great velocity. And again that's just not true.

I don't know, I got so worked up over his inaccuracy that I was expecting his tape to be an absolute disaster. I'm sure there are others here like me who have the same perception. So all I can say is: watch some random games. Might help you chill out a bit. I know it did me. I saw a guy who was running for his life and throwing seeds on the move, and who, when he had time, was pretty accurate. I know, I'm shocked too. 

To me the best sign is that 2017 was his off year but to my eyes his mechanics improved from the year prior. Better timing, fewer late throws. Yes, there's always a couple throws per game that really make me facepalm, but then he'll hit on a couple throws that I see very few other QBs completing. I still have my doubts, the bust potential is there, but he was hardly a trainwreck, and with his smarts I could see him learning to be a pretty good QB.

I'll say it, damn it: I'm excited to see what Josh Allen can do. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 6.13.32 PM.png

5 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 6.13.32 PM.png

Fair enough. I wasn't comparing him to anyone else, though. Just saying that from watching the games he seemed pretty on the mark with his intermediate throws. And 60 percent ain't bad. Also, he was throwing deep a lot. Like a lot a lot. So it's understandable that the actual percentage of those completions was low.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Just popping in to say how nice it's going to be when you and I can both be optimistic about the same QB. Going to miss those 5-page obscure statistical back and forths.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

Now that it has been a few days, I actually like the pick and think Allen will be a franchise quarterback. The kid is humble, has worked his tail off up to the draft, and has said all of the right things. Beane made the right pick hands down. 

How I feel, too.

I still would have preferred Mayfield or Darnold because I think they're, more sure things, but I'm no longer upset we didn't pick the outspoken spoiled brat, even though I was initially.

Rosen really turned me off in his interviews after being drafted.

Allen's story looks special and looks like a truly unique case. There hasn't been a Project QB like him drafted in the 1st or 2nd round who's gone onto be a true Franchise QB since Favre. But it really looks like the kid was just a late bloomer and his story tells me he's got the natural chip on his shoulder.

54 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow... is Allen the favorite to win the starting job week 1? Dude's got the football acumen... it all seems to be a question of how much he's cleaned up his mechanics.

Man, if Allen plays right away and plays well, Jordan Palmer is going to have a busy and lucrative career working as a guru for a position he could never play himself. Impressive.

On 2018-04-26 at 9:47 PM, jrober38 said:

Disaster. 

Mediocre college QBs have no history of success in the NFL over the past 20 years. 

You can't teach an inaccurate QB how to throw accurately at the NFL level. 

Well I would love to see you tell Brett Favre  that who incidentally only had a 52% pass completion in college......

People keep knocking this guy for his accuracy during college. He didn’t have the best receivers in the world on his team so cut him some slack. If you want to compare college stats, let me just point you to Brett Favre who had a measly 52% pass completion during his college years and look what he did in the nfl. Don’t write this kid off just yet. Sure he needs some work and experience in the nfl. But I guarantee this kid will blossom into something really special. Something we have been waiting for since Kelly retired.....

Edited by Need4speed12000

28 minutes ago, Need4speed12000 said:

Well I would love to see you tell Brett Favre  that who incidentally only had a 52% pass completion in college......

People keep knocking this guy for his accuracy during college. He didn’t have the best receivers in the world on his team so cut him some slack. If you want to compare college stats, let me just point you to Brett Favre who had a measly 52% pass completion during his college years and look what he did in the nfl. Don’t write this kid off just yet. Sure he needs some work and experience in the nfl. But I guarantee this kid will blossom into something really special. Something we have been waiting for since Kelly retired.....

People should stop comparing Allen’s completion percentage in college to Favre’s. It’s silly.

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

People should stop comparing Allen’s completion percentage in college to Favre’s. It’s silly.

No silly is saying a qb is garbage because of college stats period.......both Favre and Brady both had mediocre at best in yards, percentage, and tds.........doesn’t mean they are gonna be crap, which is my point here......

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don't see why not, especially if a lot of people are banging on the 56 percent completion stat as a sure sign he's going to fail. 

2 minutes ago, Need4speed12000 said:

No silly is saying a qb is garbage because of college stats period.......both Favre and Brady both had mediocre at best in yards, percentage, and tds.........doesn’t mean they are gonna be crap, which is my point here......

So how then are we suppose to judge college QBs?

12 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

So how then are we suppose to judge college QBs?

From what they do on the field in the nfl. Your just seeing their mechanics, leadership, drive to win, situational plays, etc from college. We all know the nfl is another level and it’s taught by the coaches and veterans. You don’t become a race car driver just because you got your license, you learn to drive. Throw him at the helm, and you will see what Allen can really do for the Bills.....