If AJ McCarron plays great

On 4/26/2018 at 8:52 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

There is no way we would ever get near the value we gave up for Allen. If AJ plays great and he becomes our QB. They would never get a first and 2 seconds back for Allen!

So you mean two seconds. Because they had a first already (12). All they gave up is two Seconds. And if McCarron plays lights out (excuse me while i laugh awhile) what is the problem again?

is it bad having a QB playing great and another learning on the bench?

Edited by MAJBobby

Alex Smith played as well last season as he always does, and ended up getting traded anyway.   Keenum played his best football every last year and was not resigned.   It's not unprecedented for a team to let a QB go who's playing good football.   I assume they would either trade him or release him depending on Allen's progress.    

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Can you even imagine what a disaster it would be if all THREE turned out great?!?! 

Haha, I doubt it but that would be a great problem to have.  At this point, let’s just hope one of the 3 turns into a franchise guy.

On May 4, 2018 at 2:14 AM, Domdab99 said:

You should not be allowed to start another thread until you understand:

A) The game of football

B) What makes an interesting thread

C) Why the Byzantine Empire was finally conquered even though Constantinople recovered from the sacking of 1204

(I'm making it really hard so you can't start any more threads)

That sacking is a really interesting episode of history and I highly recommend anyone interested in history read about it.

You have to love a bunch of Europeans marching off to the Holy Land in the name of God trying to reclaim Jerusalem for all of Christendom....getting a little distracted...deciding to ditch the plan....stopping in Constantinople, and then running around raping, looting, and destroying stuff. 

LOL.

Ever been to Venice?  Ever go to Piazza San Marco?  Ever notice the horses up on the facade of the church?  Those were stolen off the entrance of the hippodrome (Roman chariot racetrack) in Constantinople during that sacking in 1204.

venice_stMarks_facade.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/26/2018 at 6:53 PM, Carter said:

Lol at “if AJ plays great” the guy is our backup. We just drafted our starter. 

We NEED a great QB. If AJ is great and Josh can't beat him out, so be it. I'm good with that. Who isn't?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

We NEED a great QB. If AJ is great and Josh can't beat him out, so be it. I'm good with that. Who isn't?

Yeah me to, but it won’t happen. 

We know AJ is a career backup. There is no ifs about it. 

Not a smart bet...

On 4/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, Kingston Bills Fan said:

There is no way we would ever get near the value we gave up for Allen. If AJ plays great and he becomes our QB. They would never get a first and 2 seconds back for Allen!

We continue to let Allen compete and if he beats a Great AJ then we get a boat load of picks(For AJ).  Even if AJ hits his ceilling he won't be anywhere near Josh Allen hitting his ceilling.  AJ your probably talking Alex smith, Rich Gannon level.  Allen you have to think Elway, Kelly, Favre.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:01 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I bet you were also wanting us to trade 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders to get the Giants pick too weren't you which would be impossible to recoup.  

These threads are soooooo freaking dumb.  You don't trade up thinking you will trade that player later for picks.  You trade up to get the guy you believe is your future.  This board is hysterically stupid right now and quite entertaining actually to watch all the panic nonsense by people who don't have even a FRACTION of the research on Allen that the Bills do but still act like they know more.

Baker was my guy, but hell, we just got a kid the guys who put thousands of hours of research into felt was worth trading up to get.  So great, lets rock Bills...lets see what the kid can do.  All you psychics who have doomed his career are over the top ridiculous right now.

I wouldn't call him dumb.  Just answer his question.  Not all posters are on the same level, at least he isn't one of the over rated posters on here that people think are so great that they get led to think they are pros.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:08 PM, Yeezus said:

you are seriously delusional if you think Allen is anywhere close to being starter material 

McCarron will blow him out the water during training camp. even Allens biggest fans say he is 2 years away from starting. 

Not saying Allen is ready but they said Wentz wasn't ready either.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

9 hours ago, Carter said:

Yeah me to, but it won’t happen. 

We know AJ is a career backup. There is no ifs about it. 

Not a smart bet...

the smart bet is that our passing game is going to greatly improve. WE WERE 14 YDS. FROM BEING LAST IN THE LEAGUE IN PASSING YARDS.  I would like for someone to convince me that with a.j., it can be worse.

Edited by billsredneck1

On 5/4/2018 at 2:14 AM, Domdab99 said:

You should not be allowed to start another thread until you understand:

A) The game of football

B) What makes an interesting thread

C) Why the Byzantine Empire was finally conquered even though Constantinople recovered from the sacking of 1204

(I'm making it really hard so you can't start any more threads)

Um, if that rule applied to every poster on this board? The football board would close down, but PPP would still be going strong. 

Hell, we have a hard enough time with rule A around here. Rule C is a killer. Rule B is subjective, so I don't think you can really call it a rule. Example: there are some posters who are genuinely interested in the minutia of the draft, others find it boring. 

Edited by OCinBuffalo

On 5/7/2018 at 2:43 PM, Fadingpain said:

You have to love a bunch of Europeans marching off to the Holy Land in the name of God trying to reclaim Jerusalem for all of Christendom....getting a little distracted...deciding to ditch the plan....stopping in Constantinople, and then running around raping, looting, and destroying stuff. 

Meh, military logistics, are military logistics. Now or back then. You have a hungry army, you have a big problem on your hands. You either solve the problem, which the Crusader leaders tried to do by asking the Byzantines for food, or, you don't, and the army solves it for you/them.

But hey, never forget that both beer and salami were invented as ways to provide logistical support to an army, keep it focused on the task at hand, and not on pillaging the countryside. Perhaps you don't like salami, but beer? 

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you have 5 women to chose from and the best one rates a 4 out of 10....   Whats that say? 

I'm down with whichever one can get me to the playoffs for the first time in 18 years :D

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's like saying "She's my hottest cousin"

would you prefer losing and sitting on an 18 year and counting drought?