Sal C. has it right!

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-mock-draft-no-3-final-2018-mock-draft

I thought of doing my own mock, but no need to, Sal Capaccio has it right!

I've felt for some time it goes:

1Darnold-Cle, 2Barkley-NYG, 3Mayfield-NYJ, 4Rosen- Buff, 5Chubb-Den

I hope this happens. Draft Rosen and sign Dez Bryant to a 1 or 2 year deal. 

It makes sense and I understand it might be pricey but we have the assets and next year we will have roughly 100 million in cap room. This is the opportunity to get a young franchise QB like Rosen and build around him while he is still on a Rookie e contract. 

We are instant playoff contender if this happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

4.) BUFFALO BILLS - Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)
***Trade with Browns***
(Bills give up 12, 22, 53, 2019 3rd)
(Bills get 4, 141, 2019 6th)

COMMENT: Over the last 24 hours or so there has been a lot of buzz about the Browns getting plenty of phone calls about this pick, and willing to deal it. It would make a lot of sense that one of those calls was from the Buffalo Bills. They haven’t been hoarding early-round draft picks over the last year to stay put and see who falls to them. They’ve done it to have the ammunition to be aggressive, trade up and get a guy they want, not just need. This spot would be where they could not only do that, but make sure teams beyond them like the Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Chargers or even the New England Patriots can’t either draft that player themselves or move into this spot themselves to do it. Let’s remember Dorsey and the Bills (prior to Brandon Beane’s arrival) made a huge first round deal last year when he was the general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. He knows head coach Sean McDermott well and has already dealt with him in this type of situation. As far as the player, as I’ve been saying on air a lot these past couple weeks, if you strip away everything about all the quarterbacks except the film, take away their name, school, height, weight, injury history, political beliefs, good or bad character traits, leadership ability, and anything else, Josh Rosen is the best quarterback. He has the cleanest film. He’s the most polished and ready to play in the NFL. Not that the Bills need him to, but it’s definitely an added bonus for them to have a rookie capable of playing earlier and compete for a job rather than almost assuredly having to sit behind A.J. McCarron for at least a year. I don’t think the Bills will be bothered by any of the “passion for the game” or “likes to challenge coaching” stuff that has been out there with Rosen. He’s simply a kid that wants to be pushed and coached as hard as he wants to play, and has a desire to be great, but wants people around him to be great, too. The concern I think they might have is with his two concussions and having a shoulder injury that kept him out of one regular season game and UCLA’s bowl game. In this deal, the Bills don’t sacrifice their first round pick next year, which is a goal of Beane in any deal he makes. However, he still pays more than what any value chart might suggest he should, which is common for trades into the top-five, especially when the team giving up the high pick knows it’s because the team coming up is doing it for a quarterback. The Browns would also be able to shop this pick to other quarterback-needy teams and get a little more out of the Bills. The good news is the Bills are armed to do that and still have a healthy stash of picks remaining in this draft. They’d give up their two first rounders, a second, and next year’s third. They’d get back the fourth pick, as well as a fifth this year and next year’s sixth. All this would leave Beane with Rosen plus still holding picks 56, 65, 96, 117, 141, 157, and 173.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I copied and pasted this because I wanted my response to show content and for anything not to be taken different. Responses will be in bolded order

#1 I just not sure if this is enough. I think its going to be more like 12, 22, 53 and next years 2nd flat out.

#2 There is a lot of Buzz about this but the question is... is this smokescreen?

#3 Some will say Darnold is

#4 This is my biggest concern. Although the concussions were low staged minor, this is the NFL and if we draft him I hope he thinks with his head..

Conclusion, would I be happy if this went down? YES! Heck YES! but there are to many things that scare me like the injuries.. Like our state of our Offensive line.

Bottom line if I had to choice of trading into 4 or trading into 5, I would trade into 4 because no one has a clue what Denver would do.

Edited by PrimeTime101
sorry missed one :D

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

4.) BUFFALO BILLS - Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)
***Trade with Browns***
(Bills give up 12, 22, 53, 2019 3rd)
(Bills get 4, 141, 2019 6th)

COMMENT: Over the last 24 hours or so there has been a lot of buzz about the Browns getting plenty of phone calls about this pick, and willing to deal it. It would make a lot of sense that one of those calls was from the Buffalo Bills. They haven’t been hoarding early-round draft picks over the last year to stay put and see who falls to them. They’ve done it to have the ammunition to be aggressive, trade up and get a guy they want, not just need. This spot would be where they could not only do that, but make sure teams beyond them like the Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Chargers or even the New England Patriots can’t either draft that player themselves or move into this spot themselves to do it. Let’s remember Dorsey and the Bills (prior to Brandon Beane’s arrival) made a huge first round deal last year when he was the general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. He knows head coach Sean McDermott well and has already dealt with him in this type of situation. As far as the player, as I’ve been saying on air a lot these past couple weeks, if you strip away everything about all the quarterbacks except the film, take away their name, school, height, weight, injury history, political beliefs, good or bad character traits, leadership ability, and anything else, Josh Rosen is the best quarterback. He has the cleanest film. He’s the most polished and ready to play in the NFL. Not that the Bills need him to, but it’s definitely an added bonus for them to have a rookie capable of playing earlier and compete for a job rather than almost assuredly having to sit behind A.J. McCarron for at least a year. I don’t think the Bills will be bothered by any of the “passion for the game” or “likes to challenge coaching” stuff that has been out there with Rosen. He’s simply a kid that wants to be pushed and coached as hard as he wants to play, and has a desire to be great, but wants people around him to be great, too. The concern I think they might have is with his two concussions and having a shoulder injury that kept him out of one regular season game and UCLA’s bowl game. In this deal, the Bills don’t sacrifice their first round pick next year, which is a goal of Beane in any deal he makes. However, he still pays more than what any value chart might suggest he should, which is common for trades into the top-five, especially when the team giving up the high pick knows it’s because the team coming up is doing it for a quarterback. The Browns would also be able to shop this pick to other quarterback-needy teams and get a little more out of the Bills. The good news is the Bills are armed to do that and still have a healthy stash of picks remaining in this draft. They’d give up their two first rounders, a second, and next year’s third. They’d get back the fourth pick, as well as a fifth this year and next year’s sixth. All this would leave Beane with Rosen plus still holding picks 56, 65, 96, 117, 141, 157, and 173.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I copied and pasted this because I wanted my response to show content and for anything not to be taken different. Responses will be in bolded order

#1 I just not sure if this is enough. I think its going to be more like 12, 22, 53 and next years 2nd flat out.

#2 There is a lot of Buzz about this but the question is... is this smokescreen?

#3 Some will say Darnold is

#4 This is my biggest concern. Although the concussions were low staged minor, this is the NFL and if we draft him I hope he thinks with his head..

Conclusion, would I be happy if this went down? YES! Heck YES! but there are to many things that scare me like the injuries.. Like our state of our Offensive line.

Bottom line if I had to choice of trading into 4 or trading into 5, I would trade into 4 because no one has a clue what Denver would do.

#1 we have enough ammo to make it happen regardless, we could get to 2 if we had to

#2 For what to get Allen? After last night -no way!

#3 We'd have to get to #2 for that and yes they do love him

#4 Not anymore worried about that than any other prospect because It is a job risk and other prospects at QB have had injuries too.

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

#1 we have enough ammo to make it happen regardless, we could get to 2 if we had to

#2 For what to get Allen? After last night -no way!

#3 We'd have to get to #2 for that and yes they do love him

#4 Not anymore worried about that than any other prospect because It is a job risk and other prospects at QB have had injuries too.

I think he has been injured in the head enough times that shows enough concerns for anyone!

Keep in mind.. I am with you.. I LOVE ROSEN! I have been record saying so for a long time now. I just think if you go to 2 huge negative threads about him right now.. Take social media out of the picture and the fact that he is a bit mouthy.. I don't care.. I just care about what he does on the field.. and I am here to tell you, INJURIES is always a concern when drafting.

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think he has been injured in the head enough times that shows enough concerns for anyone!

Keep in mind.. I am with you.. I LOVE ROSEN! I have been record saying so for a long time now. I just think if you go to 2 huge negative threads about him right now.. Take social media out of the picture and the fact that he is a bit mouthy.. I don't care.. I just care about what he does on the field.. and I am here to tell you, INJURIES is always a concern when drafting.

Indeed it is a factor and it has to be weighed properly as well. Does a couple concussions take both Rosen and Mayfield off draft boards, does Allen's shatterered collarbone etc. That's why McBeane is paid the big bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

Nope. I’m just can’t believe that Mayfield will go top 5 not even top 10. I really hope the Jets are stupid enough to move up to 3 and then take Mayfield leaving Rosen to us!!! I’ll be doing cartwheels if Sal’s projection comes true!