Florida WR Antonio Callaway tested positive for marijuana at combine

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't care. Can he play? 

You don't care that he smokes dope or you don't care that he's too lazy and stupid to use good judgement?

I don't care how good you are. If you're too freaking stupid to lay low a few weeks leading up to the biggest career day of your young life, I don't want you playing on my team. I'm not even sure I want you working the drive-thru window with hot beverages.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You don't care that he smokes dope or you don't care that he's too lazy and stupid to use good judgement?

I don't care how good you are. If you're too freaking stupid to lay low a few weeks leading up to the biggest career day of your young life, I don't want you playing on my team. I'm not even sure I want you working the drive-thru window with hot beverages.

I don't care he bakes. It's going to be fully legal within two years. Suspending players for weed is stupid when other more dangerous and reprehensible behaviours are tolerated by the league. It's kabuki theater. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

33 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Like Randy Moss, Warren Sapp, Leveon Bell etc etc etc ? 

Where's Marty Bryant, Ricky Williams, Marcell and Josh Gordon etc etc at?

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't even understand what this means "it was for a diluted sample"

He drank a 12 pack of brewskis to dilute his pee and it still turned positive?

I believe they have a dilutional quota, as in, if we think you're pounding water for days to beat the test, you still get a positive result.

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't care. Can he play? 

Not with a suspension.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't care he bakes. It's going to be fully legal within two years. Suspending players for weed is stupid when other more dangerous and reprehensible

behaviours are tolerated by the league. It's kabuki theater. 

Suspensions don't care about legality. 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't care he bakes. It's going to be fully legal within two years. Suspending players for weed is stupid when other more dangerous and reprehensible behaviours are tolerated by the league. It's kabuki theater. 

It will not. Current Czar will veto any bill legalizing it unless he gets a cut.

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It will not. Current Czar will veto any bill legalizing it unless he gets a cut.

When John Boehner takes a lobbying job with a MJ company, you know even conservatives are having a $$$ "Green" revolution. Just wait until "Big Weed" starts making campaign contributions.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When John Boehner takes a lobbying job with a MJ company, you know even conservatives are having a $$$ "Green" revolution. Just wait until "Big Weed" starts making campaign contributions.

Funny how money changes their minds

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’d take all 4 on this roster.     ?

I'd take one.  Can't waste all 4 roster spots when they get caught hotboxing in the parking lot.

28 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Theres a difference between an addict and simply not caring 

It's actually quite a bit more complicated than that.

The psychophysiology of dependence actually results in a rewiring of the brain, especially in the centers that deal with inhibition and higher order functioning.  Basically impulse control is faulty.  

If you asked these guys why throw away millions to smoke weed, they'd tell you they know it was stupid.  They aren't incapable of understanding.  I assume they, for the most part, care.  They lack impulse control.  They see it or think about it and they want it.  Consequences in that moment be damned.

It basically makes their brains dumb teenagers again.  

Edited by jmc12290
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I'd take one.  Can't waste all 4 roster spots when they get caught hotboxing in the parking lot.

It's actually quite a bit more complicated than that.

The psychophysiology of dependence actually results in a rewiring of the brain, especially in the centers that deal with inhibition and higher order functioning.  Basically impulse control is faulty.  

If you asked these guys why throw away millions to smoke weed, they'd tell you they know it was stupid.  They aren't incapable of understanding.  I assume they, for the most part, care.  They lack impulse control.  They see it or think about it and they want it.  Consequences in that moment be damned.

It basically makes their brains dumb teenagers again.  

Its definitely a layered and nuanced discussion that my one liner does little justice for....  

all you wrote can be true. Impulse control, delayed gratification etc... are major. Also there are those that are self sabotaging and others that don’t actually want to be football players 

that said, there are a variety of reasons besides addiction that a kid would potentially blow this chance.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Its definitely a layered and nuanced discussion that my one liner does little justice for....  

all you wrote can be true. Impulse control, delayed gratification etc... are major. Also there are those that are self sabotaging and others that don’t actually want to be football players 

that said, there are a variety of reasons besides addiction that a kid would potentially blow this chance.

Absolutely right.  Much like everything else, it's a multifactorial problem.  There's certainly behavioral and genetic components at play as well.  And social.  

It's why I'm personally against all psychotropics unless medically necessary.  You never know if you have the right combo of personality and genetic susceptibility to have a bad outcome.

6 hours ago, jr1 said:

this is why I don't believe the "marijuana isn't addictive" argument. We've seen so many guys sacrifice millions to smoke it

Perhaps a man's occupation shouldn't be making the choice of what he likes to do on his own time when it comes to recreation or relaxation. Most people will find a job that fits their preffered life style so when you say sacrafice millions, to do what, live the way they would like? We live in a society today thats putting professional athletes in contact with friends and family members enjoying the same means of unwinding  as many of them would like to use on a daily basis. (legally)

Getting your brains scrambled on a football field is not the only way to make millions...

Edited by Figster