GMFB talk Bills draft (how to get QB)

They said Ryan Fitzpatrick was a good QB, but he was somebody else’s backup. Tyrod Taylor was a good QB, but he was someone else’s backup. Aj McCarron is a good QB, you get the picture. They said in 2004 we waited and got the fourth QB and that obviously was a mistake. We need to get to 2

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

They said Ryan Fitzpatrick was a good QB, but he was somebody else’s backup. Tyrod Taylor was a good QB, but he was someone else’s backup. Aj McCarron is a good QB, you get the picture. They said in 2004 we waited and got the fourth QB and that obviously was a mistake. We need to get to 2

In fairness, in 2004, we wouldn't have had to move up any higher than 10 to get franchise QB (and imo, that 4th out of 3 is looking likely to be drafted as early as 1st right now). 

3 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Trade up to 6 then trade to 2. Give the colts both 1sts and a 2nd then give the Giants our number 1 next year.

Thats what they put forward.

Did they say who they thought the Bills would draft in this scenario? 

17 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Trade up to 6 then trade to 2. Give the colts both 1sts and a 2nd then give the Giants our number 1 next year.

Thats what they put forward.

If this is what they put forward, that show should be off the air.

I like this idea less and less as the off-season has played out. I think Darnold goes 1. Go to 5 or 6 and get Rosen (he’s my guy anyways). Preserve your 2019 pick because this team isn’t going to be great. Offer the Colts 12, 53, 65 and a 2019 4th. That’s more than enough. You still get your QB, LB, WR and OL before pick 100.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like this idea less and less as the off-season has played out. I think Darnold goes 1. Go to 5 or 6 and get Rosen (he’s my guy anyways). Preserve your 2019 pick because this team isn’t going to be great. Offer the Colts 12, 53, 65 and a 2019 4th. That’s more than enough. You still get your QB, LB, WR and OL before pick 100.

Can't see the Colts accepting for such little value. Switch out either 53 or 65 with 22 and I can see that trade happening.

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Funny because it's true. Sadly.

I'm pretty sure Brandt is actually fond of the Bills if not a fan. Ditto, Schrager, but with him, it's empathy because if memory serves, he's a lifelong Browns fan.

59 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

This is a phenomenal post.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Why do you say that? It seems reasonable to me for the circumstances of this draft.

Why give up a #1 next year?  Pretty expensive, as well as a risk, given how many other positions need to be addressed.  I can see fans in a chat site talking like this, but the GMFB hosts shouldn't get as caught up in the QB hype.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If any way possible to preserve the 22nd and get a MLB and still get our QB that would be one hell of a job by our GM.