Intense bar fight in Amherst, NY

Roundybout

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I texted a tennis buddy from the park (where I’m usually the only white guy all day) that a certain black female tennis player was “well spoken” in her interview after winning a big tournament. He responded that (while he knows it was NOT intended), a lot of people would take that as racist. WHAT? Some people are better public speakers than others, regardless of the pigment in their skin. Can I not say something nice about someone without being called a racist? Plenty of people with less pigment I wouldn’t say that about....

Not projecting my thoughts and feelings on you Augie, but this one hits home for me. I don't think I'm racist, but from time to time I find myself admiring that an athlete is "well spoken". Trouble is it's rarely (if ever) a white person. Why is that? Short answer for me is I accept that I have some generational bias. I have two sons and hopefully my contribution is that it stops with me.

• Like (+1) 1

Knock the Daley's in Chicago... But, back in day they sent their children to public school.  Rahm?  Get's defensive why he sends his children to the Latin School (Chicago).

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Want-to-improve-the-schools-Rahm-Send-your-kids-there-111784524.html

“The main channel through which parental socio-economic background affects achievement is via effort,” said Professor Gianni DiFraja of England’s University of Leicester, who conducted a study on how parents’ background affects schools. “Parents from a more advantaged environment exert more effort, and this influences positively the educational attainment of their children. By the same token, the parents’ background also increases the school's effort, which increases the school achievement. Why schools work harder where parents are from a more privileged background we do not know. It might be because middle class parents are more vocal in demanding that the school works hard.”

Families with the Emanuels’ wealth and social standing usually send their kids to private school, or move to the suburbs. (Not an option for the mayor, obviously.) The Sun-Times’ Michael Sneed reported that Emanuel’s wife, Amy Rule, has been inquiring about enrollment at the Latin School, where tuition runs up to $26,895 a year..."

Looks like Hammersticks is taking offense...  Who's really the spineless maggot? 

Answer my simple question, truthfully... I will give you peace even if the answer (in your case) proves otherwise.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not projecting my thoughts and feelings on you Augie, but this one hits home for me. I don't think I'm racist, but from time to time I find myself admiring that an athlete is "well spoken". Trouble is it's rarely (if ever) a white person. Why is that? Short answer for me is I accept that I have some generational bias. I have two sons and hopefully my contribution is that it stops with me.

ZERO offense taken. I had never thought of it, and I accepted that maybe there is something to it when I responded to my buddy. He knew how I meant it. There are other Caucasian players I would NOT say that about, but point taken, for better or for worse. It’s sad it is that way, but I’m praying that it’s going away. I’m kind of sensitive to this, and I notice who is “well spoken” and who is not. In my mind skin pigment is unrelated.....but I get it. 

• Like (+1) 2

About the South Chicagoland Suburbs and Class of 2018...

Read this for the Steger (Illinois) kid who will go into the service to fight the next war while others make movies about it:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/news/ct-sta-class-2018-continued-st-0521-story.html

BTW, Ford Heights (where he is from a few miles away and moved to Steger) has a median income for a household in the village was $17,500, and the median income for a family was $16,706.

Hey Hammersticks, who's the spineless maggot?  Surely not him:

Philosophy: Surround yourself with people who will motivate and push you. Find something to push for and don’t look back. Remember you create the future by learning from the past.

Visualizing my future I see: Me finishing up my enlistment in the military, entering civilian life and studying law and political science. I hope to one day come back to my hometown and rebuild and strengthen the community as well as give back to schools I attended.

Bless his soul. He is the only kid in this series who included anything about giving back.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

State your own opinion, and stop citing garbage Glamour Magazine articles.  Be a man.  Remember, you’re the one who pulled the race card to spurn this discussion.  I believe you even doubled down on your drivel.

Race card? As in the way minorities pull it?

Elaborate.

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Race card? As in the way minorities pull it?

Elaborate.

I’m done with you, EIL.  I might just as well go try and have a meaningful discussion with the crazy guy down at Walmart with his cat on a leash.  You’re legit crazy and seemingly a bigoted moron to boot.  Buh bye.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m done with you, EIL.  I might just as well go try and have a meaningful discussion with the crazy guy down at Walmart with his cat on a leash.  You’re legit crazy and seemingly a bigoted moron to boot.  Buh bye.

cmon sticks..you knew you were in a battle of the wits with an unarmed man..

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I touched a nerve somehow.  All I said that problem here is that people are just collecting a check.

You're one hell of a shrink if you get easily done with crazy people.  Keep up the good work!

45 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

cmon sticks..you knew you were in a battle of the wits with an unarmed man..

Dude's a child psych... Should be easy pickings...

23 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Despite several previous fights and other incidents at the venue, the restaurant's game room license was renewed earlier this week, but the Amherst Town Board at the time raised concerns about security thereand imposed a set of conditions on its operators. They were directed to hire another security guard, to make sure guards are prominently positioned inside and outside the restaurant, and to make sure the company puts in place its proposed safety improvements.

This is Chuck-e-Cheese we are talking about, right? lol 

Crazy. 

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Welcome to the amusement park of EII's head.

This was funny.  The only thing that would have made it funnier (to me) would be if you put it in Jeopardy! question form.

"What are rides in the amusement park of EII's head?"