Sooo about the schedule

54 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I prefer Sunday 1pm games.  This schedule is amazing.  Pats at home MNF being the only prime time game is fine by me

Agreed 100%. I like the regularity of 1pm starts and if I'm gonna lose a nighy and a morning to a primetime game, I'd rather it's Mondya than Sunday or (ugh) Thursday.

Kind of weird how we don't play a division game until week 8 tho....I guess that's good?

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Ugh, that MNF game means 2 days of missed work for me.

2 days of  "work", such as it is. :P

Wait two days?

21 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

There are many Bills fans all around the country. I think people underestimate just how many Bills fans there are

rating nationally for Bills games don't lie.  

I live in NC and can see all their games regardless.  Others spread out everywhere can do the same.  

There's no compelling reason to have the Bills on national TV right now.  If our new QB starts getting it done, then we can talk.

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Ugh. Will you stop it. They made it to the playoffs legit. Why do you feel the need to attack your own team the year after breaking a 17-year-drought? Can you not enjoy anything?

They beat two playoff teams on the road; they pulled themselves out of one of the worst nosedives a team could have. Did they exceed their talent? Maybe, but to call them a "bad team," is just ridiculous and reductive. 

Funny thing is I agree with you that I can understand them not getting multiple night games, because they are a hard-to-gauge team at this point in the off-season, and that lack of night games will probably be to their benefit on the field (and certainly, personally, I enjoy Sunday at 1pm games best) but give them a little credit for a hard-fought run to the playoffs.

I'm sorry that you disagree and I want you to know that Jesus loves you.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry that you disagree and I want you to know that Jesus loves you.

The real streak is how long since hosting a playoff game?

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Ugh. Will you stop it. They made it to the playoffs legit. Why do you feel the need to attack your own team the year after breaking a 17-year-drought? Can you not enjoy anything?

They beat two playoff teams on the roadthey pulled themselves out of one of the worst nosedives a team could have. Did they exceed their talent? Maybe, but to call them a "bad team," is just ridiculous and reductive. 

Funny thing is I agree with you that I can understand them not getting multiple night games, because they are a hard-to-gauge team at this point in the off-season, and that lack of night games will probably be to their benefit on the field (and certainly, personally, I enjoy Sunday at 1pm games best) but give them a little credit for a hard-fought run to the playoffs.

They beat the falcons early in the year without Jones or Sanu.

We beat the chiefs during their like 5-6 game slide, which was even worse than the nosedive you said we were in.

We exceeded our expected wins by like 3-4 if I'm not mistaken.

Part of that was protections undervaluing our new coach and defensive players, so we will say 1-2 win exceeding at the very least.

We had to rely on miracle from Cincinnati to make the playoffs.

We got embarrassed in Jax.

We weren't a very good team overall.

Gugny wasn't wrong at all.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Bills haven't hosted a playoff game since the 1993 season, that's the real streak.

Well, they haven't hosted a playoff game since 1996.  Still, a long streak.  They haven't won a playoff game since 1995.

I don't get why if the Pats were in the superbowl and came in first why do they get home games against Vikings and Green Bay and we get those teams on the road? I thought first place team is supposed to get a harder schedule?

People who are mad about lack of Buffalo in prime time games or national spotlight must always remember two things:

1.) The Bills are a small market team with very little national interest.
2.) NFL schedule makers largely look at quarterbacks when determining which games to showcase nationally.

Because of point 1, the Bills will always have a harder time getting onto national TV than larger market teams -- who often get national games by default simply because people will turn on the TV in large numbers to watch said teams (Dallas, NYG, Patriots, LA, SF, etc). If the Bills want to start getting national exposure, they need to start winning more games consistently. 

Because of point 2, the Bills have rarely been on national TV over the past 20 years. No QB, no prime time slots. If the Bills want to start getting national exposure, they need to acquire a franchise quarterback.

Until points 1, 2, or both are addressed, nothing will change any time soon. 

2 hours ago, KRT88 said:

rating nationally for Bills games don't lie.  

I live in NC and can see all their games regardless.  Others spread out everywhere can do the same.  

There's no compelling reason to have the Bills on national TV right now.  If our new QB starts getting it done, then we can talk.

Actually I believe it was either the Patriots MNF game in 2015 or the Seahawks MNF in 2016 was said to be the highest rated MNF game that year. 

The Titans have two MNF games this year. No one cares about the Titans

5 hours ago, KRT88 said:

Who outside of Bills fans wants to watch Buffalo?  Now ask yourself that about other teams.  San Francisco is a bigger market with way more fans than Buffalo.  This is all about TV rating not which teams accomplished what.  Bills get on prime time when they truly start becoming a team to watch. 

Hell I live In Southern California and I see a lot of bills fans here

There were plenty of games last year, where if you looked only at the records of the two teams, the bills should have been an easy decision to flex into prime time. Especially with the games that were on Sunday night were games involving the Giants, or even games that had teams using their back up quarter back due to injury. They still never flexed them. The nfl has access to data about TV ratings we don't. Until we have a high powered offense, we will be lucky to have two prime time games. Also, I believe its hard to produce the in-stadium pre-game, half-time and postgame shows in our stadium. The cable cam that bring the madden style camera angles, also must be super difficult to hang up in our stadium for some reason. CBS has never brought it, even when Jim Nantz is calling our game.

I figure that when you win or lose games is less important than whether or not you win them.  As far as playoff chances are concerned, it matters not thether you get your wins early or late.  However, I think there is such a thing as momentum.  It's tough to keep a good attitude about the game if you're losing one game after another.  You can check with the Sabres about that.  I'd love to see Buffalo win a few of those tough games at the beginning of the year both for the record and for the emotional health of the team and the fans.  There is one thing about the schedule.  Buffalo has a bunch of division games in the last part of the season.  That certainly can have playoff implications.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:34 AM, Golden*Wheels said:

Agreed 100%. I like the regularity of 1pm starts and if I'm gonna lose a nighy and a morning to a primetime game, I'd rather it's Mondya than Sunday or (ugh) Thursday.

Kind of weird how we don't play a division game until week 8 tho....I guess that's good?

2 days of  "work", such as it is. :P

Wait two days?

I have to fly in on Monday and have enough time to tailgate, then no way i can get back and get to work on Tuesday