Conspiracy Theory: About the Bills Schedule

Roger Goodell and some owners like Mara from the Giants have been vocal about Buffalo getting a new stadium.

What better way to try to speed up the process then to give Buffalo fans more games late in the year: Weather is worse, and fans might get cranky and speaking louder about the hopes of a new domed stadium.

I would not put anything past greedy Goodell and the owners on this one.

• Like (+1) 1

I hated the schedule because we're only home 2 of the first 7 weeks (and 1 of those weeks is Canadian Thanksgiving, that buggers up life around my house).

I loved the schedule because it steers clear of Christmas, and my Father in laws 90th birthday.

You take what you get, there's good and bad in every schedule every year.  If we were front loaded people would complain that our playoff chances were shot because we would be on the road in those critical late season games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gjv001 said:

I would think it's to the Bills advantage to play at home, outdoors, late in the season. 

It is, but not for the owners who crave that new stadium, PSL's, luxury boxes and more revenue.  They are livid, and so is Roger

I love how fans always cry about getting a dome but those late December games are always seats empty. People say it's about the team, wrong. They had more seats in the 90's, but also many more blackouts. Buffalo Bills games are the greatest deal in the NFL and we have trouble filling the stadium. Something has to change. 

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

If you're done by week 10 your schedule is not your problem.  Your roster is.

If the thread were about how the schedule impacts our gameplay, then what you're saying would be more relevant, but how I took it, the thread is about how the schedule affects the fan experience.

I think the possibility of having more late home games that mean nothing than would be usual speaks to how the schedule could affect the fan experience. 

31 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Roger Goodell and some owners like Mara from the Giants have been vocal about Buffalo getting a new stadium.

What better way to try to speed up the process then to give Buffalo fans more games late in the year: Weather is worse, and fans might get cranky and speaking louder about the hopes of a new domed stadium.

I would not put anything past greedy Goodell and the owners on this one.

The only reason Bills fans do not "currently" like late home games is because 99% of the time, at least during the past 17 or so years, they are meaningless.  Good teams prefer late games at home late in the season.  In the late 80's/ early 90s, 3 out of the last 4 games at home would have been fantastic.  This is actually a good thing if the Bills are a good team. 

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They won’t be full or they won’t be leading the division? If they’re in first place and seats are empty then they have a real problem!

It's happened in the 90's, many empty seats. Bills are the cheapest deal in the NFL and we struggle to fill our stadium. We were 24th last year and made the playoffs for the 1st time in 17 years. Not even the hype of the playoffs helped. 

2 minutes ago, ricojes said:

The only reason Bills fans do not "currently" like late home games is because 95% of the time, at least during the past 17 or so years, they are meaningless.  Good teams prefer late games at home late in the season.  In the late 80's/ early 90s, 3 out of the last 4 games at home would have been fantastic.  This is actually a good thing if the Bills are a good team. 

That's just not true. 1990-1999 had more blackouts than 2000-2009.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

It's happened in the 90's, many empty seats. Bills are the cheapest deal in the NFL and we struggle to fill our stadium. We were 24th last year and made the playoffs for the 1st time in 17 years. Not even the hype of the playoffs helped. 

Towards the end of the run of 4 SB's attendance started to dip.  But when Kelly and crew began that run, it was a full house every game, no matter what time of year. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The Bills made the playoffs because the Bengals won on New Years Eve in a stadium a few hundred miles from Orchard Park. I’m not sure I would call that WNY playoff hype.