Bills Go 7-9 this Season

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

The Bills knew TT was not going to win them a playoff game.  They had no idea if Peterman could, and after TT absolutely stank up the field on my daughter's first live NFL game (birthday present on her birthday), they decided to see if Peterman was any better.  He obviously wasn't, so they went back to TT and prayed that if they made the playoffs TT would play better then expected.  He didn't.  So, basically, what the coaching staff feared with TT came to pass...they were right about him, and thanks to them starting Peterman we sit here just before the draft with absolutely zero "Peterman should be our starter, don't draft a QB" posts on this board.  There was no sabotage, just a staff that knew what they already had in TT, knew it wasn't good enough, and wanted to see what they had in Peterman.  We are in a far better position now thanks to that decision.

First of i agree with you 100% !!  Also Im sorry that your daughter’s first NFL game and on her Birthday on top of that was a loss , hopefully her next game she will get to see a real QB starting for our Buffalo Bills ,  

1 hour ago, nucci said:

that's what many said last season

Exactly and I was one of them , and I’m more then happy to admit that I was wrong , and from now on I’ll wait and see what happens week 1 , Before jumping of the balcony 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

and how does this change your life?

it doesn't. How is that relevant to my statement?

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

Exactly and I was one of them , and I’m more then happy to admit that I was wrong , and from now on I’ll wait and see what happens week 1 , Before jumping of the balcony 

That's the spirit..:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Well thanks for ruining it for me ;)

Maybe they should just forfeit all 16 and get the #1 pick ;)

there may be 4 teams on that schedule that are planning to do this well before the Bills decide to....

i believe the Bills are going to try to make an honest run at winning all the games they can.

Edited by row_33

10 hours ago, Carter said:

If AJ is starting,  this will be Bald Ginger and Beanes final year. 

Pegs has no patience for idiots and won’t hesitate to fire them, see Rex. 

Is this a joke?

coaching and gm sabotaged the team last year by gutting the roster and benching our starter. 

Football gods yes!!  If it wasn’t for the cinci miracle, they would’ve never made the playoffs. 

Smh Bald ginger clapping his hands every two minutes. Lol

speaking of idiots. where's DC Tom when you need him.

2da303f71c86e90d39b5225b52155e14cb48a170

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Huh? The first 8 games! It's murderous row. We'll be lucky to be 1-3 come October. We don't & I repeat DON'T have an offense to compete with the Chargers, Vikes & Green Bay. Our defense isn't that talented, we don't have any LB's. Plus, it's unrealistic to think we will have a historically good defense that will hold good offenses under 10 pts. & it will have to be 10pts... cause how is this team going to score 14pts? 

This reminds of last year when everyone had  Denver and Atlanta penciled in as - L

( me included) 

and then a Saints & Chargers was supposed to be - W  , 

1 hour ago, nucci said:

it doesn't. How is that relevant to my statement?

you felt it was necessary to point out that people got the number of wins wrong last year.

that must have been a big deal for you to realize people on a sports board got this wrong.

don't cry

12 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

7-9 is definitely a fair prediction

In April, it absolutely is.  Just ridiculous to make predictions at this point.  But I'll go out on a limb and say that the 2019 Cleveland Indians will win 90 games...

A little optimism and pessimism from Upstate NY....

Fairburn's prediction: 9-7

Plenty will depend on how the Bills' quarterback situation shakes out, but they have a chance to exceed expectations again in 2017. It's reasonable to expect a step back, but the rest of the AFC is in flux, and the Bills avoid some of the conference juggernauts like the Steelers and Chiefs. Who knows if 9-7 is enough to get the Bills into the playoffs, but it's not a farfetched notion in 2018.

Talbot's prediction: 6-10

The Bills were more competitive than many expected in Sean McDermott's first season as head coach. They take a step back in 2018, but the future is bright. Buffalo's rookie quarterback goes 3-3 as starter and the Bills have the cap space to build around the signal-caller in 2019 and beyond.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/erry-2018/04/d761a680bd6490/buffalo_bills_2018_schedule_ga.html

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you felt it was necessary to point out that people got the number of wins wrong last year.

that must have been a big deal for you to realize people on a sports board got this wrong.

don't cry

try not to be an ass...I know it's difficult for you...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Our coaching gets us past this mark

Maybe so.

The QB is the variable everyone talks about.  When we don't know who's lining up under center, it's hard to make any kind of meaningful W-L prediction.

But coaching is another variable.  How good is McD really as a head coach?  He got us into the playoffs last year with a very flawed roster.  Then again, our offensive and defensive rankings were poor.

And how good is Daboll?   He was bad in his previous stints as a NFL OC  but he didn't have much to work with back then and he's had some great learning experiences since.  Many guys in the NFL speak highly of him.  

Btw, I think it's funny that Ryan Talbot has no idea who are rookie QB might be but predicts whoever he is, he'll start 6 games and win half of them.  Talk about a shot in the dark!

At this point, I wouldn't even hazard a guess about our record this season.   

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yikes!

We play the 'phins and Jets twice each and he has Buf at 2-14?  Bold indeed.  I could get a more credible prediction for the season from a magic 8-ball. XD

...wait, he has the Bills, Jets and 'phins with a combined eight wins.  Those three play each other a combined six times...so his "bold" prediction is that those three will only produce two wins total outside of playing each other?  O.o

Edited by The Red King

The Bills will win 2-5 games at best. Anyone that thinks we are a potential playoff team is smoking buffalo turds. QB is not a factor since he will only play if AJM is injured and our line is swiss cheese. If we land a stud MLB and another corner (nickel or a #2). If we get 2 starting caliber offensive lineman that are vat least average. If we find a receiver and he is amazing (bad receiver draft). And if our offense clicks before the defense starts getting injured from playing on the field for 2/3 of every game, then we go 7-9 at best. I would BET anyone on this forum that Buffalo has a top 5 pick next year. My hope is that we draft well and don't give away to much, so next year we can head back to the playoffs with a ton of cash for free agents and a top pick next year.