Eagles GM Howie Roseman Quote: Beane Should Read

Philadelphia Eagles GM Howie Roseman said he projects the trade market to be active next week. "People understand that if they want something in this league, they are going to go get it."

So does this mean, if Beane wants that 1st or 2nd overall pick that badly, he can go get it?

yes if he wanted to he could give the browns our first round pick for the next 10 years.  It's all about how much you want to pay in draft picks to go up.  You will most likely have to overpay so you better be right.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Philadelphia Eagles GM Howie Roseman said he projects the trade market to be active next week. "People understand that if they want something in this league, they are going to go get it."

So does this mean, if Beane wants that 1st or 2nd overall pick that badly, he can go get it?

Beane needs to read this like I need to be in another car accident.

He already understands that if he wants something, he should try to go get it. 

Having a trade partner that is willing to do a deal within the price range of what he's willing to give up is the question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beane somehow got a 3rd for Tyrod and then he stole AJ for the price he is paying him.   AJ could be a starting QB in the right system and he is making chump change even by backup QB standards.  So I believe that Beane will only do what he sees is good value.  He will not over pay unless that is what the market is and he wants that guy bad enough.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane needs to read this like I need to be in another car accident.

He already understands that if he wants something, he should try to go get it. 

Having a trade partner that is willing to do a deal within the price range of what he's willing to give up is the question.

I love your stuff. 

When you think of all the possibilities and all the needs, I'm concluding that there is very little likelihood that the where the Bills sit today is where they will sit next Friday morning.   SOMETHING is going to happen.   12 gets traded, or 22, or Shady or Hughes.   Beane is going to move in SOME direction, SOMEHOW.   At least that seems much more likely than he's going to sit tight for the next eight day.s 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I love your stuff. 

When you think of all the possibilities and all the needs, I'm concluding that there is very little likelihood that the where the Bills sit today is where they will sit next Friday morning.   SOMETHING is going to happen.   12 gets traded, or 22, or Shady or Hughes.   Beane is going to move in SOME direction, SOMEHOW.   At least that seems much more likely than he's going to sit tight for the next eight day.s 

It's possible.  But I think (or maybe I project my own hope) that Beane has only specific players in mind that he is willing to make a move for, so it wouldn't surprise me if any further trades took place in real time, as the draft unfolds.

I think he has the "bones" in place - he knows and is staying on top of, what teams are willing to do deals and what their price is.

PS Thanks!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's possible.  But I think (or maybe I project my own hope) that Beane has only specific players in mind that he is willing to make a move for, so it wouldn't surprise me if any further trades took place in real time, as the draft unfolds.

I think he has the "bones" in place - he knows and is staying on top of, what teams are willing to do deals and what their price is.

PS Thanks!

I agree.   I think there are no moves until draft night.   I think it's unlikely that there's a deal with Browns or Giants (more than Beane is willing to pay), and there are no moves with anyone else until Beane knows for sure whether the guy he wants is at the spot he's about to trade for. 

I just think it's likely that SOMETHING happens.   I mentioned somewhere else something I'd never thought of before, which is that Beane takes the best QB left at 12 (again assuming it's a guy he wants) and then trades up from 22.  

There is a lot of magical thinking going into drafts. Listening to a caller on WGR say whoever we draft will be our QB for the next 15 years. Seriously? What makes everyone so sure? Keep in mind the franchise QBs we lust after, most were drafted without trading up for.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, evanmachlan said:

12, 22 and next year’s 1 for Wentz. Philly has their franchise guy/legend/hero in Foles. 

Make it happen Mr. Beane!

they already signed a back up. one that should hold the reins for a season or two?

he wont give up the farm (12, 22 and next year’s 1) for another teams back up, sb mvp or not.

but he likely will give up the farm to move up for the hopeful QB of the future?

wait, you were referring to their starter?

put the drink down!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973