Luke Easterling's Final 2018 Draft Board

5 minutes ago, zevo said:

Jackson is his top rated qb or am I reading this wrong?

Nope you are reading that right. Unless these are fantasy football rankings, I'm not sure what to say lol

• Like (+1) 1

Based on this chart we have a great chance at Sam Darnold with a trade up to the Colts to get him. 

Also if this Bills could get the QB they want at 12 man I would love to have 5 more great players in the top 96 picks. We would be sitting really good with lots of talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think taking Lamar Jackson is as big of a swing as taking josh Allen....i do like the argument of why wouldn’t you want to take the biggest swing you can when grabbing a qb....i am all for Lamar at 12....he just hasn’t received enough air time through this draft process due to the fact he didn’t hire an agent which i think was a big mistake...i literally know nothing about his leadership or what kind of intangibles he offers as a qb other than his downright filthy athleticism. Also with the state of our oline...he has the ability to survive.

Edited by zevo

I think the Bills are going to sit at 12 and get Jackson. My thought is Beane sees the how how dynamic he is as an athlete. The danger he presents with this legs (like Cam). Understands hes not ready to be a day 1 starter and sitting for a year with some packages can really help. Keeping all of their draft picks to then build around him with tons of cap room next year. 

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

Completely random, but is Edge just a different term for Defensive End? Why do I feel like this is the first year I've seen and heard it?

It's not a new term.  It's either a DE in a 4-3 or an OLB in a 3-4. 

15 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Completely random, but is Edge just a different term for Defensive End? Why do I feel like this is the first year I've seen and heard it?

Edge is essentially your rushing DE or OLB in 3-4. Typically plays a 7Tech on the weak side opposite TE (if there is one). Isn't known to be good against the run, and often is told to think pass rush first run second. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Based on this chart we have a great chance at Sam Darnold with a trade up to the Colts to get him. 

Also if this Bills could get the QB they want at 12 man I would love to have 5 more great players in the top 96 picks. We would be sitting really good with lots of talent. 

You have single handedly inspired me to hope Rosen is traded up for at 2. Fingers crossed

49 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

I think the Bills are going to sit at 12 and get Jackson. My thought is Beane sees the how how dynamic he is as an athlete. The danger he presents with this legs (like Cam). Understands hes not ready to be a day 1 starter and sitting for a year with some packages can really help. Keeping all of their draft picks to then build around him with tons of cap room next year. 

If given the chance, Belichick will trade ahead of the Dolphins and Bills pick to take Jackson. I totally believe he's the top QB on his board, and he's salvaging thinking about not having to spend high draft picks or big free agent money on the OL and RB positions. Seeing what Watson did with his old coach Bill OBrien sealed the deal for him wanting Jackson. The reason they've been trading for draft picks this year is to trade up to get him.

I also believe that Jackson's high on Beane's QB pecking order. Jackson and Watson are the future of the league. It's just too hard to find and keep a decent enough offensive line to protect non elusive QBs from the insanely skilled edge rushers coming into the league.

Edited by 1billsfan

6 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I also believe that Jackson's high on Beane's QB pecking order. Jackson and Watson are the future of the league. It's just too hard to find and keep a decent enough offensive line to protect non elusive QBs from the insanely skilled edge rushers coming into the league.

My impression is that Beane wants a big pocket passer.  Some think he might be interested in Josh Allen because of arm strength and size comparison to Cam.  One of the concerns with Jackson,  merited or not, is whether he can hold up.  Is he likely to be another RG3 or not?  I don't think your surmise is completely implausible, but it is counter to most of what I have heard/read.

2 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This idea/dream is what gets me by each day.  Id give my first born for one of the 4  to drop to 12