chad kelly

22 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

true, and most likely if his name wasn't kelly, he would have been drafted other than last because there wouldn't have been a media circus for some team to deal with.

I see your point but...what actual media circus was around denver when they drafted him? None.  The only media that would have cared if he was drafted was buffalo and only because he was related to Jim.  If im wrong please explain the media circus that followed in Denver when they drafted CK

Edited by Skins Malone

3 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

I see your point but...what actual media circus was around denver when they drafted him? None.  The only media that would have cared if he was drafted was buffalo and only because he was related to Jim.  If im wrong please explain the media circus that followed in Denver when they drafted CK

ok,ok...i still think he will have a future in the league somehow...and if denver goes with a qb, does he get the boot?

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

ok,ok...i still think he will have a future in the league somehow...and if denver goes with a qb, does he get the boot?

Its a good chance he might.  Imo kelly got drafted at a fair spot.  He made a ton of mistakes.  Is it possible he could be good someday? Of course.  But it will have nothing to do with his name being Kelly.  And if his name was Chad Jones there would be no mention of him on the board.

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Its a good chance he might.  Imo kelly got drafted at a fair spot.  He made a ton of mistakes.  Is it possible he could be good someday? Of course.  But it will have nothing to do with his name being Kelly.  And if his name was Chad Jones there would be no mention of him on the board.

well this is the buffalo bills board....so there's that....

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i really wanted to see him in buffalo and given the opportunity, i think he could really turn into something.

so let's play what if.....

what if the top 3 are gone with the giants taking a qb. that means allen is sitting there at 5 as well as chubb with barkley going to the browns at 4.

what if..elway wants allen and feels he can get him at 12, so we trade 12/22 and a late rd. next year, for no. 5 and chad kelly then select chubb?

There wouldn't be a cliff high enough for Bills fans to throw themselves off of if that were to happen.

43 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

For real?  The media circus following Chad Kelly when he arrived in Denver was even bigger than the circus when Nick O'Leary was drafted in Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

The broncos signed Keenum and are rumored to still covet a QB. kelly was a top QB prospect going into his senior year, but injuries and more off the field problems caused him to fall off. I think he is the QB in waiting there which leaves another spot for the Bills to trade up with. 

He was never a top prospect....

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

I would think if Denver goes QB that Paxton Lynch would be up for a trade.  Denver isn't going to want to keep Lynch's contract

as a 3rd stringer.  I would think the could get at least a 6th for him.

If that happened I can see Kelly staying on as 3rd string.

2 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Yep...and the only reason you wanted him is because his last name is kelly.   If it wasnt you wouldnt even be thinking about the guy.

If he grew up in Beaver Falls, PA or anywhere else, no one cares even though his name is Kelly.  Because his last name is Kelly AND he grew up on GI AND played at St Joe's AND was a 4X, record setting P P and K winner AND was a 4 star recruit to Clemson AND had many well publicized screwups along the way,  WNYers paid attention to his Ol' Miss career.  Even my 83 year old aunt was asking me when and where their games were to be played.  He was fun to watch and their games were very entertaining.  The fans and players there seemed to take to him.  I believe he actually finished his degree and pretty much behaved himself there. 

I did not and do not want him here.  There is too much politics involved in an NFL QB roster as it is.  Having him on the Bills' roster would make it worse.  His bad behavior has really brought him alot of bad publicity, almost cost him a college career and definitely cost him draft status and money.  He may have been kicked around enough to have learned something.  Time will tell.  He is talented enough to succeed and is a story worth following.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

4 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

The broncos signed Keenum and are rumored to still covet a QB. kelly was a top QB prospect going into his senior year, but injuries and more off the field problems caused him to fall off. I think he is the QB in waiting there which leaves another spot for the Bills to trade up with. 

A 7th round pick tabbed the QB in waiting sure. 

And likely only a 7th round pick as a favor from one friend (Elway) to another (Jimbo)

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i really wanted to see him in buffalo and given the opportunity, i think he could really turn into something.

so let's play what if.....

what if the top 3 are gone with the giants taking a qb. that means allen is sitting there at 5 as well as chubb with barkley going to the browns at 4.

what if..elway wants allen and feels he can get him at 12, so we trade 12/22 and a late rd. next year, for no. 5 and chad kelly then select chubb?

Nope 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

A 7th round pick tabbed the QB in waiting sure. 

And likely only a 7th round pick as a favor from one friend (Elway) to another (Jimbo)

Draft picks are way to valuable to do favors. Do a little homework and look at his draft status going into his senior year. Personally I can't stand the kids image but facts are he can play. Keenum is an UDFA and is starting, so your point makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Draft picks are way to valuable to do favors. Do a little homework and look at his draft status going into his senior year. Personally I can't stand the kids image but facts are he can play. Keenum is an UDFA and is starting, so your point makes no sense. 

7th round pick. It isnt valuable hence worth like one point. 

This was a Friend to Friend bone tossed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/john-elway-drafted-chad-kelly-after-plug-from-jim-kelly/amp/

Edited by MAJBobby