USC EDGE Uchenna Nwosu visiting Bills

This dude needs a new name with more vowels in the right places.

I really hope we draft him so we can see how many different ways his name is spelled in posts here.

And then, as NO PLACE TO HYDE suggests, we are going to have to have a naming competition for this guy with votes.

We'll go with the best anyone can come up with.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I have Nwosu graded as an off-ball 'backer moreso than an EDGE guy.

He'd be a nice fit for this defense

I'm guessing McD and Beane agree....it seems too small to be a DE in their Defense. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

With Kyle coming back, Star signed....would you say a bigger need is edge rusher over DT?  IMO...yes.  Get to the QB....

We signed Murphy and we have Jerry, plus our other DEs are mainly pass rushers minus Shaq.  I think our pass rush will be improved and I think Lorax has more opportunities to get after the QB.  I really like Murphy.  We have plenty of bodies at DE.  Right now our DT depth is nil.  Washington.....and that’s it.  If one of the 3 go down we’re basically where we were last year.  DT is the bigger need for THIS team imo. We have DEs locked up for the following season.  We don’t have any real DTs minus star. 

Normally id day get the pass rusher. This team needs another DT

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

We signed Murphy and we have Jerry, plus our other DEs are mainly pass rushers minus Shaq.  I think our pass rush will be improved and I think Lorax has more opportunities to get after the QB.  I really like Murphy.  We have plenty of bodies at DE.  Right now our DT depth is nil.  Washington.....and that’s it.  If one of the 3 go down we’re basically where we were last year.  DT is the bigger need for THIS team imo. We have DEs locked up for the following season.  We don’t have any real DTs minus star. 

I can't say I disagree with your point.  

If it's strictly depth....wouldn't you say we could get a solid DT in the 3rd/4th rounds?  Maybe an edge rusher earlier like in round 2?

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It would be nice if we could draft BPA at every position of need and just check off all the boxes but it doesn't work that way. I'd rather take a difference maker at a strong area than to draft an average prospect at a position of need. Go with BPA every time. Wait for the June 1st cuts to fill in the weak spots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

With Kyle coming back, Star signed....would you say a bigger need is edge rusher over DT?  IMO...yes.  Get to the QB....

I agree, I’m concerned with their ability to get to the passer. The secondary is good to great but could be even better with pressure.