Here we go again with a new QB

Get the qb now, use the 90mil next year to fill in some gaps. 

Bills have been good at getting reasonable talent for fair prices. 90 mil will go a long way. 

Futures so so bright I gotta wear shades. 

32 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

this is exactly my point. Thank you. No QB will succeed here behind this O-line/ WR combo.

It will be worse than Indy if we trade the farm away.

Will never succeed ever, or next year? A bit of myopia in this post. 

You’re not alone, lots of people have a tough time seeing the long game. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

The Bills have never picked a Qb in the top 10 in the franchises history.  The 5th rated qb this year will be higher rated than the top Qb next year.  They collected the extra, first, extra second, extra third to go get the one they want.  That is what needs to happen.  Rounds 2 and 3 get a pass catcher and linebaker, than fill out the roster with whats left.  There are literly 5 Qbs rated higher than Ej was.  Maybe 6 depends how you feel about Rudolph.  

Edited by Mat68

16 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I know, 80% or so of TBD wants to draft a QB this year no matter the cost.

I want a QB too, but pragmatism says moving up now will be devastatingly expensive. We will have an Indy style QB cripple on a weak team. Andrew Luck has yet to throw a football again....

I think this is a deep QB draft, but not a top QB draft, I see maybe three QBs in this draft being NFL worthy with one second tier QB being good. This would follow QB history. Even the 83 draft had 3 top QBs and 3 misses.

No QB can succeed behind a terrible O-Line, bad WRs and a weak RB situation. Our O-line is now terrible to match the WR situation.

AJ McCarron signed with the Bills with rights to Cordy Glenn at LT, Eric Wood at Center and Incognito at LG. At worst his left side was solid, but all are gone now. AJ McCarron  will not only have a terrible WR corps, but will have a terrible O-line. He will get killed and fail, and fans will slaughter him, despite being in a failing situation. His O-line will suck now as will his WR corps. Any rookie QB coming into this situation will do worse if the Bills trade away their capital.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers and even Matt Ryan would look bad behind our current line and WR situation. At best this team has one possession WR, and a gimpy TE, an ageing RB, with one solid T and a good backup C/G. We are pathetic for building up a QB to be successful.

Why would any rookie QB succeed here? They would get killed. We need an O-line and some real weapons to be successful.

I feel bad for AJ McCarron. He is getting a raw deal before starting.

Even worse we will suck in 2018, and not have our top 5 pick in 2019 to build an Offense or Defense around because we traded it for our 'franchise QB'.

Buffalo is so so far behind in talent it needs the 2018 draft to be successful, and then move. We will be a top 5 draft pick team in 2019 and can make our move.

(fighting ....the.....urge....not....to....be....hooked...into.....response....)

I can't resist.

Russell Wilson had a great year behind (yet another) terrible O-line and no running game

Macaroon getting a raw deal??  He's getting more money than ever since he was drafted as a career benchwarmer and now he has a starting job which is his to lose.  He'll be benched by a rookie.....and he will still make all that money!!

He's the luckiest man alive right now.

Aaron Rodgers plays behind a line that allowed him tomcat sacked 22 times in 7 games and he has no running game.  Brady took 35 sacks and he regularly gets to the SB with WRs like Welker, Amendola and Edelman and retreads at RB on one or 2 year contracts.

The Bills O-line WITH RI, Glenn (when the kid could suit up) and Wood was incredibly mediocre.  I really don't see a huge drop-off next year and the FO should not let the sudden retirement of their lunatic LG change their draft board.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills just haven't spent draft picks on QB as they should. Many teams with a set QB, draft a 2nd or 3rd round guy, something like, every other year, and sift through these to find and develop the replacement QB.   We haven't even done that.  For this century:

2017           Peterman 5th round

2016           Jones 4th round

2013           Manual  1st round 

2010           Brown  7th round

2007          Edwards 3rd round

2003          Losman  2nd round

All we got from this is low grade starters from the 2nd and 3rd round.    This year there are 4-6 good QB's and we should be able to get one.  But the team has been gutted by the new coaching staff and most successful, early-first-round QB's have come into a pretty viable team. Not into a team without a realistic O-line and without other key pieces.  I say don't pay the ransom for the top 4 draft spots and start rebuilding the rest of the team like mad.

Here is a list of QB's drafted recently in the first round .

#1       Russel           2007 Oakland

#1        Couch           1999  Browns

#2       Mirer            1993  Seahawks

#2        Leaf              1993 Chargers

#3         Young           2006  Titans

#3       Schuler         1998  Redskins

#7       Ware              1990 Lions

#16     Emanuel        1993  Bills

#22     Quinn            2007  Browns

#22      Manziel        2014  Browns

#25      Tebow          2010  Broncos

Remember that everyone was raving about those guys drafted in the first 3 rounds as "can't miss" guys.  If we draft one of those "can't miss" guys and do miss...   That is why I don't want to give up this whole draft for a QB.

1 minute ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Remember that everyone was raving about those guys drafted in the first 3 rounds as "can't miss" guys.  If we draft one of those "can't miss" guys and do miss...   That is why I don't want to give up this whole draft for a QB.

Time to take the day off from posting - again. Or, keep trolling on dude.

4 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Recently?  You're using data as early as 1990 which was 28 years ago.  

I'm 36, that's like me saying I was recently in elementary school.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Recently?  You're using data as early as 1990 which was 28 years ago.  

I'm 36, that's like me saying I was recently in elementary school.

The misses are spread out in time.  I  just have trouble believing that tall those top 6 QB's this year are all franchise guys or even long time starters.

8 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

So with the top 3 picks you found 2 that didn't work out in the last 12 years and none in the past decade?

Just now, maryland-bills-fan said:

The misses are spread out in time.  I  just have trouble believing that tall those top 6 QB's this year are all franchise guys or even long time starters.

I'm assuming there haven't been hits in that time.  Not a single QB drafted in the 1st has been good.

Showing us 10 misses over 28 years does not prove much of a point.  I can list 10 misses at every position over almost a 30 year period.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm assuming there haven't been hits in that time.  Not a single QB drafted in the 1st has been good.

Showing us 10 misses over 28 years does not prove much of a point.  I can list 10 misses at every position over almost a 30 year period.

The past 6 years alone. Luck, Newton, Winston, Goff. Let alone #2s with Wentz, Mariota...

Most years there are 2-3 first round picks total.  This year's pundit prediction is 4-5 picks in the first round. Most years there are 1 to 2 picks in the top 10 (that is in the top 5 and the 6-10 slots).  This year are supposed to be 5.   Somehow that doesn't sound right.

Year................top 5............... 6-10................. 11 to 32

===========================================

2018............... 3?..................... 2?..................... 1?

2017 ................1......................... 1..................... 1

2016 ................2.......................... 0................... 0

2015 ................2.......................... 0.................. 0

2014................ 1........................... 0.................. 2

2013 ................1.......................... 0................... 0

2012 ................2.......................... 1................... 1

2011 ................1.......................... 2.................. 1

2010 .................1..........................0................. 1

2009..................2......................... 0................... 1

2008................. 1......................... 0.................. 1

2007 .................1.......................... 0.................. 1

2006 .................1.......................... 1................. 1

2005 .................1.......................... 0................. 2

2004 .................2............................ 1.................. 1

2003 .................1.......................... 1................... 2

2002 ................2............................. 0 .................1

2001 ................1............................... 0.................. 1

2000 .................1.......................... 0...................... 0

8 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I showed the worst busts.  You show guys drafted in the second round.   Did they move up for them?

Every one of the guys he listed below was #1 or #2 pick in the draft

Where did he show "guys drafted in the second round"

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The past 6 years alone. Luck, Newton, Winston, Goff. Let alone #2s with Wentz, Mariota...

Let AJM duke it out with a rookie worthy of actually being considered.....competition is a good thing.

And we keep resetting at QB because we have not found the right one.......if the bills hit on that qb it really does not matter HOW expensive the qb is......the position is that important.

Pass Protection bad?   Well if you have a QB that can read defenses quickly and get the ball out it doesnt matter

Run blocking bad?  If you have a franchise guy that can open things up with the passing game it will open up the running game unless the OL is down right abysmal

Pass Targets bad?   Tom Brady plays with nobody's every year and still gets it done

16 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I showed the worst busts.  You show guys drafted in the second round.   Did they move up for them?

Ok, youre either a horrible troll, or actually really this dumb. Tried to hold off, but to the ignore list you go.