WOW is our OL ever in shambles

Bakin

On 4/11/2018 at 8:11 AM, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

We need four  good linemen. Dawkins and four below average at best right now Shambles is a good word for it

Disagree. Groy might turn out to be better than that. He was quite decent at center when he played. And after the first few weeks, Ducasse was pretty solid.

Shambles is an overstatement.

13 hours ago, teef said:

so...did he state medical issues just because he was being zany?  he is a bit of a head case, which is why i think his tweets were bizarre.  i've mentioned this before, but i have a brother in law that was a pro athlete.  he ended a season thinking he was going into next year, and about 2/3 of the way into the off season, he and his physicians, (along with the team) decided it was best that he not play anymore for his long term health. these things happen.  i think you're trying to hard here.

Fair enough. But did your brother in law fire his agent by twitter?

IMO you're both right. Being concerned about your health is the most reasonable thing in the world, and yet we also hear that if the money is good enough he'd play another year. I think he's going through some kind of weirdness lately, but I have no problem with wanting to retire for his health. I hope he's OK.

• Like (+1) 1

Signed  Cincinnati starting center Signed C( Russell Bodine ) who just so happens to be the center for AJ McCarron in practice the last 3 years

Ryan Groy goes to LG, who also never gave up a sack at center in Buffalo.

Maybe you guys BELIEVE Incognito is retiring, I am not buying that........sounds like a power move for more money to me

What problem are we talking about again?

Edited by HOUSE

2 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

I can't believe after so many years, some Bills fans are actually arguing against finally trading up to get our franchise QB, best QB draft in 15 years, its insanity.

Me neither

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

They did try to address it last year, they had Glenn at LT and drafted Dawkins to play RT. Mills was not intended to be the starter going into last season. So I don't get where this perception that the current administration lacks care for the O-line comes from. Going into last season they had a line of Glenn (A dam fine LT when healthy) - InCog (A good LG coming off of 2 probowls) - Wood (An above average starting center) - Miller (A young guard coming off of some pretty decent seasons) - Dawkins (A 2nd round pick they traded up to get)

Glenn got hurt and Miller regressed beyond reasonable expectation, that is what caused the O-line to regress. The construction of last years O-line to start the season was not bad at all. 

Bringing in Ducasse and expecting Mills to improve ?

Glenn was already an Issue with health.Miller was not going to start over Ducasse and John Miller regressed ? not sure about that.

I just do not agree.

I can see them "hoping" Glenn could play LT and maybe move to Dawkins to RT. But that never really had any good footing though OTA or preseason LOL

23 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

I can't believe after so many years, some Bills fans are actually argueing against finally trading up to get our franchise QB, best QB draft in 15 years, its insanity.

I just don't want a DavidCarr situation.  If we do move up and draft a QB you better make sure that our o-line is adequate in pass protection.  I think we should sit whoever we pick at least a year until we can add some pieces to the o-line and WR core.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, Mr. WEO said:

How great was this O-line last year?

Last year we had a QB who could and DID run for his life!

This year - we might just be screwed. Especially IF we finally get our franchise QB and end up getting him broken right out of the gate.

It sucks to have these unforeseen holes in our offensive line just when they were ready to trade the farm for a QB.

This sure sucks for the PROCESS. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Last year we had a QB who could and DID run for his life!

This year - we might just be screwed. Especially IF we finally get our franchise QB and end up getting him broken right out of the gate.

It sucks to have these unforeseen holes in our offensive line just when they were ready to trade the farm for a QB.

This sure sucks for the PROCESS. 

No one was freaking out over the wise trade of Glenn, even after Wood retired.  Now Incognito loses his mind and retires and it's a sudden disaster?

I'm not buying it.  The guys still left played a lot of snaps last season.  I don't see a huge drop off from mediocre.

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one was freaking out over the wise trade of Glenn, even after Wood retired.  Now Incognito loses his mind and retires and it's a sudden disaster?

I'm not buying it.  The guys still left played a lot of snaps last season.  I don't see a huge drop off from mediocre.

You missed the point!

Even if the line is exactly the same, we no longer have a QB that can escape the mayhem caused by turnstile OL scheme.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

You missed the point!

Even if the line is exactly the same, we no longer have a QB that can escape the mayhem caused by turnstile OL scheme.  

I posted that several pages ago.  Scroll back.

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fair enough. But did your brother in law fire his agent by twitter?

IMO you're both right. Being concerned about your health is the most reasonable thing in the world, and yet we also hear that if the money is good enough he'd play another year. I think he's going through some kind of weirdness lately, but I have no problem with wanting to retire for his health. I hope he's OK.

agreed.  i'd be willing to be it's a combination of factors rather than just one.  

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

I can't believe after so many years, some Bills fans are actually argueing against finally trading up to get our franchise QB, best QB draft in 15 years, its insanity.

It's some kind of weird, mutant Stockholm Syndrome where fans become defenders of the habitual bad strategy of plugging holes and deferring on qb.