Beane Bad Player Relations ?

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Liver and kidneys screamed substance abuse of some sort to me when I read it. That said, I wish him well and he has a nice life away from football.

plus being 6 3 and 330 LBs--100 LBs above what even a muscular guy at 6 3 should be.. puts stress on the system. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It was also said that things got drastically worse in Carolina after Beane left because Beane was the bridge between Gettleman and the players. 

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/how-losing-brandon-beane-may-have-played-role-panthers-firing-gm-dave-gettleman

I was going to say this exact thing. It was even made apparent once Gettleman was relieved of his general managerial duties DeAngelo Williams tweeted out he would sign with Carolina if they called and took them off his list of teams he wouldn't play for. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

One guy retires because he's concerned his internal organs are damaged.  One guy retires because of a spinal condition making it too dangerous to play.  And those mean the GM is anti-player.

Is there some way this site infects the brains of some with bad acid or something?

i have already read some very wtf posts.

and that is usually my role to act out

About Gettleman, what i had read on him is that he was very much unapproachable at the player level and possibly disliked or worse. That was awhile back though.
Who doesn't love Beanes ?

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

No

your post seem quip to some, i might consider.
harsh yet succinct .
You are refining your style. retirement can be a good thing to achieve

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Yeah, okay.  

One old, roided, cranky player wants more money than he's worth to justify poor life decisions that have permanently damaged his vital organs = GM may have a personnel problem.

stretching is good for the body. reaching can be as well. over reaching can strain a muscle.

and you might have issues.

or be perfectly correct 
:P

Beanes is a swell guy. we know that

/S

Edited by 3rdand12

20 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a common misconception and simply not true. I'd place him, maybe in the top 20 of centers. He was a pretty average player, maybe slightly above average center making top ten center money. He's been okay but definitely overpaid. Very overrated by fans. 

you might be parsing snips.
He was our center. He was loyal and serviceable. And certainly had his good moments getting to the second level.

we might best be Gentle folks and  give  some thanks to him for his sincere, steady and quality effort.

Tomorrow is a new Day

23 minutes ago, Tcali said:

plus being 6 3 and 330 LBs--100 LBs above what even a muscular guy at 6 3 should be.. puts stress on the system. 

Puts stress on the joints and cardiovascular system- major arteries go to renal and hepatic- not fed properly not happy for sure.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...perhaps the timing of his announcement, citing those health concerns (don't they undergo an extensive post season physical??) right after his pay cut and agent firing make everything highly suspect IMO......and quite frankly, we will NEVER know.............moving on.............

Yep- moving on. Truth be told, I liked how he rebounded his career but it is what it is now!

32 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

you might be parsing snips.
He was our center. He was loyal and serviceable. And certainly had his good moments getting to the second level.

we might best be Gentle folks and  give  some thanks to him for his sincere, steady and quality effort.

Tomorrow is a new Day

I hear you. I have love for Wood, but I'm just saying he was overpaid for what he provided. I think it is okay to like him and still think he was overrated no?  It just goes into the original topic about Beane. I just don't think he is going to overpay players for average production is all I am saying. We shall see. It is still very likely that Wood's replacement isn't as good, but that doesn't mean that Wood is this great player. He was good. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

40 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

i have already read some very wtf posts.

and that is usually my role to act out

About Gettleman, what i had read on him is that he was very much unapproachable at the player level and possibly disliked or worse. That was awhile back though.
Who doesn't love Beanes ?

your post seem quip to some, i might consider.
harsh yet succinct .
You are refining your style. retirement can be a good thing to achieve

stretching is good for the body. reaching can be as well. over reaching can strain a muscle.

and you might have issues.

or be perfectly correct 
:P

Beanes is a swell guy. we know that

/S

If only I could retire.....

let Beane do his job is my thought.  Then judge.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I hear you. I have love for Wood, but I'm just saying he was overpaid for what he provided. I think it is okay to like him and still think he was overrated no?  It just goes into the original topic about Beane. I just don't think he is going to overpay players for average production is all I am saying. We shall see. It is still very likely that Wood's replacement isn't as good, but that doesn't mean that Wood is this great player. He was okay. 

I am not sure how he was rated MR E.

But i admit i have had moment during his career i wish the Bills had upgraded and moved him back to guard lol. I even wished for Groy to remain.

Never want to disparage a player like Eric Wood in any way though.

A Buffalo Bill through and through.
Thats all i have to say about that.

ps

lol

We are abouts screwed with out the Vets Woods and Cogs and Cordy. I mean that very sincerely

58 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a common misconception and simply not true. I'd place him, maybe in the top 20 of centers. He was a pretty average player, maybe slightly above average center making top ten center money. He's been okay but definitely overpaid. Very overrated by fans. 

Name 19 centers you would take over him

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If only I could retire.....

let Beane do his job is my thought.  Then judge.

I am riding the same Wave .

Pops i dig your groove.

This is the year of McBeanes.

i remain a Fan.

Go Bills

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is an interesting point, I just think he is bias towards his guys. I think it makes sense to keep a hard line in negotiations. It's not all cumbaya, but I'm sick of overpaying out hometown average players who we think are so great. Hopefully the Chris Kelsays and Eric Woods of the world are officially gone. It is a business first and they are only going to keep guys who fit and they don't seem willing to overpay. I don't think it is a bad thing but you do have to live on a fine line. 

Oh - - Chris Kelsay!  Please never that happen again!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Yeah, okay.  

One old, roided, cranky player wants more money than he's worth to justify poor life decisions that have permanently damaged his vital organs = GM may have a personnel problem.

he was worth every penny.  I was surprised when he took a paycut

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

At this point, I wondering how long the line to the edge is, I mean I might want to jump here soon but not if I have to wait in line forever.    

stop back in two weeks or so.
  We will see if we can move you ahead of the line.
A Mimilayan Shaman once told me after a vision quest.

Do not judge till after the Draft.

Mumbled something about OTAs and preseason.

After we snuck into the playoffs we thought the football Gods smiled on us finally, but in reality it looks like they found a clever way to **** on us without us realizing it.  They gave us a bouquet of roses and used Poison Oak for garnish.

Edited by formerlyofCtown