Beane Bad Player Relations ?

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Too bad this didn't happen last season.

respect the process. this is Beane's first Scouting and now draft.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

After we snuck into the playoffs we thought the football Gods smiled on us finally, but in reality it looks like they found a clever way to **** on us without us realizing it.  They gave us a bouquet roses and used Poison Oak for garnish.

you have misplaced your spectacles again.
Football Gods have never smiled upon Bills. You have read of the curse ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

It's been said Gettleman had bad player relations in Carolina do we see the same things starting to happen here with Beane now?

Absolutely. It is why Tolbert, Benjamin, Clay and Lotulelei wouldn't sign here OR in the case of trades said they didn't want to be here... oh wait!!  This never happened.  Why do you need to make crap up WITHOUT any proof whatsoever??!!?

39 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Name 19 centers you would take over him

Travis Frederick

Alex Mack

Jason Kelce

Rodney Hudson

Max Unger

JC Tretter

Matt Paradis

Ryan Jensen

Ali Marpet (though he is probably moving back to guard)

Ryan Khalil

Both Pounceys, I hate them but they are better than Wood

Pat Elflein

Weston Richburg

Ben Jones 

Brandon Linder

That's all I got. I might be forgetting someone. I like Travis Swanson, but he is coming off injury and John Sullivan is old. So 16 counting a guy that may move back to guard. I would also take any of the three guys in the draft...Price, Daniels, Ragnow over Wood. So technically 19. 

And people please don't say you've never heard of some of these guys, because if that is the case, you should not comment. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Travis Frederick

Alex Mack

Jason Kelce

Rodney Hudson

Max Unger

JC Tretter

Matt Paradis

Ryan Jensen

Ali Marpet (though he is probably moving back to guard)

Ryan Khalil

Both Pounceys, I hate them but they are better than Wood

Pat Elflein

Weston Richburg

Ben Jones 

Brandon Linder

That's all I got. I might be forgetting someone. I like Travis Swanson, but he is coming off injury and John Sullivan is old. So 16 counting a guy that may move back to guard. I would also take any of the three guys in the draft...Price, Daniels, Ragnow over Wood. So technically 19. 

And people please don't say you've never heard of some of these guys, because if that is the case, you should not comment. 

I will agree with 9 of them and you can't count college centers who haven't played an NFL snap.

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

...Retiring due to injury, no less. lol

What actually happened, is he took a pay cut in good faith, changed his mind and wanted to retire, and now he has to return money.

He's going completely off the rails on Twitter right now. So far he's tweeted a bath salts joke about Zay, deleted a tweet to Tyrod, and is still running his mouth starting at 3am talking about not being appreciated/HOF/sending highlights to the Bills.

This guy is a joke.

11 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

i have already read some very wtf posts.

and that is usually my role to act out

About Gettleman, what i had read on him is that he was very much unapproachable at the player level and possibly disliked or worse. That was awhile back though.
Who doesn't love Beanes ?

your post seem quip to some, i might consider.
harsh yet succinct .

(You are refining your style. retirement can be a good thing to achieve) ?

stretching is good for the body. reaching can be as well. over reaching can strain a muscle.

and you might have issues.

or be perfectly correct 
:P

Beanes is a swell guy. we know that

/S

Yup

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I will agree with 9 of them and you can't count college centers who haven't played an NFL snap.

You asked me who I would rather have, so I'm counting those three as guys I'd rather have over Wood. Obviously I can't say they are better, but projection tells me that I would rather have them. 

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You asked me who I would rather have, so I'm counting those three as guys I'd rather have over Wood. Obviously I can't say they are better, but projection tells me that I would rather have them. 

Fair enough, in my opinion he was a top 15 center at least and worked on the same line group.  With that being said though I am pretty high on Groy and with all the changes including QB continuity doesn't matter much.

15 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

Why because a 34 year old guard most likely roided up. Claiming his liver and kidneys shutting down, signed an adjusted contract his agent put in place , got ticked off weeks later and retired? 

well, since you put it that way...:lol:

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Fair enough, in my opinion he was a top 15 center at least and worked on the same line group.  With that being said though I am pretty high on Groy and with all the changes including QB continuity doesn't matter much.

I think we are pretty close to agreement. I think he was in that 15-20 range, but not the all pro that everyone made him out to be. He was a slightly better than average center. I do like Groy a lot actually and he spent a summer with the Patriots in 2015 so he should at least have some familiarity of the terminology Daboll will use. At the end of the day, short of signing Luke Joeckel (perhaps Castillo can tap into that natural talent) or offering RFA Matt Paradis (2nd round tender) a contract, we are probably looking at Bodine at center with Groy at LG. Of course we could look to upgrade in the second round as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Yes, pretty soon all of our players will either retire or demand to be traded. We’ll need replacement players at some point I’m guessing.

Yea we def shouldn't trade up for a Qb well need to replace those guys.  untitled.png.11fb92de2b1e9dc54296149a04e38750.png

6 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

What actually happened, is he took a pay cut in good faith, changed his mind and wanted to retire, and now he has to return money.

He's going completely off the rails on Twitter right now. So far he's tweeted a bath salts joke about Zay, deleted a tweet to Tyrod, and is still running his mouth starting at 3am talking about not being appreciated/HOF/sending highlights to the Bills.

This guy is a joke.

Wow

Beane was willing to give Kyle Williams some time to evaluate whether he wanted to come back and while there was a deadline, they said right from the start they'd welcome him back with open arms. That doesn't sound like a guy who doesn't care about players. 

Beane strikes me as this is a business, and we must agree on business principles, but once those are done - we care about the players just as much. I think Beane won't make moves or decisions that are detrimental to the team, no matter who that player is but those who can and want to play for the Bills, in their terms, they are part of a family. 

On 4/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

DeBartolo and the Niners made it work (he called it the "family) RESULT: 4 Lombardis......Steelers & the Rooneys made it work..RESULT: 6 Lombardis......Kraft and the Pats made it work..RESULT: 5 Lombardis.....sorry but you can only go so far with some of these divas before as McNair said, "the inmates are running the asylum"......Grandma cclled it "tough love"....if McBeane pisses everybody and gets ONE Lombardi before I head to Hell's Kitchen, mission accomplished IMO.......

Knoll didn't have a touchy,lovey feel for anybody,including the ownership..there was a lot of inner hatred on those Steeler teams and it still lingers to this day,Bradshaw and Swann still want nothing to do with each other.However..on the flipside,during our SB appearance years...Jimbo would invite the entire team over to his house for booze and food after home games...human chemistry is a dilly  to figure out...

Edited by Misterbluesky